XIM Community

Tutorial - How To Increase & Decrease Aim Assist  (Read 4704 times)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Tutorial - How To Increase & Decrease Aim Assist
« on: 11:18 AM - 05/12/18 »
here is a video with a quick summary of what aim assist is and how you can increase or decrease its effect
this can be very helpfull in games that dont have any aim assist control option in the game settings itself

Link to previous tutorials:

Best XIM Mouse DPI Settings: http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=65749.0
How To Find Your Perfect Mouse Sensitivity: http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60845.0
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline HGEC BUTCHR

• Xim for the Win
    • View Profile
Re: Tutorial - How To Increase & Decrease Aim Assist
« Reply #1 on: 05:52 PM - 05/12/18 »
Hello Odin
Do I understand this in the right manner?
To have a good AA my sampling rate should be 500Hz (with my mouse and the Xim)
And the sync on common and DPI on 4000.
That's exactly how I play:
Razer Basilisk 500Hz 4000Dpi
Xim Apex 500Hz
Sync Common
Hip: 16 / Ads: 13
COD WW2
Are the good conditions that the AA works well?
XB1X / Xim Apex 500Hz / Razer Basilisk 3200Dpi 500Hz / Razer Orbweaver Chroma / Razer Goliathus Speed / Astro A50 3.Gen / Eizo 24Zoll Monitor /

Offline HGEC BUTCHR

• Xim for the Win
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:03 PM - 05/12/18 »
Or should my settings that I had before the video stay?
The goods:
Razer Basilisk 16000Dpi 1000Hz
Xim Apex 1000Hz
Hip: 4 / Ads: 3.25
COD WW2
XB1X / Xim Apex 500Hz / Razer Basilisk 3200Dpi 500Hz / Razer Orbweaver Chroma / Razer Goliathus Speed / Astro A50 3.Gen / Eizo 24Zoll Monitor /

Offline Ziggy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:28 PM - 05/12/18 »
Thanks a lot for this one, been curious about these since day 1. I eventually figured out how to reduce as much aim assist as possible and this matches that perfectly, so I really appreciate the video.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:31 PM - 05/12/18 »
Hello Odin
Do I understand this in the right manner?
To have a good AA my sampling rate should be 500Hz (with my mouse and the Xim)
And the sync on common and DPI on 4000.
That's exactly how I play:
Razer Basilisk 500Hz 4000Dpi
Xim Apex 500Hz
Sync Common
Hip: 16 / Ads: 13
COD WW2
Are the good conditions that the AA works well?

these settings will give you more aim assist than the one you used previously with 16000 dpi
on top of that your mouse movements should also be much smoother and more precise with those new settings above
so overall it should be a really huge jump in terms of mouse movement quality and aim assist
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline elementcs13

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ScreaMXIII
« Reply #5 on: 08:46 PM - 05/12/18 »
What's your opinion on aim assist for fortnite? I'm currently using 12k dpi, and I do well with it, but I'm curious if more aim assist and lower dpi would make me deadlier in game.

I know fortnites AA is kinda weird with following targets and all that, what are your thoughts?

Offline HGEC BUTCHR

• Xim for the Win
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:00 AM - 05/13/18 »
Thanks Odin
Not only for this but for all your videos.
I will keep the new settings and I will try to find my perfect sensitivity and then practice only practice.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:18 AM - 05/13/18 »
What's your opinion on aim assist for fortnite? I'm currently using 12k dpi, and I do well with it, but I'm curious if more aim assist and lower dpi would make me deadlier in game.

I know fortnites AA is kinda weird with following targets and all that, what are your thoughts?
Fortnite has obscene amounts of AA and it can easily be manipulated via scripting using simple ADS spam. Not the smartest thing to do though as it'll show in observe mode, replays and streams. If you get reported there's a good chance you'll be hit with the banhammer, so don't do it, but it does demonstrate how much AA is in the game.

Even without scripting, AA is really strong at short to mid range, which is kinda the opposite of most games. If you play the long game and prefer to snipe, stick with high DPI. If you run and gun, go with low DPI and watch those bullets get sucked into the hitbox.

