XIM Community

Wooting one Keyboard  (Read 2633 times)

Offline sncjez

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: sncjez
Re: Wooting one Keyboard
« Reply #30 on: 07:48 PM - 05/12/18 »
Should be getting wooting today at some stage mainly purchased due to a new tennis game coming out next week on all platforms and for pc which has full controller support apparently.

Will report if i can get it to work with apex or report back for some help to get it to work with apex.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #31 on: 08:19 PM - 05/12/18 »
Will report if i can get it to work with apex or report back for some help to get it to work with apex.

Thank you!
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Ayekay

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 09:58 PM - 05/12/18 »
Should be getting wooting today at some stage mainly purchased due to a new tennis game coming out next week on all platforms and for pc which has full controller support apparently.

Nice! If it works I'm definitely going to be getting the Apex and selling my XIM4!

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11:00 PM - 05/12/18 »
Glad to see this topic is maintaining some momentum, I'd love to see Wooting support on Apex.

Offline Wootingkb

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 03:01 AM - 05/13/18 »

Very cool, if it works out, I'd want to add it to our knowledgebase.

Offline sncjez

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10:04 AM - 05/13/18 »
I haven't had as much time as i would like today to give the wooting a good grind out but can confirm with the latest firmware (20180501) the wooting works only with that firmware digitally and analogue although analogue will only work with directinput only,  xinput was a non runner for apex but as said not much time for a proper test grind.

Early day's but this will need some muscle memory adjustment and steady fingers for wasd pressure sens and a lot of tinkering for you'r right curve settings.

Here is a short vid in ww2 headquarters with analogue profile 1 default directinput changed from xininput to see what you think. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6bv8HkkhOI&feature=youtu.be

Hopefully get some time in for the wooting vid guides later on in the week.

Promising so far but a lot of tinkering to get the right feel after years of just pressing down WASD.

Ps.. once wooting is disconnected from PC the keyboard will go back into digital mode save your set up in onboard memory and hit the mode switch to get the right profile for when it's connected to Xim Apex.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 02:44 PM - 05/13/18 »
So, confirmed working? If so, happy days!

Would love to see if the dual-activation points also work. I wonder if it's possible to bind separate keys to those actuation depths.

Overall, what's your impression of the Wooting in terms of build quality, keys, switches, software functionality etc?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #37 on: 07:30 PM - 05/13/18 »
Thanks for verifying. DirectInput would be the right choice for both digital and analog control.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Wootingkb

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 02:31 AM - 05/14/18 »
I haven't had as much time as i would like today to give the wooting a good grind out but can confirm with the latest firmware (20180501) the wooting works only with that firmware digitally and analogue although analogue will only work with directinput only,  xinput was a non runner for apex but as said not much time for a proper test grind.

Early day's but this will need some muscle memory adjustment and steady fingers for wasd pressure sens and a lot of tinkering for you'r right curve settings.

Here is a short vid in ww2 headquarters with analogue profile 1 default directinput changed from xininput to see what you think. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6bv8HkkhOI&feature=youtu.be

Promising so far but a lot of tinkering to get the right feel after years of just pressing down WASD.

Ps.. once wooting is disconnected from PC the keyboard will go back into digital mode save your set up in onboard memory and hit the mode switch to get the right profile for when it's connected to Xim Apex.

Not sure how Apex picks up and combines the keyboard and controller input, but you might need to lower your actuation point to 3.6mm to avoid your keyboard input overriding the controller input.

Offline sncjez

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 11:23 AM - 05/14/18 »
So, confirmed working? If so, happy days!

Would love to see if the dual-activation points also work. I wonder if it's possible to bind separate keys to those actuation depths.

Overall, what's your impression of the Wooting in terms of build quality, keys, switches, software functionality etc?

Need to get some proper time in will update eventually, the build quality does feel nice and software is easy to use switches will be interesting over time compared with my corsair cherry reds gotta get my head round it all this coming weekend should be good the wife can watch harry and meghan wedding all day whilst i play  ;)

Yup all good OBsIV digital works straight out of the box with latest firmware dinput for analogue use.

Thanks for verifying. DirectInput would be the right choice for both digital and analog control

Offline sncjez

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 11:25 AM - 05/14/18 »

Not sure how Apex picks up and combines the keyboard and controller input, but you might need to lower your actuation point to 3.6mm to avoid your keyboard input overriding the controller input.

Thanks wooting i have been using 3.6mm lots to get to grips with although my main purchase for the WKB is for world tennis tour coming out this week on PC fingers crossed for full controller support.
« Last Edit: 12:02 PM - 05/14/18 by sncjez »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 08:37 PM - 05/14/18 »
sncjez did you have any success with the xim and the suggestions mentioned in this topic?
does it work?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline sncjez

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 11:12 AM - 05/15/18 »
sncjez did you have any success with the xim and the suggestions mentioned in this topic?
does it work?

Yup all good check my posts above, will need to tinker a bit when i get time.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 02:21 PM - 05/15/18 »
oh true, the post above had been marked as read for me so i accidentally skipped those
thanks for the feedback, im really interested in the wooting :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline sncjez

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 02:31 PM - 05/15/18 »
oh true, the post above had been marked as read for me so i accidentally skipped those
thanks for the feedback, im really interested in the wooting :)

No probs... would had been good if you or anti had this to help further i have mainly purchased for a pc game need to get some time in.