XIM Community

Xim apex on fortnite  (Read 1354 times)

Offline Youjinbou-

• View Profile
Xim apex on fortnite
« on: 09:04 PM - 04/08/18 »
Fortnite supports KBM on ps4. Is there any way we could use xim use IBM settings instead of controller ones?

I bring this up because using razer naga on ps4, I am unable to use my sidebuttons. I had hoped with xim's help i would be able to use them and keep the KBM keybinds.. unfortunately it appears its 1 step forward and 2 steps back with the fortnite BR settings..

Can we remedy this?

Offline Youjinbou-

• View Profile
Re: Xim apex on fortnite
« Reply #1 on: 06:42 PM - 04/27/18 »
Bump

Will it be possible to use the apex to enable the use of razer naga side buttons on ps4
While keeping the the input settings of KBM (not translating controller to keyboard and mouse like every other game) as fortnite supports KBM.

Offline Torderro

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Buxsadme
« Reply #2 on: 11:29 AM - 04/28/18 »
Bump

Will it be possible to use the apex to enable the use of razer naga side buttons on ps4
While keeping the the input settings of KBM (not translating controller to keyboard and mouse like every other game) as fortnite supports KBM.

well since no one replied or tried to help, here's my take on your situation.

as of right now, there is no way to change the keybinds when you plug your keyboard straight into your console w/o the xim.

the xim cannot even help you keybind a straight plugged in keyboard.

As far as your Razer naga, you'd have to have the razer synapse installed on your PC/mac whatever you have.
and bind those buttons to either keyboard buttons, or make sure they are on-board memory set by default on your mouse

if the xim cannot recognize the side buttons at all, you're going to have to go into razer synapse and set them as KEYBOARD buttons so change each one to a specific keyboard key that you're not using, such as "home" "end" "pgdn" "pgup" etc etc. and then your xim will recognize them as true inputs and then your mouse can have all the side buttons enabled.

I had to do this with my Logitech g502. I hope Razer allows this type of cuztomization, 
Bad sad Christmas.

Offline obi-wan_legend

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:43 PM - 04/30/18 »
I run g13 tru xim and have mouse directly tru ps4 have building and weapon binds on g502 mouse

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
  • Please Delete My Account
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Delete
« Reply #4 on: 03:37 PM - 05/01/18 »
You could do this with Xim Link
Please Delete My Account

Offline Youjinbou-

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:38 PM - 05/05/18 »
Hey guys unfortunately razer does not have an on board memory chip like logitech. The only thing you can truly save from synapse after unplugging from a computer is your default chroma backlight color.

The only instance where razer mouse's side buttons worked was when I used it through xim.
I was just hoping we could keep this functionality and set up rebinding in fortnite using keyboard mouse input as it is fully supported in this game.

Beyond this, I dont see a point in using xim on fortnite at all. This might have been a huge oversight? Havent gotten any official response yet though I'm sure its been seen.

Admin