XIM Community

Lightest mouse  (Read 1921 times)

Offline Dave R

• MVP
    • View Profile
Lightest mouse
« on: 09:36 AM - 05/14/18 »
What the lightest mouse with two side buttons and decent sensor?
One X
Apex
VG248QE
AD700
DSS2
G402 (metal skates)
Tartarus Chroma
Titan One
past xim 1,3,4

Offline Duke3d

• View Profile
Re: Lightest mouse
« Reply #1 on: 09:41 AM - 05/14/18 »
G9x no-shell.

They're discontinued but there is a reason they're still popular :)
sudo apt-get install GoldenPistol

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie
« Reply #2 on: 10:22 AM - 05/14/18 »
the lightest stock mouse that is for large hands is the finalmouse ultralight pro, which is 67 grams.

mine is arriving today. they are hard to get and the customer service of the company is lacking but if you want a very light mouse that isn't small, it's the main thing out there.

Offline GitGud

• MVP
  • THE PUBG GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:32 AM - 05/14/18 »
What the lightest mouse with two side buttons and decent sensor?

Wouldn't that be Ultralight Pro? Got 2 side buttons and a 3360 sensor @ 67 grams.
Only other one I can think of is Rival 310. Got 2 side buttons, custom 3360 @ 88 grams.
I heard the Zowie FK series are fairly light too.
My Current Setup + CouchMaster Review | PUBG Config | XIM Apex | Xbox One X |
SteelSeries Rival 600 | SteelSeries Dex | SteelSeries Apex M500 | SteelSeries Siberia 800 | Turtle Beach Stream Mic | 27' iiyama G-Master | CouchMaster Cycon

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:54 AM - 05/14/18 »
wow just got my ultralight pro.

HOLY CRAP IT"S LIGHT! I've been using a Rival 600 which I love at 96 grams and the 30 gram difference is huge in real life. Gonna game with it soon and see if I have to lowe rmy sensitivity.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:13 AM - 05/14/18 »
Ventus R 72 grams, two side buttons 7 fully programmable with macro support (for rapid firing) on-board memory. 5 profiles. Lowest input latency and 3310 sensor.
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:04 PM - 05/14/18 »
Honeycomb shell mice - Thermaltake and Finalmouse offers models with this shell design.

I picked up a Thermaltake Ventus R on alan's recommendation last week but haven't used it yet. The specs look fantastic, but it's pretty short on usable buttons for long-suffering lefties. Righties will be fine.

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:40 PM - 05/14/18 »
Honeycomb shell mice - Thermaltake and Finalmouse offers models with this shell design.

I picked up a Thermaltake Ventus R on alan's recommendation last week but haven't used it yet. The specs look fantastic, but it's pretty short on usable buttons for long-suffering lefties. Righties will be fine.

I had to lower my sens today to use the finalmouse until I get used to it. Not a lot but I definitely had to adjust it. It's a very interesting product now that I have it in hand finally. I've only gamed an hour on it and I can't tell yet if I love it, if it's a gamechanger or if I want to use my Rival 600 instead. Many hours of gaming to go before I know but it's definitely different, which is saying something.
« Last Edit: 04:46 PM - 05/14/18 by PixelSquish »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:56 PM - 05/14/18 »
Dr Lupo's using the Ultralight Pro, he seems to do alright :)

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:33 PM - 05/14/18 »
Lighter mouse will be always better.
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL

Offline Dave R

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06:12 PM - 05/14/18 »
Thanks fellas,great reply's ,helps a lot, the g402 feels like a paper weight,just to heavy for lift swipe movements,feels off
One X
Apex
VG248QE
AD700
DSS2
G402 (metal skates)
Tartarus Chroma
Titan One
past xim 1,3,4

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10:55 PM - 05/14/18 »

It's been the biggest adjustment so far. I've gone from a G502 to a much ligher G403 seamlessly, and from a Rival 600 to a Kone Aimo back and forth without a sens adjustment or any sort of adjustment period. But going down to 67 grams is quite the change of pace lol

Offline Lukasz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: boloMALAN
« Reply #12 on: 05:15 AM - 05/15/18 »
Allan McGregor,

Hi mate,

Thanks for the info on Ventus R, looks promising. One thing I would like to ask you is the weight.  You mentioned the weight of 72 grams where the manufacturer says 98 grams, therefore, my question is, do you happen to have one which you managed to weight?

All the best,

Lukasz

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12:09 PM - 05/15/18 »

It's been the biggest adjustment so far. I've gone from a G502 to a much ligher G403 seamlessly, and from a Rival 600 to a Kone Aimo back and forth without a sens adjustment or any sort of adjustment period. But going down to 67 grams is quite the change of pace lol

Wow, yeah... the struggle will be worth it. ;)

Allan McGregor,

Hi mate,

Thanks for the info on Ventus R, looks promising. One thing I would like to ask you is the weight.  You mentioned the weight of 72 grams where the manufacturer says 98 grams, therefore, my question is, do you happen to have one which you managed to weight?

All the best,

Lukasz

Is lighter than the specs on the web page. Out-of-the box the mouse is about 74 grs. Mine is lighter because I change the cable for a G203 cable (light and flexible). Some fellas on OC.net get it down to 65 grs.

If you want to know more about this mouse I strongly recommend to check this thread at Overclock.net, they are very exigent mouse enthusiast and find themselves very pleased with it. Also there is an unbiased review.

I know that I keep recommending this ugly little mouse but... I'm not being pay by Tt, I never imagine that I will find such a great device with this quality and features over that brand full of ugly fancy laser mice. There is only a few reviews, kind of obscure underrated mouse.

Is not perfect: cable is awful stiff, software could be better, side buttons are bit stiff to press to avoid accidental activation, lack of side buttons on the right for left handed.

But its strengths overcome its flaws: Lightweight, intuitive shape, fully programmable (onboard memory, rapid-firing macro capable and 5 profiles), great optical sensor, functional mouse wheel and very low input lag and click latency at an affordable prize.
« Last Edit: 03:35 PM - 05/15/18 by alanmcgregor »
XIM APEX + Titan Two

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01:18 PM - 05/15/18 »
You were right. It just took a few hours to adjust. Back to my normal sens, kicking @#$% and the weight is just sublime. Picking up and flicking this mouse is insane. I was expecting half-assed build quality but it's quite nice. I wish the back/forward buttons were a touch further back on the mouse but my thumb will adjust, it's not that bad.

Yeah, lighter is better.