XIM Community

DPI / alt speed button  (Read 168 times)

Offline gritoutlander

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: gritoutlander
  • PSN ID: gritoutlander
DPI / alt speed button
« on: 11:07 AM - 05/10/18 »
A modifier for the xim that allowed you to hold down a key to change the dpi would be extremely helpful for games like Fortnite.

Being able to hold a button down and have a secondary speed for the cursor would be extremely helpful for building and quick turns. 

Correct me if I am wrong,  but there is no way to do this outside of pressing a dpi button on your mouse.  which would work,  but being able to bind a keyboard key like shift or control that would double your speed would greatly increase maneuverability.

Offline GmanBadger

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x Gman Badger x
Re: DPI / alt speed button
« Reply #1 on: 12:33 PM - 05/10/18 »
You could set up an auxiliary for your config and increase the sens to what you want. You can have it as a toggle or hold it to activate(similar to ads). Hope that helps!

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #2 on: 10:48 AM - 05/15/18 »
You could set up an auxiliary for your config and increase the sens to what you want. You can have it as a toggle or hold it to activate(similar to ads). Hope that helps!

Or, buy a mouse with DPI buttons...  :P
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, fnatic Boost Speed, Audio Technica ATH AD700, Soundblaster X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:37 PM - 05/15/18 »
This is the easiest method. Fortnite has a really fast HIP look mechanic.