XIM Community

Is this a good mouse for xim apex?  (Read 2036 times)

Offline Axelstrife

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: nickskitz93
Re: Is this a good mouse for xim apex?
« Reply #1 on: 11:38 PM - 05/10/18 »
Anything with a PMW 3366 sensor is best.
So
Logitech G403
Logitech G502
Logitech G pro
Logitech G900/G903

I also have a Logitech G102/G203 (same mouse with different names) which has a Mercury sensor and feels identical to my G403 it's just a smaller mouse.

Logitech G402 is also a great choice.

Offline Helloeveryone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:06 AM - 05/11/18 »
Anything with a PMW 3366 sensor is best.
So
Logitech G403
Logitech G502
Logitech G pro
Logitech G900/G903

I also have a Logitech G102/G203 (same mouse with different names) which has a Mercury sensor and feels identical to my G403 it's just a smaller mouse.

Logitech G402 is also a great choice.

Iím getting the g502 soon but how does the sensor make the mouse any better with xim and is this mouse specifically good or bad?

Offline Axelstrife

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:26 AM - 05/11/18 »
Some sensors have smoothing over a certain dpi (Razer's 3389 sensor it's 1800 DPI and over for example) which causes it to feel like it's less responsive than mice with a 3366 sensor.
it's pretty noticeable especially if you test both mice right after one another.

Anything with a 3366 sensor is fine since it doesn't have the smoothing at any dpi.
you should checkout Logitech G203 it's mercury sensor doesn't have smoothing either and feels great, plus it's only $1 more on your amazon than the mouse you linked.

Offline Helloeveryone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:40 AM - 05/11/18 »
Some sensors have smoothing over a certain dpi (Razer's 3389 sensor it's 1800 DPI and over for example) which causes it to feel like it's less responsive than mice with a 3366 sensor.
it's pretty noticeable especially if you test both mice right after one another.

Anything with a 3366 sensor is fine since it doesn't have the smoothing at any dpi.
you should checkout Logitech G203 it's mercury sensor doesn't have smoothing either and feels great, plus it's only $1 more on your amazon than the mouse you linked.

The 1 I linked is the current one I use now and it feels @#$% sometimes feel slow with certain swipes feel very inconsistent I wonder if itís that mouse or if it me but Iím getting the g502 soon I donít need the g203

Offline Axelstrife

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:26 AM - 05/11/18 »

The 1 I linked is the current one I use now and it feels @#$% sometimes feel slow with certain swipes feel very inconsistent I wonder if itís that mouse or if it me but Iím getting the g502 soon I donít need the g203
You have to remember you wont get perfect look mechanic with xim on console since it's still limited by turn speed and the games look mechanic.
some games (COD, Battlefield and fornite) are great for xim apex.
The issue you described sounds like a games poor look mechanic or just limited by the games turn speed.

What game are you playing?

Offline GitGud

• MVP
  • THE PUBG GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:29 AM - 05/11/18 »
Product dimensions Length: 121mm Width: 81mm Height: 41mm Product weight: 155g

Look at that weight. You might as well use a brick! This mouse would be absolutely terrible for FPS games. I can only suggest 2 brands and they are SteelSeries and Logitech. Best mice for XIM imo.
My Current Setup + CouchMaster Review | PUBG Config | Warface Config | XIM Apex | Xbox One X |
SteelSeries Rival 600 | SteelSeries Dex | SteelSeries Apex M500 | SteelSeries Siberia 800 | Turtle Beach Stream Mic | 27' iiyama G-Master | CouchMaster Cycon

Offline Helloeveryone

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:05 AM - 05/11/18 »
Product dimensions Length: 121mm Width: 81mm Height: 41mm Product weight: 155g

Look at that weight. You might as well use a brick! This mouse would be absolutely terrible for FPS games. I can only suggest 2 brands and they are SteelSeries and Logitech. Best mice for XIM imo.
Thatís a relief because Iím still shitting on kids with this trash @#$% mouse I thought I was tripping but ty and what sensor does it have? Iím getting the g502

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:01 PM - 05/11/18 »

That's a over-exaggeration. Only with very special equipment you can notice the input delay due sensor smoothing. For human use is completely negligible on native PC input, on translator devices sensor smoothing doesn't apply at all.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04:07 PM - 05/11/18 »
I will take G402 over G502 any day.

Similar layout, Is lighter, better sensor positioning, same precision as G502 for XIM use and the Fusion Engine technology it seems to have very nice chemistry with XIM translators, maybe due accelerometer, and when it kicks in set a linear constant movement similar to a stick.
« Last Edit: 04:18 PM - 05/11/18 by alanmcgregor »

Offline BeastModeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05:14 PM - 05/11/18 »

That's a over-exaggeration. Only with very special equipment you can notice the input delay due sensor smoothing. For human use is completely negligible on native PC input, on translator devices sensor smoothing doesn't apply at all.

If you make a profile at 3000 dpi and 12000 dpi you can defiantly feel the smoothing.

If you plug in a 12k dpi mouse with heavy smoothing and then plug in a 12k dpi with little smoothing. The difference is extremely obvious. The aim down sight is floaty shaky almost accelerated feeling and much harder to track targets.

I learned the hard way. I bought a mouse with heavy smoothing before getting a decent one.

I think the smoothing stacks. So every 100dpi you get X frames of smoothing. So at 12k dpi there is so much frames of smoothing.

Offline Axelstrife

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05:37 PM - 05/11/18 »

I don't think you have even experienced it then, it's extremely noticeable if you switch between both mice while playing a game.
It's only above 1800 DPI that the smoothing comes into play with my Razer lancehead TE for example.
It's not a just in the instant when you switch mice either it last's for a few games before it doesn't feel so bad.
You will get used to it, but my whole point is that it's still a thing and a 3366 sensor or other sensors that don't have smoothing like the Mercury sensor or even ones like the G402's sensor which has very little smoothing are a lot better than ones that have a lot.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06:14 PM - 05/11/18 »
I did experiment it we spent hours or testing in a workbench with special instruments, documented. That all you guys said is placebo in your mind it doesn't "stack" maybe that's why you guys have that believe.

Sorry, makes no sense that you state that can perceive a 6 ms movement delay in your hand, not even the surgeons can't do that. On average human input eye-hand is around 400 to 250 ms in subjects between 10 to 50 years old. 150 ms of input delay peak due smoothing is way under the line.

Smoothing on image processing is part of the deal all the sensor has it, mice engineers tends to be very careful to talk about the implementation on their products.

The delay that you may perceive between two different mice can be due different aspects of its electronics, and even the sensor positioning can be a factor.
« Last Edit: 06:35 PM - 05/11/18 by alanmcgregor »

Offline spawnpeekingyager

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09:15 PM - 05/11/18 »
G502 is my favorite mouse, would definitely recommend