Offline Double J STL

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07:15 AM - 05/13/18 »

Fortnite has obscene amounts of AA and it can easily be manipulated via scripting using simple ADS spam. Not the smartest thing to do though as it'll show in observe mode, replays and streams. If you get reported there's a good chance you'll be hit with the banhammer, so don't do it, but it does demonstrate how much AA is in the game.

Even without scripting, AA is really strong at short to mid range, which is kinda the opposite of most games. If you play the long game and prefer to snipe, stick with high DPI. If you run and gun, go with low DPI and watch those bullets get sucked into the hitbox.

Has anyone actually been banned for ADS spam??? Any written literature from Epic or even a forum post proving so? Any written warning regarding using Titan 2 scripts as being prohibited? If so where does it stop? Is KBM "cheating" what about anti recoil or rapid fire (much harder to notice) is that "cheating?"

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04:04 PM - 05/13/18 »
Any macro that is repeatable, like rapidfire or antirecoil, is considered cheating according to the EULA of pretty much any game. One-shot macros for the most part are still considered cheating, but some games allow them, such as World of Warcraft. Go to the Fortnite forums and you'll find posts about macros.

If you want to wear the risk, go ahead and use them. I personally don't have an issue with RF or AR (there's no need for either in Fortnite), as there's an accessibility justification for macroability, but I am aware that using them is in breach of the game's EULA.

My point is, don't be surprised if Epic lays down the banhammer for AA abuse because it is easy to detect in observe mode or a game recording. This is noteworthy because any player can view any other player in their recording.

It's also a breach of Twitch's terms of service to use macros in a multiplayer game, so it's not a smart idea to use them while streaming. I assume YouTube, Facebook and Mixer have similar policies.
« Last Edit: 04:27 PM - 05/13/18 by antithesis »

Offline Qilc

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:56 PM - 05/13/18 »
Any tips for widowmaker in Overwatch? I feel with my current setup I get very little AA while playing widow maker. I do fairly well (~50% accuracy), but I was wondering if you can get a "lock on" experience with widow maker with some of the suggestions you mentioned? I'm on vacation atm, which is why I cannot experiment.

Offline said the sky

• 420-710-DABS
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ricko229
« Reply #11 on: 06:11 PM - 05/13/18 »
This is an awesome tutorial. Good work buddy! You and the rest of the XIM team is much appreciated.

Should we use the ballistic curve you provided to have even more AA? Is it a universal curve for most games would you say?

It was interesting learning about the keyboard vs nav control and how the nav gives more aim assist??
« Last Edit: 11:47 PM - 05/13/18 by thediscobiscuits »
Logitech G Pro @ 12000 DPI 1000 Hz
Zowie G-SR Mousepad
Zowie Camade Bungee
BenQ XL2411Z Monitor
Ducky One Tenkeyless Blue LED Cherry MX Red Keyboard

Offline lmulli

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02:48 AM - 05/14/18 »
Should we use the ballistic curve you provided to have even more AA? Is it a universal curve for most games would you say?

I tried the curve and it felt horrible to be fair.  Such slow mouse movements to start with and then a feeling of it being accelerated up to its normal speed, with plenty of jitter along the way. Not my cup of tea at all, however, it may work for others.

I don't think you can go far wrong with the default curve personally.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07:43 PM - 05/14/18 »
Any tips for widowmaker in Overwatch? I feel with my current setup I get very little AA while playing widow maker. I do fairly well (~50% accuracy), but I was wondering if you can get a "lock on" experience with widow maker with some of the suggestions you mentioned? I'm on vacation atm, which is why I cannot experiment.

go with 500hz, 3000-4000 dpi, sync commong and set the aim window size to 30
this should greatly help you with the aim assist, especially the window size makes a big difference

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07:45 PM - 05/14/18 »

I tried the curve and it felt horrible to be fair.  Such slow mouse movements to start with and then a feeling of it being accelerated up to its normal speed, with plenty of jitter along the way. Not my cup of tea at all, however, it may work for others.

I don't think you can go far wrong with the default curve personally.

the curve is just a guideline, means its outcome can be different across games
in some games the curve might work out of the box, in other games you have to customize its graph slightly to reduce its effect (move it in the first and last third closer to the linear default graph)