XIM Community

Special thank you to the beta testers .  (Read 1349 times)

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
Special thank you to the beta testers .
« on: 07:46 AM - 07/05/08 »
    ;)
  I'd like to be the first to say thank you guys for your hard work and dedication to a product that will revolutionize fps games on the 360 . I appreciate that there are guys out there who share the same passion that I do when it comes to gaming ON ANY PLATFORM. Frankly , without Obsiv's bad @#$% idea's , my fps gaming on the 360 would be like @#$% .
 Thanks again guys for doing what you do .
 -Glenn

Offline tino420

• View Profile
Re: Special thank you to the beta testers .
« Reply #1 on: 10:46 AM - 07/05/08 »
I second that, Thank you. Can't wait for my XIM2 DIY Kit

Offline xSir Nubx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:46 AM - 07/06/08 »
Yes, they did finish faster than I thought they would. Nice work.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:30 AM - 07/07/08 »
It's been a intense process. I am working on a configuration list for the games which I tested to post up later on. The testing process for Xim 1 is alot different than Xim360. Today I get to finally test the xim360 with UTIII,Bioshock and GOW. I have half life 2 on the list for you glenn so I'll let you know how that pans out. I am really happy about the testing progres so far.

*EDIT - Today is the 7th of July and all of the sudden release date for UTIII shows 15th? Now I am about to whoop on somethin'
« Last Edit: 10:38 AM - 07/07/08 by nickstudy »
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:57 AM - 07/07/08 »
Heh , Leave it up to Nick to give me my first laugh of the morning . Are you making a chart similar to what we have in the Congfiguration section? Something like what we had in the old forums would be helpful .
I'm so freaking excitied the xim360 is going to make older fps games playable and fun again .ATM , I am going through the Half life 2 series using Gen.1 Xim and although its awkward its definately playable. Can't wait to see the final result of the other games you have on your list.
Exciting times ... Exciting times indeed . ;D

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:17 AM - 07/07/08 »
Heh , Leave it up to Nick to give me my first laugh of the morning . Are you making a chart similar to what we have in the Congfiguration section? Something like what we had in the old forums would be helpful .
I'm so freaking excitied the xim360 is going to make older fps games playable and fun again .ATM , I am going through the Half life 2 series using Gen.1 Xim and although its awkward its definately playable. Can't wait to see the final result of the other games you have on your list.
Exciting times ... Exciting times indeed . ;D

For half life 2 on Xim1 you got to get the translation expo right otherwise it will feel more awkward. It almost feels like the movement caps out at different translation expos so I am researching that piece of it since other games have some of that feel to it as well.

I just called around to 11 different stores (wal mart, target, best buy, circuit city, fry's, gamestop, software etc , egghead software) along with a few others and no one seems to know when UTIII ships. Gamestop says 7-15-08, Target says 7-09-08, best buy is clueless they don't even know when just telling me weds and sat they get shipments on truck (thanks alot you guys sux). Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline hak

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:13 PM - 07/07/08 »
zzzz, Epic Games = Epic Fail, I think their just too busy with GoW 2 and left the boxes of UT 3 360 in the warehouse unattended  >:(

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: OMGsus
  • PSN ID: OMGsus
« Reply #7 on: 09:39 AM - 07/08/08 »
For half life 2 on Xim1 you got to get the translation expo right otherwise it will feel more awkward. It almost feels like the movement caps out at different translation expos so I am researching that piece of it since other games have some of that feel to it as well.

Its a bit of an illusion with increased exponent. That game has a wicked slow turn speed cap and XIM cant do anything for games like it but it makes it feel "right" as long as you use slow mouse speeds to cap out the turning speed. ...but snap 90's/180's will suck.

The ONLY thing I can think of is a modchip-like hardware memory trainer that modifies or bypasses the engines input control algorithms... yea that's NOT gonna happen any time soon I hope since these devices are used for aimbots. :'( I would just wanna get it out there to better the kb/m gaming experience but some people just suck so bad they have to hack to win/grief. That and it's a permanent cat and mouse game with detection/anti-detection/anti-anti-detection/etc.