XIM Community

Looking for a new mouse  (Read 652 times)

Offline Kuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Zergsy (Smurf Account)
Looking for a new mouse
« on: 02:00 AM - 05/14/18 »
As the title says, Iím looking for a new mouse, preferably something big as my hand size is roughly 19-20 CM and smaller mice are extremely hard to grip properly as Iím a palm gripper.

I currently use the G502 and love the feel of it, but Iíve been wanting to branch out and try some new things. So far Iíve looked at the G Pro and a few others such as Final Mouse, but I want to hear everyoneís opinions before I settle on one  :D
| Logitech G Pro | G213 Prodigy | ROG Sheath | ROG PG258Q 240Hz | 1000Hz | 12k DPI

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
Re: Looking for a new mouse
« Reply #1 on: 05:19 AM - 05/14/18 »
Logitech G903 itís the best of both worlds. It has equal performance to any top wired mouse, but itís wireless. Itís the best gaming mouse you can buy. Only downside is that itís pretty expensive ($100+) but I think itís worth it

Offline GitGud

• MVP
  • THE PUBG GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:24 AM - 05/14/18 »
Rival 600 is great for large hands. Mines 19cm. Has one of the best sensors out there Trumove 3 which is a custom 3360 and works amazing with the XIM if not better than Logitech's mice (feedback from people who went from Logitech to SteelSeries). Nice little bonus is that it has working macros with the XIM.
My Current Setup + CouchMaster Review | PUBG Config | XIM Apex | Xbox One X |
SteelSeries Rival 600 | SteelSeries Dex | SteelSeries Apex M500 | SteelSeries Siberia 800 | Turtle Beach Stream Mic | 27' iiyama G-Master | CouchMaster Cycon

Offline Godsplan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:36 AM - 05/14/18 »
Truthfully stay away from wireless keyboard or mouse  for now, wait till next year at least , one mouse that I would personally recommend is the Logitech g pro
It has 6 buttons, 12.000dpi, 1000hz
And nice rgb lighting.
Best of luck

Offline Bertuzzi1616

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:40 AM - 05/14/18 »
Truthfully stay away from wireless keyboard or mouse  for now, wait till next year at least , one mouse that I would personally recommend is the Logitech g pro
It has 6 buttons, 12.000dpi, 1000hz
And nice rgb lighting.
Best of luck
Love the g pro as well. Wouldn't recommend it to a palm gripper looking for a big mouse.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #5 on: 10:58 AM - 05/14/18 »
Truthfully stay away from wireless ... mouse  for now
Logitech G900 is wireless and works perfectly with the XIM.
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, fnatic Boost Speed, Audio Technica ATH AD700, Soundblaster X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:24 PM - 05/14/18 »
Yup and so does the G903, that dude has no idea what heís talking about. G903/G900 are also used by top esports professionals in highly competitive fast paced FPS games such as Overwatch. Like Iím sorry but if there was really any difference between G900/G903 and wired mice they would not be using it. Wireless gaming mice have come a long way and the G900/G903 have completely bridged the gap between wirelesss and wired mice
« Last Edit: 02:43 PM - 05/14/18 by MercyOneTrick »

Offline Kuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Zergsy (Smurf Account)
« Reply #7 on: 08:10 PM - 05/14/18 »
Thanks for all the replies everyone.

I think Iíll settle on either a G900 or Rival 600, I like both shapes and have narrowed it down to those two.

Iíll be sure to take in more suggestions if anyone else has them.

Thanks again!
| Logitech G Pro | G213 Prodigy | ROG Sheath | ROG PG258Q 240Hz | 1000Hz | 12k DPI

Offline Godsplan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:31 PM - 05/14/18 »
Yup and so does the G903, that dude has no idea what heís talking about. G903/G900 are also used by top esports professionals in highly competitive fast paced FPS games such as Overwatch. Like Iím sorry but if there was really any difference between G900/G903 and wired mice they would not be using it. Wireless gaming mice have come a long way and the G900/G903 have completely bridged the gap between wirelesss and wired mice

First of all genius, those esports players are paid to use them and sometimes force by their sponsors to do so, so using them as a way to show how good a product is, is really terrible and also I told him to stay away cause they're not all that.
The Logitech g903 and g900 and g703 are pretty much the same mice with the same @#$% technology and also the Logitech pro also use the same sensor and has the same dpi.

so why would I recommend a product that cost over $100 to someone when they can get the same product/experience  for $20 to $40 dollars.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #9 on: 02:55 AM - 05/15/18 »

First of all genius, those esports players are paid to use them and sometimes force by their sponsors to do so, so using them as a way to show how good a product is, is really terrible and also I told him to stay away cause they're not all that.
The Logitech g903 and g900 and g703 are pretty much the same mice with the same @#$% technology and also the Logitech pro also use the same sensor and has the same dpi.

so why would I recommend a product that cost over $100 to someone when they can get the same product/experience  for $20 to $40 dollars.
Hmm. Interesting.

