XIM Community

[Q/A] The Division PS4 Xim Apex vs. controller camera movement  (Read 241 times)

Offline skirm1sh

• View Profile
Hi all,

I've read most of the Division threads and I know this game isn't officially supported due to its shoddy mechanics, but I have a question:

Can Xim Apex turn the camera as fast as the controller can at max camera sensitivity? No matter which settings I try, I can't match the controller's camera turn speed.

Tried recommended game settings. Deadzone 0/40. Many forum configs. Different synchronizes, aiming guide.

For example, if I'm running up a confined staircase such as the one in the beginning of Lexington, I'm able to completely hug the inner handrail of the staircase at full running speed with max camera settings + controller. With Xim Apex my character drifts outward toward the wall and is unable to hug the inner handrail completely. Seems like Xim Apex can't turn the camera fast enough to keep the character hugging the handrail. The camera hardly moves and it already hits the game turn limit. I tried reducing sensitivity to stay below the turn limit, but then the camera barely moves at all.

Any ideas? Is it possible to emulate a controller's camera turn speed with Xim Apex?

Using the latest stable Xim Apex driver, Steelseries Rival 600 (12k cpi, 1k polling in both software and Xim Apex). Steelseries Dex pad, Bloody B975 kb.

Thank you for reading!
« Last Edit: 06:33 PM - 05/14/18 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: The Division PS4 Xim Apex vs. controller camera movement
« Reply #1 on: 06:32 PM - 05/14/18 »
Welcome to the community. The maximum turn speed in this game is low unfortunately. Console games have a maximum speed that they allow you to turn. This max turn speed will vary between games and is a limit set by the game developer. XIM flashes red lights when you've reached the turn speed limit. If you continue moving faster than what the game allows then that movement is ignored and you may see less movement as a result. By either lowering your sensitivity or moving your mouse slower to stay under or ride the turn speed limit should result in more onscreen movement.

When playing with the controller you are using an analog stick that can peg the stick at 100% continuously and can't exceed the turn speed limit. It makes full use of turning without any negative consequences. A mouse cannot do this on console. You can only swipe for a limited duration and if you exceed the turn speed limit you are may only be pegging the analog stick for a split second during the swipe and the rest of your movement is ignored by the game. This results in less movement on screen. By either lowering your XIM sensitivity or slowing your swipe speed to not exceed or ride the turn speed limit you should see more on screen movement as a result.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline skirm1sh

• View Profile
Ahh that clears things up a bit. Thank you for your reply!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
No problem. I've played hundreds of hours of the division so I do hope that the turn speed is larger in the next version. In the meantime I recommend either using the in-game 180 degree turn feature or looking at XIM APEX's turn assist feature. This is in the aim section of your config with expert mode enabled. Assign a key to turn assist then hold that key while moving your mouse to to continuously peg the analog stick. I set this to middle mouse button on my mouse. Another option is to assign the right analog stick turn keys to buttons. This is either in aim or movement, sorry I don't recall. If your mouse has a tilt function on the mouse wheel then tilt left and tilt right would be good keys for this.

Offline skirm1sh

• View Profile
Thanks a ton for all the info--seems like a great workaround!

Is there a more eloquent method to handle the consumable wheels than the forum post from awhile back?

Still figuring all the configs on the Apex. Awesome that the handling feels solid and that it has so much to work with. Any experience using XIM Link with the game? Also considering picking up a T2 but not sure if ok to discuss here.

Drop me a line if you need an extra teammate in game. Thank you again for all your help.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Is there a more eloquent method to handle the consumable wheels than the forum post from awhile back?

Still figuring all the configs on the Apex. Awesome that the handling feels solid and that it has so much to work with. Any experience using XIM Link with the game? Also considering picking up a T2 but not sure if ok to discuss here.

I don't think so, the wheels can be cumbersome but the post you're talking about should go over how to swap sticks to make this easier. If you're using a nav or a g13 using the wheel becomes much easier because you have an analog stick. I haven't used XIM Link in it or a titan in this game. You're free to talk about anything on the forum aside from politics, religion, and certain cheats like rapid fire or no recoil. There are a few users here who chain XIM and Titan together. I recommend creating a thread about this in either General Discussions or APEX General for more visibility.

Offline S13002931

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: S13002932
Interesting.  I am almost ready to sell my Xim Apex  because can't setup properly for The Division.

I am going to try that   Turn Asist   feature :)   

Mouse Logitech g502
Logitech G13 keypad
Xim Apex

Dz,
The Division