XIM Community

Tutorial - How To Increase & Decrease Aim Assist  (Read 17663 times)

Offline sbfx

• View Profile
Re: Tutorial - How To Increase & Decrease Aim Assist
« Reply #30 on: 10:36 PM - 05/17/18 »
Is there any consensus for 500 Hz polling rate vs. 1000 in Fortnite? I've been running 3200 DPI based on this video's recommendations and been doing a bit better than when I used to run 12k DPI.

i will upload a polling rate tutorial next, here is the short version of it

go on this website and test if your mouse can do steady 1000hz by drawing very fast circles
if it doesnt then go 500hz for both the xim and the mouse

https://zowie.benq.com/en-eu/support/mouse-rate-checker.html

I'm running consistently at 960-980 Hz. Is this okay? Or should I drop down to 500 Hz?

Also, when lowering DPI and thus increasing aim assist, do you recommend adding a curve, such as RML's anti aim assist curve?

Offline lmulli

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12:06 AM - 05/18/18 »
I'm running consistently at 960-980 Hz. Is this okay? Or should I drop down to 500 Hz?

Also, when lowering DPI and thus increasing aim assist, do you recommend adding a curve, such as RML's anti aim assist curve?

Thats what my pretty much all my devices seem to register using the Zowie website, and the mouserate.exe, however, using the Direct Input Mouse Rate application, they all hit over the 1Khz mark consistently.

I'm using my mouse at 500hz in any case on the basis that when it's set to 1Khz, and using the test methods above, unless I am moving my mouse about like a crazy fool, it generally gets nowhere near the 1Khz mark, and when playing games, I don't generally move my mouse in such a manner, so figured it a better option.

Offline sbfx

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08:35 AM - 05/18/18 »

Thats what my pretty much all my devices seem to register using the Zowie website, and the mouserate.exe, however, using the Direct Input Mouse Rate application, they all hit over the 1Khz mark consistently.

I'm using my mouse at 500hz in any case on the basis that when it's set to 1Khz, and using the test methods above, unless I am moving my mouse about like a crazy fool, it generally gets nowhere near the 1Khz mark, and when playing games, I don't generally move my mouse in such a manner, so figured it a better option.

Awesome explanation, makes perfect sense. I will most likely be using 500 Hz from now on - both mouse configuration and XIM manager. I suppose it also feels more comfortable too.

When I move my mouse around slowly, I am getting 600-800 Hz. It takes a lot of fast movements to get up to 960-990. I am a wrist aimer and tend to move quickly, but micro movements are definitely an exception.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10:19 AM - 05/18/18 »
those polling rate tests arent all that accurate but they show a rough result of what the mouse is capable of
most mice arent designed to hit constant 1000hz so usually 500hz is a more reliable polling rate

as for the RML ballistic curve, no i wouldnt use it for now
give it a few games first before you add a curve for your new dpi level, the reason is that curves have a much larger impact on your muscle memory and mouse precision than changing the dpi for a small aim assist adjustment
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline SourWax702

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SourWax702
« Reply #34 on: 09:33 PM - 06/17/18 »
 i have a Perixx MX‑2000 IIB mouse what would be the best polling and dpi for PubG ?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 07:40 AM - 06/18/18 »
i have a Perixx MX‑2000 IIB mouse what would be the best polling and dpi for PubG ?

DPI probably 3000-4000 and in terms of polling rate you have to test it by your own as every mouse is different
here you can find a tutorial on how to find your best mouse polling rate:

http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=66646.0;topicseen
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline Djurik

• ”°º×Extreme_Gamerz׺°”
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 02:55 AM - 03/03/20 »
Hi using PC with 200-400 DPI with Xim Apex, will that have an impact to AA? Do i need to increase it to 3200 or with 200-400 it should works normally?
(\__/)   ╔═.♥.═════════════════════╗
(>’.’<)    Ⓢⓒⓡⓐⓣⓒⓗ ⓘⓢ ⓐⓦⓔⓢⓞⓜⓔ
(“)_(”)  ╚═════════════════════.♥.═╝

- My Apex Legends XIM setting for PC (closest feel)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 10:15 AM - 03/03/20 »
Your mouse dpi will noticeably increase the aim assist, but i would strongy recommend you to use at least 800 dpi or more to prevent heavy mouse stutter during micro movements. For optimal mouse movements you should use at least 3000 dpi, the XIM doesnt work like a PC where you are fine to run low dpi values.
More about the optimal dpi value + aim assist here https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=65749.0

Offline Djurik

• ”°º×Extreme_Gamerz׺°”
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 08:08 PM - 03/03/20 »
Hi. Had tried that yesterday with 3200 DPI, think AA was better, but few thing didnt like - one is i think my mistake, added too much SAB, so was restricted on movement, another one is a odd thing happened to my controls (let me know if i need to create a separate topic for this):

1 - I bounded looting setup to my E button with 700ms activation delay (no toggle). After holding E - mouse movements start to move double as fast, after 700ms pass - it works as intended. I already unbind E and tested - this thing doesnt happened, how to find why this happening? My E bounded in HIP for reload and Pick up only, nothing else

2. After increasing DPI - i cant use selector wheel properly for Ping and Health Items with a mouse, the selector only capture if drag the mouse into the item direction for quite awhile, but with 200 DPI it was smooth rotating. Tried change Aim and Boost till very low, still same or not detecting movement at all. Sync common for all same.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 09:44 PM - 03/03/20 »
Hey,

for 1) This can be caused due to several things, go though them step by step:
- you picked ADS translator instead of HIP translator in the sub config (or vice versa)
- you have to adjust the delay value as the game you play has no delay during that transition
- your sub config xim sensitivity is too high

for 2) You can solve this by using the turn assist feature or use another sub config for healing items and other interactions

Offline Djurik

• ”°º×Extreme_Gamerz׺°”
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 08:41 PM - 03/07/20 »
1. Game is Apex Legends, there is 600ms delay for open looting boxes. Found where the problem is. I had set for this item higher aim sensitivity, so that can move cursor faster in menu, but once i press the button this sensitivity immediately takes place even with smooth aim transition and 600ms delay. Shouldn't it wait these 600ms or is this something to look on for the thext FW update?

2. Still cant get it right. Tried set up from scratch on another settings page, translator same, turn assist same button activation, still same. If anyone have similar set up whats your settings for this then? DPI 3200.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 08:44 PM - 03/07/20 »
What if you untick smooth aim transition? Then it will take place at 600 milliseconds without a ramp up time.

Offline Djurik

• ”°º×Extreme_Gamerz׺°”
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 10:41 PM - 03/07/20 »
I need that 600ms delay, but unfortunately if doesnt apply to sensitivity with/without smooth transition, only other bindings will be activated after 600ms, but sensitivity immediately. But is ok, i solve it by setting the same sensitivity with hip and increase sensitivity for menus in controller settings, other sub menus adjusted for this also.

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 01:36 PM - 04/02/20 »
Hi using PC with 200-400 DPI with Xim Apex, will that have an impact to AA? Do i need to increase it to 3200 or with 200-400 it should works normally?

As above, those values are too low for Xim, it won't perform well. 800 DPI for me works really well if I use it with 1000hz polling and plenty of smoothing (15 smoothing works well for me on BO4). I basically run the MJFame config but with no curve and the sensitivity lowered a little. With that setup 10-20 smoothing is recommended, how much depends on stutter and also how much aim assist you like. More smoothing = stronger aim assist.