XIM Community

Confirmation for "GT MAX"  (Read 12181 times)

Offline Clint

• View Profile
Re: Confirmation for "GT MAX"
« Reply #30 on: 05:29 AM - 11/17/10 »
Just got my gt max, works 100%.

This is the one i bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Controller-Converter-Adapter-Cable-PS2-Xbox-360-/170526535404?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item27b42c6eec

Im from Europa (Slovenia). It took 14 days to get here and cost 15€. Best 15€ iv ever spend.

Offline bucklong

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12:52 PM - 11/17/10 »
Yes, their is some type of custom app. to make the task of changing ones configuration settings easier. My Xim is a  Maximus All in One. It came with an instsllation CD. I thought the Configurator was the custom app. that made it easier to create or modify keyboard and mouse configurations. It's more formated than a simple text file. For example, it has controller button labels, stick and trigger labels, all with dropdown menus of key and mouse bindings.

For some reason this "app." im talking about that creates the "notepad" file your talking about, is getting deleted or corrupted somehow. The Xim "Configurator" dosn't showup in the xim directory any more.
"What Gives" ?

Offline Sgt_Coolio

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 12:44 AM - 11/21/10 »
GT MAX is confirmed. It giving me 62/63 update. I am soo happy that this thing works. When I got the itrimmer I though I was good, but "negativo amigo" I was soo furious. It sets up just like the yobo, and you just activate the XIM software and voilá.  Maybe an up+backspace from time to time to get you going, but this thing is fire and forget.  But after the release of CoD:BO, I knew that something good had to happened. Soo, no more getting slaughtered by little kids, M&K is back on my hands, and no more thumb fighting for me.

Offline solidfood

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 03:43 PM - 11/23/10 »
Even though the ps2 to xbox converter works great, it is probably made of cheap material.

What are the chances of using a cheap usb product that it can damage the ps3 usb ports?

I have read people breaking their ps3 usb ports by using faulty usb products.

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #34 on: 03:47 PM - 11/23/10 »
???? No idea what you're talking about.  GT Max works flawlessly and has for quite a lot of in-game time.

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline beung

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 06:28 PM - 11/26/10 »
For you fellow Canadians, because Amazon.com does not deliver to Canada and the product in this post does not exist on the amacon.ca site.  

I can confirm that http://www.amazon.ca/GTMax-Controller-Converter-Playstation-Microsoft/dp/B00452D50G/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1290817458&sr=8-5-spell does work.  It's probably the exact same thing from the .com site but in the picture it had a "360" in white writing on the .ca site.

I want to see if an XBOX controller works on it then I can use it with XIM3 if it still supports it when XIM3 gets released.

Offline beung

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 04:52 PM - 11/27/10 »
I can now also confirm that the GT Max works with an XBOX 360 controller.  I can plug in the XBOX controller into the GT Max and I can play Black Ops without any issue, the PS button also works.  Only issue is that the ring around the XBOX button blinks.

Offline hangemhigh

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 08:15 AM - 02/01/11 »
I can now also confirm that the GT Max works with an XBOX 360 controller.  I can plug in the XBOX controller into the GT Max and I can play Black Ops without any issue, the PS button also works.  Only issue is that the ring around the XBOX button blinks.
Worked on my Phat PS3 also

Offline jphouminh

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 12:43 PM - 02/02/11 »
I bought the Itrimming after the 3.5 and it was working fine untill out of no where i get 0 updates(pre 3.56). im not too sure if its my toolstick or my computer drivers but i just ordered the gt max to make sure. Glad to hear that it's working, hopefully thats the only problem with my XIM at the moment.

Offline jphouminh

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 12:47 PM - 02/02/11 »
Quick Question: With the GT-max working for ps3 and xbox, can you use the gt-max as a converter like the Xconverter and use the XIM1 with your Xbox?

Offline splinter182

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Splinter281
  • PSN ID: Splinter_182
« Reply #40 on: 02:27 AM - 02/03/11 »
Quick Question: With the GT-max working for ps3 and xbox, can you use the gt-max as a converter like the Xconverter and use the XIM1 with your Xbox?

yes you can the GT Max does the following:
PS2 to Xbox
PS2 to PS3
Xbox to PS3
XIM3
PS Move Navi
Logitech G500
Astro A40 + Mixamp
GT MAX
Old:
Xim1, Yobo

Xim3 on ps3? you need this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042SB2I0/

Offline Gabbagod

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 10:56 AM - 02/05/11 »
Can someone please explain how the XIm3 would connect to this and then connect to the PS3? I cannot see any input slots on the adapter.

Offline nandox5

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 02:25 PM - 02/05/11 »
oh yea,

__________________
                                   KEYBOARD ------------->|

MOUSE------------------>|                 XIM 3

XBOX controller ------->|

PS3 <--GT MAX< --USB cable to XBOX <---|
                                                                       |__________________

Remember to put P3 or PS3 in the side switch.

The adapter has three cables, TWO USB (female and male) and ps2 cable male
You connect the "usb cable to xbox" to the female usb and then connect ur male usb to ps3.
« Last Edit: 02:30 PM - 02/05/11 by nandox5 »

Offline Gabbagod

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 03:02 PM - 02/05/11 »
Ah sweet thanks m8

Not one image ive seen has shown ANY female ports on the unit so I couldnt see how you could connect to it.

Offline nandox5

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 04:07 PM - 02/05/11 »

yup, its there.. in the image above, it would be the second cable..

Admin