XIM Community

Fortnite Keyboard malfunction  (Read 241 times)

Offline 98mofo

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: RulingQuasar336
Fortnite Keyboard malfunction
« on: 02:18 AM - 05/12/18 »
Im having a problem with the configuration of the keyboard. The buttons I changed it to like, “Scroll up and down for change of weapons” is not the same. When i do it it makes the character crouch i stead. The controls are all messed up and scattered. Also, how would I edit buildings? Seems like i haveto use my controller to actually edit

Offline Mongoose87

• View Profile
Re: Fortnite Keyboard malfunction
« Reply #1 on: 07:21 AM - 05/12/18 »
The translator called just “Fortnite” is for the Save The World PvE mode. You need to use the one for the PvP Battle Royale mode. It’s called either “Fortnite: BR” or “Fortnite: Battle Royale” from memory. Also make sure your in game controller layout is either Combat Pro or Builder Pro. Editing a building should simply be hold down the button which you have assigned to enter build mode.

Offline 98mofo

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: RulingQuasar336
« Reply #2 on: 11:57 AM - 05/12/18 »
It is in Battle Royale mode. Yet, there is no configuration for the edit of building part. There is only a build mode but no edit configuraion in the keys. And the controls are still not identical to the way they are in the manager app.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:04 PM - 05/12/18 »
Be sure that you're using the correct in-game button layout for your game. You can find this here:

http://xim.tech/settings

Next, Manager can only list one action per button. Most buttons have multiple actions. Once you're using the correct game button layout then you will be able to use the in-game button layout screen or use trial and error to determine what other actions are available.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos