XIM Community

Builder Pro Question  (Read 240 times)

Offline bennyskoo

• View Profile
Builder Pro Question
« on: 04:42 PM - 05/16/18 »
So a friend of mine is selling me his Xim Apex. My question is a lot of the videos I have watched the premade build button can be made whatever you want but I didn't see any button options for stairs wall roof? also, how does switching weapons work? When I play on PC I hit tab for my pickax and it puts me the same screen as the weapons and I usually just scroll through to the weapon I want is it the same way with the Xim?

Thanks for clearing that up
Cheers
Benny

Offline Deazly

• View Profile
Re: Builder Pro Question
« Reply #1 on: 05:42 PM - 05/16/18 »
Hello!

Console has build mode. You enter build mode with a key press. I use Q, any key bind will work. Builder pro uses L1L2R1R2. You can keybind those as you like. I use all mouse for building. Mouse 1-4. Weapon swapping has to be keybind using R1/L1, set to whatever you want. I use ctrl and alt to cycle through, mouse wheel is sometimes used. F is my pick.

Xim Alex is a very smooth dongle. I like mine. Cheers.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Builder Pro Question
« Reply #2 on: 05:48 PM - 05/16/18 »
Builder Pro mode on console has made a huge difference.

I bind the build menu to my pinky, then use left-click, right-click, Q & E for the wall, stairs, roof and floor. I'd use 4 mouse buttons but I don't have that luxury (lefty / ambi mice suck in the button department). Realistically, we only need 3 mouse buttons, cos who use the roof piece?

Q & E are also bound to weapon swapping, which I find faster and more reliable than scrolling the wheel up and down.