XIM Community

Does a specific mouse pad really necessary?  (Read 238 times)

Offline Godsplan

• View Profile
Does a specific mouse pad really necessary?
« on: 01:36 PM - 05/14/18 »
I got the logitech g pro and I made a mouse pad out of a shirt, just wondering if I really need to purchase a high end mouse pad or does the one that I made is perfectly fine.

Offline Lunatic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: LunaticLunaFaZe
Re: Does a specific mouse pad really necessary?
« Reply #1 on: 01:41 PM - 05/14/18 »
I'd invest in a gaming mouse pad in my opinion i use a dollar store one and its really not the best

Offline Godsplan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:44 PM - 05/14/18 »
yeah ill get one tomorrow at best buy, was just wondering if a expensive one was really worth it

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:46 PM - 05/14/18 »
Just get a standard qck. It's not expensive but imo a decent mouse mat can make a big difference.

Offline Lunatic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: LunaticLunaFaZe
« Reply #4 on: 01:56 PM - 05/14/18 »
Yeah im getting the steelseries qck one people told me it would go good with the g502

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:18 PM - 05/14/18 »
It depends on your meaning of expensive.

A Steelseries QCK is on the cheaper end but is reliable and performs well. A Dex is more expensive but still affordable and performs very well.

Something like a Razer or Corsair pad with LEDs around the edge is expensive and offers no performance benefit over a cheaper pad.

Offline mjfame

• "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)
« Reply #6 on: 04:15 AM - 05/15/18 »
I got the logitech g pro and I made a mouse pad out of a shirt, just wondering if I really need to purchase a high end mouse pad or does the one that I made is perfectly fine.

lol definitely purchase a pad
XIM APEX // BETA : 20180402
Logitech G Pro // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT) // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD)

"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1 | 2017.07.27 (10k)

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Offline 1me

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:20 AM - 05/15/18 »
A mouse pad is really important. It gives you so much additional control.
There are cloth mousepads with high friction, plastic pads with very low friction and mouse pads in between. The exact same dpi can feel extremly different on different mouse pads because of the friction.

However, if your mouse sensor hasn't any problems with your desk surface, a mousepad might be unnecessary, especially due to the fact that you're getting tons of aim assist anyways.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:29 AM - 05/15/18 »
However, if your mouse sensor hasn't any problems with your desk surface, a mousepad might be unnecessary, especially due to the fact that you're getting tons of aim assist anyways.
I agree for desktop productivity where fine control isn't required, I use my Mac mouse without a pad. However for gaming, a pad offers too many benefits to overlook.

Offline lmulli

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:07 AM - 05/15/18 »
Roccat Taito Control or Coolermaster Swift-RX.  Both cloth and work well with 12k.

Offline slickrick

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10:44 AM - 05/15/18 »
I think it matters . lol   the size of the pad and type of pad is determined by the DPI of mouse and whether your a wrist aimer or aim with your arm.

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11:50 AM - 05/15/18 »
Yes you will want to buy a gaming mouse pad, it will be far better than a t-shirt. As for what kind of gaming mouse pad to get itís tough to say because it will really depend on your personal preferences. Personally I prefer hard mouse pads (I use the Corsair mm600 aluminum pad) So what you could do is buy a cloth pad like the Logitech g640, QCK, or a zowie g-sr and then try it out, if itís too slow return it and buy the Corsair mm600. (You donít have to get the mm600 itís just what I recommend)
« Last Edit: 12:32 PM - 05/15/18 by MercyOneTrick »