XIM Community

Wooting one Keyboard  (Read 3010 times)

Offline Ayekay

• View Profile
Wooting one Keyboard
« on: 03:35 PM - 05/04/18 »
I just purchased a Wooting one to go with my Xim4 on PS4 but I should've checked the compatibility list before getting it. It doesn't seem to work..has anybody has any luck with the Wooting one on the Xim4? Is there something I'm missing or is it just not compatible?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Wooting one Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: 03:37 PM - 05/04/18 »
hey,

did you try to swap the usb ports of your mouse and keyboard?
most mice and keyboards work in both ports, but some do only work in their specific one

also download and install this xim firmware as it comes with a lot of hardware changes and fixes:
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=65630.0
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Ayekay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:44 PM - 05/04/18 »
Since that is the Xim Apex firmware will it still work with the xim4?
Edit: just tried to swap keyboard and mouse USB and it didn't work unfortunately. Mouse works but not the keyboard.
« Last Edit: 03:48 PM - 05/04/18 by Ayekay »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:55 PM - 05/04/18 »
Wooting's a fantastic concept and I'd love to see it working on Xim myself, but it requires DirectInput or Xinput to function. You're only going to get those libraries on PC.

Your best bet is to use SandhawC and a Belkin Easy Transfer cable to hook your Wooting through a PC and see if it works that way. Alternately, it might work via Titan One via the MaxAim (a DirectInput plugin) or a Titan Two via KMCapture.

Let us know how you get on. I've been tempted to buy a Wooting numerous times, but I know the analogue keys are a problem when not connected to a PC or Mac.

And no, Apex firmware won't work on Xim4. Nor would a Wooting work on an Apex.

Offline Ayekay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:36 PM - 05/04/18 »
I'd prefer if I didn't have to use a PC. Which would you recommend, the Titan One or Titan Two? I'm not too familiar with those devices. Btw thanks for the insight on the matter.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:11 PM - 05/04/18 »
Both T1 and T2 would still require a PC to access DirectInput. You wonít be able to use Wooting without being tethered to PC and even then analogue is unlikely to work.

Offline Ayekay

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:19 PM - 05/04/18 »
Oh @#$%, well thanks for the info. At least I have a cool keyboard for my PC now 😆

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:21 PM - 05/04/18 »
It is a great kb, but itís ahead of its time. Analogue should become mainstream but itíll take a few more years.

Offline Ayekay

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:30 PM - 05/04/18 »
Yeah I heard about the Cooler Master keyboard with aimpad technology being released later this year but I assume it's going to require the drivers just like the Wooting.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:35 PM - 05/04/18 »
I suspect so. Roccat has a kb with analogue QWEASD but it also doesnít function on a Xim.

Offline Wootingkb

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:23 PM - 05/04/18 »
Looking for contact with one of the developers, then we can get some compatibility going. I'm reachable through email address on this account or this awesome forum account.

8)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03:43 AM - 05/05/18 »
Looking for contact with one of the developers, then we can get some compatibility going. I'm reachable through email address on this account or this awesome forum account.

8)
Do you mean the Xim developers? You're after OBsIV.

There's a demand for analogue kbs on console via m/kb adapters, we're more aware of the benefits of analogue movement. It'd be great to see Wooting compatibility for Xim.
« Last Edit: 04:47 AM - 05/05/18 by antithesis »

Offline Wootingkb

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05:11 AM - 05/05/18 »
That's exactly whom I'm looking for. Thanks!

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05:16 AM - 05/05/18 »
That's exactly whom I'm looking for. Thanks!

Most PC gamers I talk to don't "get" the benefits of analogue. I have to really explain it to them and even then they mostly dismiss it.

XIM players on the other hand are almost all from a console background so inherently you have less of a hill to climb. I think this is the perfect place to target:)

By coincidence I was actually just looking at the Woot a few hours ago, but decided not to bother since it doesn't have XIM support!
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, Switch Joy-Con, Logitech G502, Razer mouse bungee, SteelSeries 4HD mousepad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My setup (incl. Joy-Con mount): https://bit.ly/2jic7bG

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Using a Nav? Frustrated by the lack of buttons? See here: https://bit.ly/2JINRuB

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #14 on: 08:48 AM - 05/05/18 »
Does it not work with the new APEX fimrware (Beta)?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.