XIM Community

Getting Worse  (Read 5352 times)

Offline Sick_Tight

• View Profile
Getting Worse
« on: 09:03 PM - 01/22/08 »
Ho kay guys I know there is a lot of debate on why the Mouse tends to want to move to the right (in my case it wants to go up) when playing CoD4. Has anyone found a cure for this? Im not using a Headset, though I know that would not cause it as some said it does.  IT was not so bad where it was only doing it like once every couple of matches so in between matches I could just unplug it and replug it and im good to go. but now it's doing it 3-4 times PER match, and it's getting horrible. I start moving my mouse left to right to track guys while they are running and my mouse wants to go up as well. . . Please tell me someone has found something out about this issue.  It sucks when you are 15-0 and then die because you aim over someone when just trying to move the mouse to the left and it ends up going up as well when you don't move it up and then causes a death.  Then on top of that, have to wait 15-20 secs for the Xbox to re connect the controller once you unplug it. .  . I hope someone has found a work around for this issue, because it now starting to become a choir. I have heard someone say just reboot in the xim software works, which it doesn't, and i heard someone say mess with the analog stick and put it back to center, yet that doesn't work either.  So in reality im at a loss here on what to do, if anyone has some pointers please let me know. Thanks! Don't get me wrong the XIM is wonderful, just wish it could not get it to do what it's doing

Also before someone asks, im using a Copperhead btw

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Worse
« Reply #1 on: 04:43 AM - 01/23/08 »
@#$% man, I have not had any issues with this set up. However, have you tried removing the xbox controller completely out of the loop after the xim is functional?

And when it does start wondering off to the the side, is this reflected in the xim software (as indicated by the red bars for movement, ie wandering to the right -it shows the right stick being moved somehow) ya.

There has gotta be something to fix this, lets help a brother out.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline SUPRARACER

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:51 AM - 01/23/08 »
I have only played 10 or so online matches with cod4 and I haven't seen this problem.

Samsung Q1P
Windows Tablet Edition
XAE-ME software
MX518 Mouse (wired)
Nostromo N52 SpeedPad (Wired)
XFPS Sniper
MadCatz Controller (Keep connected at all times)
Wireless Headset.

John

Offline Mythorp

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:53 PM - 01/23/08 »
Some people leave the wired controller plugged into the XFPS which it shouldn't be.

What I do is:
1. Plug the xbox wired controller into the XFPS.
2. Plug the XFPS into the xbox and wait for it to sync.
3. Plug XIM into computer (which I leave plugged in) and then plug the other end into the XFPS.

...haven't had a problem.

1. What type of controller are all you guys using that have this wandering problem?
2. Have you tried a different keyboard or mouse or both?

Offline Sick_Tight

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:46 PM - 01/23/08 »
@NickStudy

No Nick it's not reflected in the software at all. So I know it's not a software problem. . . It's not really that it moves on it's own as much as what it does when I move the mouse. I heard of other having problems with the mouse wanting to veer to the Right, yet mines a different case, but same basic problem.
Let me better explain here then for you guys.

What I noticed causes the issue in my case (which is the mouse veering up) is when I move my mouse left and right or right and left. During this left and right and vis versa movement, the mouse will also Veer up with out me moving the mouse up while im doing the left and right and vis versa movement. Basically it does a snake pattern on my screen when moving the mouse left then right, left and right, or right and left and right and left. I'm going to see if I can get a video camera from someone to tape what it does, that would really help you guys understand if this isn't making sense.  But in the mean time let me see if I can paint you a picture lol  :D

If you see there my mouse does a snake movement just by moving it to the left and right (not up at all) or right and left.

I will try what some of you posted and unplug the wired controller.
By the way i am using a genuine MS controller.

By the way nick what settings are you using for CoD4 so maybe I can try them out. .  . I made my own settings but im up for trying something new, anything to help my score ha ha

Thanks guys!

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:26 PM - 01/23/08 »
@sicktight

http://xim360.com/index.php?topic=71.0

I put my 2 set ups for cod4 and halo3 in there.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Administrator

« Reply #6 on: 06:27 PM - 01/23/08 »
I use a Logitech G5, i have never had one problem.

