XIM Community

Stuttering  (Read 337 times)

Offline LackinMost

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: LackinMost
Stuttering
« on: 07:27 PM - 05/14/18 »
I have a red,dragon mammoth 16400 dpi mouse. I play mouse and controller on fortnite ps4. I told my friend all about it he ordered the same exact set up. Same mouse model m801w and he got on the,xim app while going through the set up video got him to put in all of the same settings. 1000hz dpi at 2000 hip 75 ads 45 but when he set it up he has a red caution sign by his 1000hz stating that it will not have good performance due to the quality of the mouse or something of that nature. He says its slow and stuttets he will have a few seconds of no issues but back to stutter and slow speeds. Tried reconnect chsnge it to 125hz and just turn dpi up to max,16400 that didnt work. Same issue. In game sensitivity is max as well

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Stuttering
« Reply #1 on: 07:41 PM - 05/14/18 »
the error message means the xim is at a higher polling than the mouse, eg the xim runs 1000hz but your mouse is at 500hz
since you said the mouse has been set to 1000hz this sounds like the mouse doesnt have onboard memory and therefore the changes didnt carry over to the pc (but only work when connected to the pc)
please double check that all mouse adjustments have been saved on the mouse itself

also 2000 dpi is kind of low, you should try at least 3000 dpi for the best mouse movements
aside from that go with the xim sync setting common, it reduces potential stutter quite a lot
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline LackinMost

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:06 PM - 05/16/18 »
I'm pretty new to this myself I just know my set up functions properly and,his doesn't I never plugged my mouse into a pc before and never changed anythinf othrr than,in the xim app. And,can,you expand on the onboard memory thing

Offline quietclutch

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Quiet_Clutch
« Reply #3 on: 08:18 PM - 05/16/18 »
You have to set your mouses polling rate to the Xim's response rate. Since you're running 1000Hz on the Apex, you have to change your mouses polling rate to 1000 also. It should be on your mouses software .

Offline quietclutch

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Quiet_Clutch
« Reply #4 on: 08:26 PM - 05/16/18 »
You have to connect your mouse to your computer and download the redragon software (if you don't have it) once you donwloaded it there should be a small box on the bottom right corner that says polling rate, you can tick of the polling rate you want , in your case being 1000hz. I'm also not sure if your mouse has onboard memory or not.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:36 AM - 05/17/18 »
^ That's what I would assume. It's worth mentioning that even if a mouse can run at 1000hz it may not run efficiently, lowering both the mouse and APEX polling rate will improve performance if this is the case.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline LackinMost

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:44 PM - 05/17/18 »
Alright thanks guys ill pass it on. Would you recommend getting a different mouse?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:24 AM - 05/18/18 »
Pay peanuts, get monkeys. Go with Logitech gaming mice.

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06:36 AM - 05/18/18 »
I agree I'd bust out a Logitech. They poll so consistently and work really well. I've been won over alot by Logitech recently. In fact the G203 is peanuts but you get gorrilas

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:31 AM - 05/18/18 »
In fact the G203 is peanuts but you get gorrilas
Agreed, it's a rare exception.