XIM Community

Fortnite Sensitivity+general sensitivity question  (Read 460 times)

Iconnics

Hey guys brand new here. Did a lot of lurking but my XIM finally came in so I needed some more specific questions answered now that Iíve gotten a day or two with it. Iíve been playing console for 10+ years and for some reason I got the kB+m itch and had to do it. I want to get better but man oh man am I awful. Iíll stop rambling now and get to the questions. Iím currently running the latest firmware with a g502 set at 12k dpi and 1000hz(seems the most smooth.) On the app Iím running 1000hz as well and Iím running a common sync due to me playing fortnite. Iím having a really hard time finding a sensitivity starting point because im so new to keyboard and mouse I can barely engage in gun fights ha. Iíve gotten a little better in 24hrs but itís still tough. Anyone else running 12k dpi at a 1000hz using a common sync? If so what sensitivity would you reccomend? Sorry for this being so long Iím just so new to all of this. Thanks for being an awesome forum! (Yes Iíve looked at the sensitivity tutorial but I Just was curious of what everyone else is running.)

Offline Deazly

• View Profile
Re: Fortnite Sensitivity+general sensitivity question
« Reply #1 on: 09:30 PM - 05/11/18 »
Finding your favorite setup takes some time. You have to experiment with one thing st a time.

Here are the variables;

Hz500/100
DPI 200-12000
Sync(off, common, default slow)
Xim sensitivity
Smoothing

For 12k DPI, here is a set up I used. Adjust as necessary. 500hz, 16 hip 6 ADS.

Set up hip to what you like per your mouse pad. I like my mousepad to be 270 degrees and ADS Moisepad to be 90 degrees.

Once you find what you like then try sync off for a game or two. Then default. Then common, then slow.  Off is less AA, common is more AS. Unsure about slow. I prefer daily. This will change your 270 degree sensitivity. To adjust that again.

You have to explore a baseline so you know what works for you and what doesn't.
Gameplay @ TWITCH and YouTubes

Iconnics

« Reply #2 on: 09:44 PM - 05/11/18 »
I appreciate the help man. My mouse pad is a hyper x fury pro. Itís a cloth pad but itís not too coarse. Iím just debating getting a smoother par for 12k dpi. My hands are a little shaky because Iím so new to the mouse. Thatíll all come with time. Iím trying sync off right now and I kind of like it.

Offline Deazly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:46 PM - 05/11/18 »
The more you experiment the more you know what works for you.

I currently like 3k DPI. Sync default for a medium AA, 500/500hz

Iconnics

« Reply #4 on: 05:34 AM - 05/12/18 »
Yeah Iíve played around a lot and I think Iím feeling good about a sensitivy somewhat now.

g502 at 12kdpi 1000hz
1000hz in XIM
7 hip no smoothing common sync
4.25 ads no smoothing common sync

Works great in fortnite.

Offline Deazly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:57 PM - 05/12/18 »
I've used that same setup you listed. Runs great.

Admin