Possibly the mouse?

Offline Sick_Tight

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06:45 PM - 01/23/08 »
I use a Logitech G5, i have never had one problem.

Possibly the mouse?

Well I'll go back the the G518 and test it out, but I don't think it's the mouse. Do you leave your Wired controller plugged in? Cause I do. I've not tried playing with it disconnected. Reason why i have yet to disconnect it is because if I have to unplug and replug the XFPS back in the xbox then I need the controller in there ha ha

Offline Petricore

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:23 AM - 01/24/08 »
You definitely want to use it with the controller unplugged. If you are removing dead spots and keep the controller in, if it doesnt reset the analog stick exactly back to 0 it can wander. I'd try with controller unplugged first, if that doesnt help try another mouse.

Offline Sick_Tight

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:43 PM - 01/24/08 »
Update (as of last nights play time)

Here is what I did. . . .

Hooked it all up, then once it detected the Wired controller, I unplugged the Controller and here is my results . . .

CopperHead Mouse by Razer - Did not drift up as much as it did before when the controller was plugged in, but it still did it a little bit.  Now seeing as it was not as bad as before, I believe it's because of the sensitivity of the mouse. The slightest little itty bitty movements respond when I had the mouse at 1600 DPI for some reason. So when I moved the mouse I guess the way I have my hand on the mouse I   hit it just enough to slightly move it up. Yet don't get me wrong, before (when I had the Wired Controller still plugged in) the mouse would make Snake movements when moving left and right, so Know It was not due to my slight little movement that I could produce with my hand, it was something in the mechanics of the Game or something. Nonetheless, it's 10x better now that I unplugged the Wired controller, so thanks for that hint guys.

As for the MX518 - Seems like the XIM was really made to be used with this mouse. My lazer 2000 DPI Razer works nicely but not as well as this mouse after really sitting down and using it in a few matches. . . My performance in my matches were pretty much the same as using my Copperhead, but what really got me was how nice it felt using the mouse. Then again I really not sat down and used that mouse, so It may just feel better in my hand than my razer if you guys know what I mean. None the less never notice the movement with this mouse either. . . So I am happy 17-0 last night! Sucks though match ended with two guys in my crosshairs, would have turned my streak from 17 to 19 =/ . . . Ohh well. . .
Map was crossfire in CoD4

Offline Sick_Tight

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:05 PM - 01/24/08 »
Ohh by the way I can't say thanks enough for the input.. . . . So thanks for helping me out, it's much appreciated!  :-*

Offline thorimmortal

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:07 PM - 01/24/08 »
Would a small dead zone on the mouse make a + difference, just to keep your X axis from bleeding into your Y axis? just thinking, TEST move your mouse cursor side to side (right now would be a good time) does your pointer move in a perfect X&Y axis,
neither does mine, AH! HA! so maybe in the game the behavior is even more prevelant due to the higher dpi, Right? and maybe im wrong but it seems to make sense.

Offline Sick_Tight

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04:23 PM - 01/24/08 »
Would a small dead zone on the mouse make a + difference, just to keep your X axis from bleeding into your Y axis? just thinking, TEST move your mouse cursor side to side (right now would be a good time) does your pointer move in a perfect X&Y axis,
neither does mine, AH! HA! so maybe in the game the behavior is even more prevelant due to the higher dpi, Right? and maybe im wrong but it seems to make sense.

Yeah that is what I was trying to get at, it still slightly moves up, but that's human error because we can't move the mouse in a perfect line side to side. But before it was horrible if you see the picture I made above, the mouse would make a snake pattern, and it was really bad! And it was some of my Human error but also something else, because it was going in a nice "Z" Shape. . .
Now that I have unplugged the wired controller the "Z" pattern is gone, so now im uber happy!!!

Offline thorimmortal

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04:43 PM - 01/24/08 »
you guys think that would help the lag issue (unplugging the controller) I will have to try it.

Offline Sick_Tight

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04:57 PM - 01/24/08 »
It doesn't help the lag issue, but it's so unnoticeable that If you can notice it that much, wow You have some good inner sensitivity.  :D