XIM Community

[RESOLVED] XIM no longer works - recognizing 2 of 3 devices  (Read 122 times)

Offline Ddl112233

• View Profile
I'm running into an issue where my XIM Apex isn't working. It only recognizes 2 of 3 devices. Usually the controller and keyboard (however even as it recognizes the 2 devices, only the controller works). Usually the controller xbox button flashes white until I disconnect and reconnect the controller and then it works.

I've done the following:
- reset xbox (pulled out power cord)
- ensured XIM usb hub works
- ensured usb cables are working

This is my set up (aside from the Xim itself)

- Xbox1 X
- Mouse: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073CG5BPH/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Keyboard: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074J3JW9G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Xb1 elite controller

Everything worked fine at first. And then when this problem happened, a factory reset of the XIM fixed the issue. However, when I turned off the xbox and then turned it back on, it stopped working again and I would need to repeat the process of doing a factory reset on the XIM. However now that doesn't even seem to work. Any ideas on how to address?

I had another post on this here: http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=66153.msg687561#msg687561
« Last Edit: 04:23 PM - 05/20/18 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM no longer works - recognizing 2 of 3 devices
« Reply #1 on: 08:19 AM - 05/17/18 »
When your peripherals aren't working is there a console/controller, mouse, and keyboard icon at the top of Manager?

I would try using the port order of:

port 1: mouse
port 2: keyboard
port 3: controller

Start APEX with only the controller attached, verify the controller is working then attach the mouse. Verify the mouse is working then attach the keyboard.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Ddl112233

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] XIM no longer works - recognizing 2 of 3 devices
« Reply #2 on: 04:21 PM - 05/20/18 »
One at a time seemed to do the trick. Any idea why? The problem is now resolved but just want to understand how to troubleshoot moving forward without hassling you guys too much. Thanks!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] XIM no longer works - recognizing 2 of 3 devices
« Reply #3 on: 04:23 PM - 05/20/18 »
Yep, that was suggested for a reason. :)

Your setup is drawing more power than your console's USB port can support when APEX starts. You could continue connecting in this order each startup or you may benefit from adding a power adapter. APEX supports power adapters using the spec below and can be found on amazon or ebay.

5V 3A power adapter  ([3.5mm x 1.35mm], center-positive)
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos