XIM Community

Razer orbweaver chroma  (Read 438 times)

Offline Nunky

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Nunky
Razer orbweaver chroma
« on: 04:49 AM - 05/11/18 »
Hi Iím looking at getting the orbweaver to free up some desk space as I like a large mouse mat.

Just wondering if anyone has 1 and does everything work properly with the apex. Mainly the thumb stick and the thumb space bar. Iíve tried looking into it and I gather that it doesnít have onboard memory to save button configs to, so do all the buttons rigger itís the xim to be able to assign them in the manager. I only ask as I have had issues with mice like the Corsair m65 not being able to assign the sniper side button to another function.

Thanks in advance

Xbox one x
Roccat Kone aimo mouse
Roccat Sova keyboard
Asus vp28uq monitor

Offline MaliciousHiccup

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv
  • Gamertag: MaliciousHatr3d
  • PSN ID: gheystationblowz
Re: Razer orbweaver chroma
« Reply #1 on: 08:37 AM - 05/11/18 »
Hi Iím looking at getting the orbweaver to free up some desk space as I like a large mouse mat.

Just wondering if anyone has 1 and does everything work properly with the apex. Mainly the thumb stick and the thumb space bar. Iíve tried looking into it and I gather that it doesnít have onboard memory to save button configs to, so do all the buttons rigger itís the xim to be able to assign them in the manager. I only ask as I have had issues with mice like the Corsair m65 not being able to assign the sniper side button to another function.

Thanks in advance

Xbox one x
Roccat Kone aimo mouse
Roccat Sova keyboard
Asus vp28uq monitor
i use an orbweaver in combination with a g502. i like the orbweaver a lot. my only complaint is like you said with the no onboard memory but ill be buying a data cable soon and using xim link to fix that issue. also that thumbstick is actually an 8 way d-pad.
My Set Up:
XIM APEX
Logitech G502 Mouse
Razer Orbweaver Gamepad
Xbox One Elite Controller
32" Emerson LCD TV
Vuzix iWear Video Headphones

Offline tghlck

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ABabyInAWell
« Reply #2 on: 08:57 AM - 05/11/18 »
Mine works just fine,  yeah no on board memory.  I'm liking it a lot now, got a good map out for PUBG controls figured out for my preference.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:55 AM - 05/11/18 »
I have 3, one out-of-service (3 years daily use) my current and one as a back up, that's how I like the device.

Completely compatible with XIM APEX, it is detect as a regular keyboard. No onboard-memory but if you pair it with a Titan Two is like it has that feature and way better.

The d-pad stick is amazing for switching weapons without loosing movement (WASD keys) I think is the best way to use the orbweaver.

« Last Edit: 03:52 PM - 05/11/18 by alanmcgregor »
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL

Offline JamieDAgoat

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Jamie G AFC
« Reply #4 on: 02:17 PM - 05/11/18 »
I bought the orbweaver and razer naga v2 looks so awesome when lit up but Iím 100% selling mine... not because itís bad tho, I just canít train myself to use a keyboard.
I tried like 3 or 4 times and gave up... I now have a ps3 navy controller and all my key binds except jump (L2) are on my mouse lol
Itís a shame because I really wanted to use keyboard but itís so hard

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:54 PM - 05/11/18 »
You are missing a lot of potential right there. Shame.
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL

Offline Nunky

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Nunky
« Reply #6 on: 04:07 PM - 05/11/18 »
Thanks for your replies. Iíve ordered 1 from amazon today for next day delivery so Iíll try it out tomorrow. While checking on my order Iíve noticed itís gone down in price £22 since I ordered it. Contacted amazon canít do anything about it. I could refuse delivery and reorder but I hate waiting. So if anyone is thinks by about 1 itís cheaper now on amazon uk.

Offline MaliciousHiccup

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv
  • Gamertag: MaliciousHatr3d
  • PSN ID: gheystationblowz
« Reply #7 on: 04:15 PM - 05/11/18 »
Thanks for your replies. Iíve ordered 1 from amazon today for next day delivery so Iíll try it out tomorrow. While checking on my order Iíve noticed itís gone down in price £22 since I ordered it. Contacted amazon canít do anything about it. I could refuse delivery and reorder but I hate waiting. So if anyone is thinks by about 1 itís cheaper now on amazon uk.
i got mine used like new and for 30 bucks off i get everything but the stickers. im fine with it haha
My Set Up:
XIM APEX
Logitech G502 Mouse
Razer Orbweaver Gamepad
Xbox One Elite Controller
32" Emerson LCD TV
Vuzix iWear Video Headphones

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:17 PM - 05/11/18 »
Is about to get discontinued, shame. That's why I got two last time.
XIM APEX + Titan Two

Offline Dave R

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:26 PM - 05/15/18 »

Thanks in advance

Xbox one x
Roccat Kone aimo mouse
Roccat Sova keyboard
Asus vp28uq monitor
my chroma works flawless with apex
One X
Apex
VG248QE
AD700
DSS2
G402 (metal skates)