XIM Community

[APEX] EXTREME - Perfect Match -02- ADVANCED (FINAL)  (Read 7523 times)

Offline slickrick

• View Profile
Re: [APEX] Perfect Match Mouse Configuration (FINAL)
« Reply #15 on: 10:55 AM - 05/15/18 »
I understand what you mean but it won't feel floaty by configuring in this manner due to the 1,000 Hz and by properly adjusting the ballistic portion.

I'm not a fan of the higher latency floaty feeling either which is one of the reasons why this is not recommended at 500Hz or less.

you are also increasing tracking accuracy through the reduction of interpolation and latency from the mouse by running it at 800DPI.

There is also pixel shipping being masked by the smoothing which is negating latency.

I know that the pixel skipping and smoothing seems ridiculous because we don't want this natively on PC but it makes perfect sense for console gaming with aim assist. it's already there when playing with a controller natively and I have found it to be important to make attempts to replicate that behavior with the mouse for a more seamless experience without many of the common issues.

Now I'm not twisting anyone's arm but I'm sure that this is going to be of use for users who seek solutions to some of those negatives.

At the very least this is a very user-friendly method for handling the conversion.

yes i have shared some of the discoveries which were precursors to this however there's also much more to this than what has been shared by me previously. it took an incredible amount of research and discovery of many individual settings and the behavior to ultimately get it there. so this is basically a combination of many things used in a very specific formula creating a synergy that would not be possible otherwise. there is an exact science to this method with the only variable being the ballistic value.

that is the best way that I can describe it.  all I can say is that if you haven't tried this for yourself using these exact settings for your mouse and xim you should because I have a feeling that you might be pleasantly surprised by the outcome.
jfame, are you saying to run your mouse dpi at 800 dpi?

Offline Sl3vin

• View Profile
Re: [APEX] Perfect Match EXTREME (FINAL)
« Reply #16 on: 11:00 AM - 05/15/18 »
Sorry for the question but where can i adjust sensivity? Polling, dpi, hip, ads, curve is no Problem but sensivity?

Offline Die_Hard

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: aalsarram
« Reply #17 on: 02:35 PM - 05/16/18 »
Feels like a pc 😕
Man this is amazing!
My aim is completely accurate!
Headshots become more easier. I'm serious guys :)

I don't know if I'm lucky with my shots or it is true thats this settings are completely good.

I tried this settings with Fortnite and battlefield 4 both were 100% perfect 👌🏻

The only problem is that there is no aim assist, however, I'm ok with that 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thank you man

And sorry for my bad English

Offline Die_Hard

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: aalsarram
« Reply #18 on: 02:36 PM - 05/16/18 »
Deserve a sticky 👌🏻

Offline mjfame

• "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)
« Reply #19 on: 06:02 AM - 05/17/18 »
jfame, are you saying to run your mouse dpi at 800 dpi?

Correct.  ;) Here's an excerpt from the the Purist thread. (basic-version)

We will be using true-native DPI of the mouse sensor (or as close as possible). This will ensure that the mouse will output user input as accurately as it is capable of tracking. DO NOT fall prey to the marketing that modern sensors are native across all DPI steps. This is false. Every sensor's true CPI (counts per inch) capability can be determined by its array which will always reflect the true-native DPI of the hardware. Anything above that means that the mouse firmware must add counts and estimate user-input. The mouse sensor is a camera that rapidly takes snapshots in order to track it's positioning.

Modern devices with 'flawless' sensors are being marketed as native across all steps due to the inaccuracies at extreme DPI levels being much lower than they once were. (say, for example 12kDPI tracking accuracy of 94%). This may not sound like much but there is a real-world performance difference that I am able to detect and you should be able to as well. I own a Logitech G Pro which is one of if not the snappiest mice at max DPI that is on the market and 800DPI still performs better each and every time I flip back to it. It's noticeably more responsive and much more accurate. It is enough to make a huge different while playing multiplayer shooters. Especially ones with longer time-to-kill and heavier aim-assist. In general it is simply more reliable overall.

Spend a moment to think about the way a digital camera photo looks when taken without zoom. It's clear and artifact-free. A zoomed photo will look slightly blurrier but not very noticeable if the zoom falls within the hardware's optical zoom range. Beyond that is the digital zoom area where photos will begin to look noticeably murky and pixelated. For the instant gratification aficionado, open an image using any photo viewer and zoom in slowly. Pay attention to how the photo loses detail as you scale it beyond its native size.

