XIM Community

less micro movement on PS4 compared to X1, Someone who knows about curves?  (Read 967 times)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Nope. Leave your mouse settings as they are.

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
You mean that this curve will not work? How could I change the curve something that gives me more micro movements? Do you have a suggestion?

It will only work with a lowered sensitivity.
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB SSD, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, CM Swift RX, Audio Technica ATH AD700, Soundblaster X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley

Sorry it was not my intention. It should not sound like that.
Would that be correct?

That curve will increase the speed of your onscreen movement (relative to that of your mouse), starting at 40% of the analogue stick's maximum movement. You'll achieve maximum onscreen speed at 50% of the stick's  movement.
If you're only moving your mouse a little bit, which is what you do when making micro adjustments (like tracking a distant target whilst ADSed), your curve is unlikely to have any effect as you're unlikely to hit 40% of the stick's max movement.

Since we're on the topic of analyzing a ballistic curve, X-axis is related to total stick movement?

So if I move the right controller thumbstick "75%" to the right, it would correlate to 75% of the length of X on the curve?

I'm trying to get a better understanding so that I can maybe create my own ballistics curve for a high-sens wrist player.  Currently on PUBG, my micro movement(s) are 'ok' for normal movements, but if I'm in CQC where I need to snap turn and do a long-fast swipe, I hit the limiter, and it slows my player movement down.  I understand the notion of trying to slow the hand movement down in the heat of the moment, but natural tendencies take over in those situations. 

Would I want the linear curve up to 30-40% of X, then an accelerated straight line after that  to help speed the movement up, when doing long-fast swipes?

Visually, looking at ballistic curves, I have an idea of what people are trying to accomplish when looking at the curves visually, but I don't know how to implement that into my own needs without a firm understanding of the X and Y axis.
The X axis is, indeed, a representation of the analogue stick's total movement.

Your 75% analogy is correct.

In the circumstances that you describe, I don't use a curve. Instead, I play around with my sensitivity until I can do a 180 flick without hitting the turn cap.

There's more info on Ballistic Curves in this thread.
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB SSD, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, CM Swift RX, Audio Technica ATH AD700, Soundblaster X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!