I'm not going to debate your "@#$% technology" opinion with you, but I can tell you that many posters on this forum use a Logitech (or SteelSeries) mouse with a variation of the Pixart PMW3360 sensor and find that it works very well with the XIM.
I can personally vouch for the G900's performance with both the Apex and the 4, as I have one. I no longer use it, but only because I prefer the buttons and extended configurability of my Swiftpoint Z (which also has a 3360 derivative under the hood).
IMO, modern Logitech mice, both wired and wireless, provide a really solid and enjoyable experience with the XIM.
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, fnatic Boost Speed, Audio Technica ATH AD700, Soundblaster X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline mjfame

• "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)
« Reply #10 on: 04:19 AM - 05/15/18 »
As the title says, Iím looking for a new mouse, preferably something big as my hand size is roughly 19-20 CM and smaller mice are extremely hard to grip properly as Iím a palm gripper.

I currently use the G502 and love the feel of it, but Iíve been wanting to branch out and try some new things. So far Iíve looked at the G Pro and a few others such as Final Mouse, but I want to hear everyoneís opinions before I settle on one  :D

G PRO all the way. you will be happy meaning that you most likely won't be shopping around for other mice once you use it. worked for me anyway. 
XIM APEX // BETA : 20180402
Logitech G Pro // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT) // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD)

"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1 | 2017.07.27 (10k)

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Offline synflood

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05:44 AM - 05/15/18 »
G Pro uses the same sensor as the G502 but has only 6 programmable buttons instead of the superior G502 with 11. The G502 is a top tier mouse by most peoples' opinion. Set your DPI to 3200-4200 DPI and go have fun. You really can't find a better mouse if you can deal with it's weight. I personally have carpal tunnel and ulnar nerve damage so I can't play for too long without getting pain. G pro may be better for me but I can't give up 5 buttons for a little less weight.

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12:08 PM - 05/15/18 »

What a joke, calls three top rated and universally praised (even on the XIM forums) gaming mice ďs***Ē and has never even used said mice before. Haha donít make me laugh 😂. Next time maybe try actually researching before you post BS about a topic in which you have absolutely zero knowledge about. G900/G903 are just as good as any wired gaming mouse, get out of here with your BS claims.

And you really donít understand why the G900/G903 are so expensive? Because they have the exact same performance as any top wired mouse (like g pro) but theyíre wireless, thatís why. If you donít care at all about wireless then yeah obviously you wouldnít buy a g903/g900, and instead get a g pro or g403. Donít just call something s*** just because itís expensive, itís expensive for a reason, and that reason is it has a premium feature not available on any other mice.

Also youíre wrong about the players being paid/forced to use g900/g903 because they donít all use the same mice/keyboards. Theyíre all free to use whatever mouse/keyboard/mousepad they want. For example: one player named OGE uses a g903 and a razer blackwidow keyboard, another player on the same team named chipshajen uses a zowie fk1 and a SteelSeries 7g keyboard, yeah sorry but once again just another one of your BS claims
« Last Edit: 04:15 PM - 05/15/18 by MercyOneTrick »

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie
« Reply #13 on: 12:49 PM - 05/15/18 »
Thanks for all the replies everyone.

I think Iíll settle on either a G900 or Rival 600, I like both shapes and have narrowed it down to those two.

Iíll be sure to take in more suggestions if anyone else has them.

Thanks again!

Good call on the Rival 600. I have tried a lot of mice and always go back to it. That is until I just got my FinalMouse Ultralight Pro. It's going to be my go to for a few days while I see if a 67 gram mouse is truly where it's at. But the 600, what a mouse.

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01:19 PM - 05/15/18 »
either a G900 or Rival 600
How to narrow it down further (if you havenít already done so) If you want wireless get the G903/G900, If you donít care about wireless get the rival 600