The same holds true for the technology that your mouse uses to track user-input. By comparison the optical range for the newer gaming mouse sensors typically would be above 800DPI up to 3200DPI and the digital would be 3200+. On top of that the increased counts add latency. Micromovements suffer greatly due to the additional latency and inaccuracy. This is the main cause of negative acceleration and by now I feel that most of us understand that negative acceleration makes aim-assist much tougher to deal with.

800 is plenty of DPI if you are mindful of the way to use it properly with XIM. Contrary to what others may believe, lower DPI will not make aim-assist more pronounced in fact it will make it easier to work with due to the fact that the mouse is translating with less haste and greater overall accuracy. Use 800DPI in order to feed your XIM with the cleanest possible user-input and let the XIM handle the multiplier, instead. It's better this way due to the XIM receiving a higher quality mouse output to work with and with less delay in between. Why raise the mouse multiplier when the XIM handles this anyway? All your doing is adding latency and degrading quality of the data from the mouse before XIM even receives it then the XIM also has to process delayed and degraded received data before it reaches the gaming platform. The XIM output can't be any more accurate than the data it has been provided with to work with and it can't output it any faster than how long it takes to receive it.  Think about that.. Personally, I would rather the XIM receive the cleanest possible data in shortest amount of time to work its magic on.

Feels like a pc 😕
Man this is amazing!
My aim is completely accurate!
Headshots become more easier. I'm serious guys :)

I don't know if I'm lucky with my shots or it is true thats this settings are completely good.

I tried this settings with Fortnite and battlefield 4 both were 100% perfect 👌🏻

The only problem is that there is no aim assist, however, I'm ok with that 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thank you man

Deserve a sticky 👌🏻

Thanks for sharing your experience. The aim-assist is in fact helping and it is still completely tuneable by adjusting the ballistic sensitivity. what you have described is the resulting behavior of perfect matching value that allows the config to mimic analog behavior so well that the result is seamless. so it's buttery smooth all around now and with the superior control of a mouse and finally without the muscle-memory interruption which is what I have been working toward achieving for some time now -loooonnnnnnnng before XIM APEX ownership however XIM definitely helped to expedite the process due to its superiority and it will only get better when a future XIM product offers a 100-step Ballistic Editor. I'm ecstatic over this triumph and pleased to be able to share it with the world. Have fun out there.
XIM APEX // BETA : 20180402
Logitech G Pro // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT) // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD)

"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1 | 2017.07.27 (10k)

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Offline MicroStyle

• View Profile
Re: [APEX] EXTREME - Perfect Match -02- ADVANCED (FINAL)
« Reply #20 on: 02:59 PM - 05/17/18 »
I am new to the XIM and tried the EXTREME for a couple of rounds. Really nice so far.
I am not d‘accord with your argumentation about 800dpi=best. Rocketjumpninja tested 100 mice and after his conclusion 1600-3600 is the best dpi for modern mice.

After some internet studies I think: at >800dpi the mice controller starts to correct and this work really nice till <3600dpi. At this point the correction will make more mistakes and the benefit from the higher dpi fade.

Thats why I copied your BF1 setting and tried to tweak it for 1600dpi. Its my first time working with the ballistic curve. A youtube tutorial would be nice 😄. I am not sure if your EXPERT settings are applyable to 3200dpi.

By the way: I tried to play with Elite Controller in left hand. Man, thats really uncomfortable! Dont know how you can play like this. 1,5h was enough for me. But analog movement with mouse aiming really rocks hard! 👍
« Last Edit: 03:05 PM - 05/17/18 by MicroStyle »
🇩🇪 | XIM APEX | XBox One X | XBox Elite Controller | Belkin N52te | Zowie EC2-B | Zowie G-SR | Mousebungee (the original from mousebungee.de from the 20th).

Offline NotTodayBuddy165

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: AFKGAMER808
« Reply #21 on: 09:06 AM - 05/18/18 »
Anything for 800dpi mouse? :'( just for now.

Offline joetomic

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: mapacho sandwich
« Reply #22 on: 11:26 AM - 05/18/18 »
Anyone try this on pubg?  Thoughts?

