XIM Community

xbox scene  (Read 2640 times)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
xbox scene
« on: 01:58 PM - 07/04/08 »
Is it just me wondering why xim 2 hasn't made the news page on xboxscene.com ? I know its still in devlopment, but still.. there is alot of crap that shows up on that page that doesn't belong. Is the xim team planning on getting an article up there after the initial launch?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline animenows

• View Profile
Re: xbox scene
« Reply #1 on: 06:06 PM - 07/04/08 »
because advertisement on that website is forbidden I think.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:22 AM - 07/05/08 »
its not advertisement its news. I've seen xfps releases on there, I've seen modchip releases on there, I've even seen that devil 360 modchip that was a hoax on there.

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: EpicNerd
  • PSN ID: A_McCulley
« Reply #3 on: 06:41 AM - 07/05/08 »
No offense, but I rather wait until I get mine before XIM360 goes full blown public crazy advertised :)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:45 PM - 07/05/08 »
I completely agree tonester. btw my name is tony too, small world lol. I would rather get my xim before the masses know about it, but I added up all the preorders yesterday and it was something like $1650. I'd like to see the xim team pull in more money than that.

Offline DelTASteve

• View Profile
    • DelTASteve's Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: 03:18 PM - 07/06/08 »
I completely agree tonester. btw my name is tony too, small world lol. I would rather get my xim before the masses know about it, but I added up all the preorders yesterday and it was something like $1650. I'd like to see the xim team pull in more money than that.

I think a lot of people are waiting for pre-done models.

Offline tonelab77

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:21 PM - 07/06/08 »

I think a lot of people are waiting for pre-done models.
I know I am. I want one bad!

Offline SKAG187

• MVP
  • PHD in Teledildonics (a pioneer in the field)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:49 PM - 07/06/08 »
I'm afraid I'll be waiting :-[
PHD in Teledildonics

Offline tonelab77

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:33 PM - 07/06/08 »
I'm afraid I'll be waiting :-[
It's not so bad actually...I've been straight owning fools on UT3 with a controller (40/3 avg.). I can only dream of how much easier it will be with a Saitek CCU and a Logitech MX518. I can solder...but I don't feel like it. Plus, there's a risk, I mean anything can happen...look at what happened to nickstudy when he got his. Not worth the headache. I'd rather pay a pro to take the risk for me.

I'll wait, and I will be one of the first ones on "XIM 2 PREBUILT PREORDER" thread, preordering mine! I CAN'T WAIT!!! I want to see that thread...I keep refreshing the forum every so often.

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01:30 AM - 07/07/08 »
Its going to be a mad house when they call for pre built orders ...  ;D I can't wait to see the thread fill up....I'd pay in advance if I could reserve a spot to be one of the first prebuilt buyers ... $20.00 more added to the final price also ...  :o  The anticipation is killing me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-\

Offline tonelab77

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10:31 AM - 07/07/08 »
Its going to be a mad house when they call for pre built orders ...  ;D I can't wait to see the thread fill up....I'd pay in advance if I could reserve a spot to be one of the first prebuilt buyers ... $20.00 more added to the final price also ...  :o  The anticipation is killing me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-\
I would pay the whole amount of however much it going to cost right now if I could be guaranteed to be one of the first to get a pre-built.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11:23 AM - 07/07/08 »
Plus, there's a risk, I mean anything can happen...look at what happened to nickstudy when he got his.

That was do to me stepping on something on the floor and causing my hand to jerk burning the board. Was really a freak accident. The soldering is challenging, but not so much as to scare you away screaming like a little person. Now if you were to ask me about a PS3 mod chip installation, that is small as all hell and I would say bring your skills. On a scale of 1 to 10 and 10 being the most difficult, I would put this at a 7 for the solder pads and a 4 for the TP points on the controller so really an avereage of 5.5 :) heh. As long as you have a soldering pencil (as in a small tip I used a .61 mm tip) or at least a 10-15w soldering iron with a really fine tip one can do it if they have patience and a steady hand. I use a soldering iron holder that has wire bent like an M and I use that as a rest point to put the soldering iron on the solder pads so I don't shake. It's fun though, good times.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline SKAG187

• MVP
  • PHD in Teledildonics (a pioneer in the field)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12:32 PM - 07/07/08 »

I'll wait, and I will be one of the first ones on "XIM 2 PREBUILT PREORDER" thread, preordering mine! I CAN'T WAIT!!! I want to see that thread...I keep refreshing the forum every so often.

you and me both bro
PHD in Teledildonics

Offline xSir Nubx

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01:07 PM - 07/07/08 »
Hey nick, on the chip thoes output leads already of solder on them??? Really, that makes it so much easier. All you have to do is get a magnifier glass, a razor to keep the wire seperated, and solder the wire down. The TP poitns arent that bad either, just basic soldering techniques to get to them. But I am afraid of poor soldering joints and the equipment breaking when I transport it everywhere. So I will just probably buy the prebuilt, or wait until the guide is up to see how delicate the joints are. Can I see the finished product?

Offline 1nfinitum

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03:02 AM - 07/08/08 »
If you're really worried about your soldering skills, but you still want to try out the DIY method, I'd suggest picking up a kit for some practice.  Usually just a simple device like an FM Transmitter or a dice roller (these are a couple that I used to practice on, picked up at a local Fry's Electronics.)

Work on those and get yourself into the flow before doing the actual thing, if you can find a kit with small solder points jump at the chance and see if you can get it all up and running.  Also, like nick said, a tip sized properly for the job can help a whole heck of a lot.