XIM Community

Question about the compatibility with Razer products  (Read 836 times)

Offline 2U

• View Profile
Hi,

I'm about to get a Xim Apex, but I wonder about the compatibily of my Razer mouse (which is not listed in the compatibility list)

I have a Razer Naga Trinity. Will it works? And will it work with macros/on-board memory?

Thanks

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Question about the compatibility with Razer products
« Reply #1 on: 07:48 AM - 05/03/18 »
Welcome to the community. The hardware list is only for devices that are not working. I would expect this to work but the side buttons are an unknown.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Duke3d

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:05 AM - 05/03/18 »
The mouse itself will work. The side buttons should register, because I believe with the Naga they're originally set to number keys.

However the macros will not work. That goes through the software on your computer because most Razer devices do not have on-board memory to store those macros. There are ways to run the controls from the mouse to a computer to XIM though.
sudo apt-get install GoldenPistol

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 04:45 PM - 05/03/18 »
Naga Trinity is one of the few Razer mice to feature full on-board memory, but you need to use Synapse 3 beta to access it.

I'm not sure if that applies to macros, but button bindings shouldn't be an issue. Set them to unused kb keys if they don't work at default settings.

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Edawsiwel

• Teacher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:55 PM - 05/05/18 »
I use the trinity. Synapse 3 bets is needed to work with dpi etc. every button is bindable right out of the box except the dpi button, need synapse to reassign those to keyboard buttons.

Onboard memory works, have no idea about macros, donít need them.

I se the 7 button side pal and reassigned the dpiís to keyboards. 4000 dpi and 1000 hz. I am very happy with it, the mouse.

The software  flakey.
TEACHER

Itís a poor craftsman who blames his tools

A lion will never tell you he is a lion

It takes all sorts to make a world

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 05:28 PM - 05/05/18 »
I really like that 7-button side panel as I've always wanted a good mouse with at least 4 usable side-buttons. There have been variants on that theme over the years from Splitfish and Tuact (formerly Aimon and FragNstein), but those mice obviously suck.

Unfortunately though, I'm left-handed and we are the red-headed stepchildren of the gaming world, so miss out on all of the fun gaming mice. I'd like to try a lefty Rival 500 and lefty Orbweaver, but that's never going to be an option.

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline 2U

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:50 AM - 05/06/18 »
Okay thanks for answer. I already use the 12 buttons panel on Fortnite PC and it's actually decent, but I think i'm gonna use the 2 buttons one on console, since you can't bind your construction keys here.

Another question, Are Razer keyboards knows to have issues with the Xim Apex?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #7 on: 06:54 AM - 05/06/18 »
Yes, Razer kbs rely on Synapse to mask ghosting. It should be a firmware update, but it's not. Expect issues on a Xim. Custom lighting is also a problem, as is power.