Offline MicroStyle

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05:11 PM - 05/18/18 »
Played this with Rainbow Six Siege today. First time RSS so no comparison with another setting. It worked really well. After gaming I realized, that my mouse was set to 3200dpi. No problem using this setting with 3200dpi/1000hz and ~85 sens in the ballistic curve.
🇩🇪 | XIM APEX | XBox One X | XBox Elite Controller | Belkin N52te | Zowie EC2-B | Zowie G-SR | Mousebungee (the original from mousebungee.de from the 20th).

Offline mjfame

• "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)
« Reply #24 on: 01:53 AM - 05/19/18 »
I am new to the XIM and tried the EXTREME for a couple of rounds. Really nice so far.
I am not d‘accord with your argumentation about 800dpi=best. Rocketjumpninja tested 100 mice and after his conclusion 1600-3600 is the best dpi for modern mice.

After some internet studies I think: at >800dpi the mice controller starts to correct and this work really nice till <3600dpi. At this point the correction will make more mistakes and the benefit from the higher dpi fade.

Thats why I copied your BF1 setting and tried to tweak it for 1600dpi. Its my first time working with the ballistic curve. A youtube tutorial would be nice . I am not sure if your EXPERT settings are applyable to 3200dpi.

By the way: I tried to play with Elite Controller in left hand. Man, thats really uncomfortable! Dont know how you can play like this. 1,5h was enough for me. But analog movement with mouse aiming really rocks hard!

i know all about RocketJumpNinja. great reviewer but 800 is going to either be perfect native CPI or closest value to it for most modern gaming mice. Nothing is above 800CPI at the hardware level as of today. so 800 will send the most accurate capture with the lowest possible delay to your xim. a bit of interpolation is beneficial for seamless player targeting interaction but ideally you only want the xim to handle the interpolation. it's most important that you minimize or eliminate it from the mouse so xim has higher quality data to work off of and so the xim recieves it with less haste.

you definitely want 800DPI with 500sens and smoothing somewhere between 10-20 plus preferred ballistic value for extreme. just a straight ballistic to 100 from the desired value. i shared some screenshots with captions and a couple sample ballistics that you can copy and paste to see it for yourself to understand it more clearly.

idk i guess im just used to it. i use both left paddles but to keep the weight down i open controller and remove all 4 rumble motors and i play wired.  well i actually have been removing rumbles since x360 days long before using a mouse because i dont use rumble. i also remove the right paddles and the removable right thumbstick cap since i am not using them anyway.

my gaming setup makes it comfortable for me   

you could also mount the controller so that it is supported at the proper angle then all you would need to do is gently align your grip around it.

i have separate elite controller profiles created to switch to the onboard memory when necessary. for each top left is always jump and the other is mapped to either B X Y , right stick click or RB.
« Last Edit: 02:09 AM - 05/19/18 by mjfame »
XIM APEX // BETA : 20180402
Logitech G Pro // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT) // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD)

"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1 | 2017.07.27 (10k)

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #25 on: 05:34 AM - 05/20/18 »
So, not wanting to be a pitchfork wielding hater (and in the interests of science), I tried out your settings for around five hours today, constantly switching between yours and mine.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
Swiftpoint Z (Pixart PMW3360 Variant sensor)
CM Strorm Swift RX
Apex at1000Hz

Your Extreme settings:
  • Hip 500
  • ADS 500
  • Sync Off
  • Smoothing 20
  • Hip BC - 100 at 40%
  • ADS BC - 100 at 50%

My normal settings:
  • Hip 76
  • ADS 40
  • Sync Common
  • Smoothing 0
  • BC none

And my conclusion: they felt identical. No better or worse than each other.

Just thought that you'd like to know.
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, fnatic Boost Speed, Audio Technica ATH AD700, MixAmp Pro, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline GmanBadger

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x Gman Badger x
« Reply #26 on: 11:16 AM - 05/21/18 »
mind
is
officially
blown

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, fnatic Boost Speed, Audio Technica ATH AD700, MixAmp Pro, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline HardBodyKarate

• Xbox one x. G502. Xim apex. 4000dpi 500hz 500pol
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 05:11 PM - 05/25/18 »
Fortnite:
This worked for me originally and it was fantastic. I was hitting every pump shot. However now when i move my mouse the xim is flashing telling me I’m at max turn speed and the game becomes choppy to turn.

How do I fix this?

I’ve followed all your steps approriatly
« Last Edit: 11:41 PM - 05/25/18 by HardBodyKarate »

Offline rcrnt

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: RCRNT
« Reply #29 on: 09:00 PM - 05/27/18 »
Curious as to what your fortnite in-game settings are. Could you please share them?