XIM Community

New to XIM  (Read 1212 times)

Offline johnagent1911

• View Profile
New to XIM
« on: 01:20 AM - 07/04/08 »
I have been trolling around these forums for 2 months(gotta love the search option.) and I just wanted to say hi to the community... Just finally got around to registering a user name. 

I do have a question though, does it matter what mouse you use? I guess what mouse do you find has the best results with as far as game play goes? What keyboards do you use?

Offline sebastian9

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: New to XIM
« Reply #1 on: 01:58 AM - 07/04/08 »
Hello, and welcome to the forums!

I don't think its necessary to be picky about what keyboard you get, any average one will do I suppose. If your looking for a good mouse, I would suggest getting a Logitech mx518. Nickstudy has this mouse and he makes some of the best game configurations around here. This means you will only have to make minor adjustments to his configurations, i.e. sensitivity, because he bases his configurations off this mouse. This mouse offers everything you need, and you can find them on ebay, to buy, for about 32$.

Offline johnagent1911

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:20 AM - 07/04/08 »
Yeah I've seen some talk about that mouse I think I'm going to take a look at it. Thanks.

Offline sebastian9

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:28 AM - 07/04/08 »
No problem brother. If you have anymore questions your more than welcomed to ask.

Offline xPOLESTARx

• www.team-dropouts.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:29 AM - 07/04/08 »
DPI have some effect on the outcome, it's always nice to have a mouse that you can change the dpi. If I'm correct I remember nickstudy saying something about having positive results with mice that have 1400 dpi+. Any mouse will work granted, but some just work better. Like said above the MX518 seems to be the most popular choice due to it's low price and high performance.

Gamertag: xPOLESTARx

Offline tino420

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:23 PM - 07/04/08 »
yup buddy of my uses mx518 and he said its the best

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:03 PM - 07/04/08 »
Its not the best for some people , like lefties .. I have that mouse also and it's no where close to the perfection I have with my G3 . Its built off of the same Dpi engine as the 518 , its just shaped for both hand use .  :o