XIM Community

fortnite x/y ratio question  (Read 1414 times)

Offline Jabbed7

• View Profile
fortnite x/y ratio question
« on: 04:40 PM - 05/09/18 »
so my fortnite setup is p good i went from pc to xbox and i outbuild everyone even when i play with pc friends
only problem is the ads x/y ratio I set up my x/y for hip and all i get is headshots because of how i configured it. i want to do the same thing for my ads  anyone have this? 1.10+ might work for hip i have it really low because the aimassist takes care of it (for hip)and since xy is low and it makes it hit the head without me even aiming

Offline Cyanic

• View Profile
Re: fortnite x/y ratio question
« Reply #1 on: 08:54 PM - 05/09/18 »
so my fortnite setup is p good i went from pc to xbox and i outbuild everyone even when i play with pc friends
only problem is the ads x/y ratio I set up my x/y for hip and all i get is headshots because of how i configured it. i want to do the same thing for my ads  anyone have this? 1.10+ might work for hip i have it really low because the aimassist takes care of it (for hip)and since xy is low and it makes it hit the head without me even aiming

What's your xy for hip ?
Not not use the same for ads

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
« Reply #2 on: 02:59 AM - 05/15/18 »
How did you set it up to only get headshots I donít see how thatís even possible?

Offline AahTist

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:02 PM - 05/15/18 »
are you saying you have x/y 1.10 for hip ? and that gives you headshots?

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:17 PM - 05/15/18 »
XY ratio of 1.10 has nothing to do with headshots. It means for every 10 pixels the reticle moves horizontally, it moves 11 vertically. It's simply a method of having a more responsive Y axis to increase vertical movement.
« Last Edit: 01:41 AM - 05/16/18 by antithesis »

Offline AahTist

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:42 PM - 05/16/18 »
XY ratio of 1.10 has nothing to do with headshots. It means for every 10 pixels the reticle moves horizontally, it moves 11 vertically. It's simply a method of having a more responsive Y axis to increase vertical movement.
So for fortnite this could be useful when trying to move up and down on target to get to the headshot when aa is quite strong and makes it sometimes hard to do so but you still want that strength horizontally?

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:31 PM - 05/16/18 »
Can changing the x y help with aim?

Offline BeastModeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:18 AM - 05/17/18 »
i think the vertical sensitivity is slower because everyone is using joysticks. but since we are using mice its better i think to have equal vertical and horizontal for muscle memory.

maybe go find a perfectly square door or crate or something and turn the xim sensitivity down to 1. you should be able to see how far you have to move your mouse vertically vs horizontally and adjust x/y ratio to be perfect. i plan on trying this when the new pubg patch comes out which zero aim accel. not positive if this method will work

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:30 AM - 05/17/18 »
So for fortnite this could be useful when trying to move up and down on target to get to the headshot when aa is quite strong and makes it sometimes hard to do so but you still want that strength horizontally?
Yes, that may help when you're in the hitbox, but it may hinder your aim when you're not.

Give it a shot - dial XY up to 1.10 or 1.15 and see how it feels.

Offline Cyanic

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:07 AM - 05/17/18 »
I'd personally drop it to .85 aim is a lot better

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:29 PM - 05/17/18 »
I'd personally drop it to .85 aim is a lot better
That makes vertical adjustments more difficult by increasing X-axis speed at the cost of Y.

Using ratios below 1.0 is for things like faster turning while sprinting in HIP, which isn't useful for zippy games like Fortnite. It might be useful in ADS for leading a long-range target, but I'd be more concerned about a shotgun to the face.

Values above 1.0 in ADS are typically used to counter recoil, or to make vertical targeting more responsive. In Fortnite's case, I'd opt for a higher XY number given the verticality of build wars.

The AA in Fortnite tends to drag the reticle to chest height, so if you want to hit the headshot, additional positive Y-axis values may help. I was playing with 1.20 last night and it felt good for dragging Pump shots to the head through muddy AA. Honestly, it could probably go even higher with no significant negative effect.

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06:32 PM - 05/17/18 »
So anything over 1.00 would be helpful for aiming more especially if my aim is jittery

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06:48 PM - 05/17/18 »
So anything over 1.00 would be helpful for aiming more especially if my aim is jittery
XY ratio won't help jitter. Change Sync or Smoothing settings, or reduce your mouse and Apex to 500Hz. Also, ensure your mouse is calibrated to your pad.

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07:04 PM - 05/17/18 »
I donít mean jitter my hand is naturally jittery I want a more stable aa hand tends to move to much for my own liking and my ads is already slow

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08:02 PM - 05/17/18 »
Is the jitter horizontal or vertical? If the shake is up and down, going above 1.0 won't help as it'll add to the jitter on diagonals.

If you want to reduce AA, increasing sensitivity will help, as will increasing DPI, mouse polling and Apex response rate. Adding Smoothing can help with jitter too, but do that as the last step as it can make aim feel floaty.
« Last Edit: 08:28 PM - 05/17/18 by antithesis »