XIM Community

Lightest mouse  (Read 1914 times)

Offline sncjez

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: sncjez
Re: Lightest mouse
« Reply #15 on: 02:13 PM - 05/15/18 »
FM ultralight pro.... paracord cable mod and DM1 software flash for those to go further  8)

Offline GitGud

• MVP
  • THE PUBG GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08:20 PM - 05/15/18 »
Lighter mouse will be always better.

It's been the biggest adjustment so far. I've gone from a G502 to a much ligher G403 seamlessly, and from a Rival 600 to a Kone Aimo back and forth without a sens adjustment or any sort of adjustment period. But going down to 67 grams is quite the change of pace lol

Wow, yeah... the struggle will be worth it. ;)

Allan McGregor,

Hi mate,

Thanks for the info on Ventus R, looks promising. One thing I would like to ask you is the weight.  You mentioned the weight of 72 grams where the manufacturer says 98 grams, therefore, my question is, do you happen to have one which you managed to weight?

All the best,

Lukasz

Is lighter than the specs on the web page. Out-of-the box the mouse is about 74 grs. Mine is lighter because I change the cable for a G203 cable (light and flexible). Some fellas on OC.net get it down to 65 grs.

If you want to know more about this mouse I strongly recommend to check this thread at Overclock.net, they are very exigent mouse enthusiast and find themselves very pleased with it. Also there is an unbiased review.

I know that I keep recommending this ugly little mouse but... I'm not being pay by Tt, I never imagine that I will find such a great device with this quality and features over that brand full of ugly fancy laser mice. There is only a few reviews, kind of obscure underrated mouse.

Is not perfect: cable is awful stiff, software could be better, side buttons are bit stiff to press to avoid accidental activation, lack of side buttons on the right for left handed.

But its strengths overcome its flaws: Lightweight, intuitive shape, fully programmable (onboard memory, rapid-firing macro capable and 5 profiles), great optical sensor, functional mouse wheel and very low input lag and click latency at an affordable prize.

I still can't believe that a company would advertise their mouse to be 20g+ heavier than it actually is? That's a bit weird lol
My Current Setup + CouchMaster Review | PUBG Config | XIM Apex | Xbox One X |
SteelSeries Rival 600 | SteelSeries Dex | SteelSeries Apex M500 | SteelSeries Siberia 800 | Turtle Beach Stream Mic | 27' iiyama G-Master | CouchMaster Cycon

Offline Dave R

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09:23 PM - 05/15/18 »
the lightest stock mouse that is for large hands is the finalmouse ultralight pro, which is 67 grams.

mine is arriving today. they are hard to get and the customer service of the company is lacking but if you want a very light mouse that isn't small, it's the main thing out there.
does your mouse poll at 1000hz ?
One X
Apex
VG248QE
AD700
DSS2
G402 (metal skates)
Tartarus Chroma
Titan One
past xim 1,3,4

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09:29 PM - 05/15/18 »
I still can't believe that a company would advertise their mouse to be 20g+ heavier than it actually is? That's a bit weird lol
I just weighed the Ventus R. It is 98 grams, not 74.

Offline Dave R

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09:37 PM - 05/15/18 »
FM must be doing something right all pro's out of stock  https://shop.finalmouse.com/products/ultralight-pro-white?variant=5417651535908  :(
One X
Apex
VG248QE
AD700
DSS2
G402 (metal skates)
Tartarus Chroma
Titan One
past xim 1,3,4

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09:50 PM - 05/15/18 »
FM must be doing something right all pro's out of stock  https://shop.finalmouse.com/products/ultralight-pro-white?variant=5417651535908  :(
Black is still in stock.

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie
« Reply #21 on: 11:09 PM - 05/15/18 »
the lightest stock mouse that is for large hands is the finalmouse ultralight pro, which is 67 grams.

mine is arriving today. they are hard to get and the customer service of the company is lacking but if you want a very light mouse that isn't small, it's the main thing out there.
does your mouse poll at 1000hz ?

I could care less. That's the honest answer. I have zero interest in flashing it to run at 1K polling as I was happily running my 1K capable mice at 500hz with the Xim before the FM came around. But I have read of no horror stories over at overclock.net of anyone who did flash the mouse.

Offline mjfame

• "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)
« Reply #22 on: 06:35 AM - 05/17/18 »
Thanks fellas,great reply's ,helps a lot, the g402 feels like a paper weight,just to heavy for lift swipe movements,feels off

owned a G402 for a few days and exchanged for the G Pro which fixed everything for me.
XIM APEX // BETA : 20180402
Logitech G Pro // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT) // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD)

"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1 | 2017.07.27 (10k)

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Offline Lukasz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: boloMALAN
« Reply #23 on: 08:46 AM - 05/17/18 »
Me being me, just got one  8) and, I can actually confirm weight being about 72 grams

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 08:48 AM - 05/17/18 »
Me being me, just got one  8) and, I can actually confirm weight being about 72 grams
I weighed the Ventus R using digital scales and it came in at the advertised 98g. I wonder if there are regional differences? Surely not... Did you include the cable?

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie
« Reply #25 on: 09:42 AM - 05/17/18 »
I weighed the Ventus R using digital scales and it came in at the advertised 98g. I wonder if there are regional differences? Surely not... Did you include the cable?

Did you include the cables?  :)

Offline Lukasz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: boloMALAN
« Reply #26 on: 09:57 AM - 05/17/18 »

Did you include the cables?  :)
Hey Lads,

I too did it on a digital scale at work but, I only included a tiny bit of cable. I am not sure why would I weight the full length of the cable. Did you include the whole cable?

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12:24 PM - 05/17/18 »
I suppose on the web page said 98grs with the entire cable folded and weighted with the mouse, for a total weight not practical use weight. We don't play with the cable folded and unplugged right? ;).

As I mention at the forum, several users weighted the mouse and is around 72 to 75 grams

75 grs on this review this review
Quote from: vanir1337 Ventus R Review OC.net
The build quality is pretty much perfect, I honestly didn't expect that. No creaks on the shell, even when pressing/gripping it really hard. Nothing rattled when I shook it vigorously. Everything's in place.

Weight wise it's really really good, weighing only 75 grams, and it seems balanced.

XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12:43 PM - 05/17/18 »
G-Pro without the back panel is below 70g with paracord, also and may be better than finalmouse sensorwise or the computing around it. Works great for claw/finger grippers. The Ultralight is a big mouse.

RookCheck: Relax, no one is attacking you personally.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 01:23 PM - 05/17/18 »
And here is the mod for 65grs, he just remove a redundant piece of plastic inside, nothing radical. Mouse still has its hump, make it comfortable.

XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL