XIM Community

Tutorial - Best Mouse DPI Settings for XIM  (Read 1564 times)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Tutorial - Best Mouse DPI Settings for XIM
« on: 02:29 PM - 05/02/18 »
new tutorial out

you can find the tutorial on how to find your perfect mouse sensitivity here:
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60845.0

PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline mjboor911

• View Profile
Re: Tutorial - Best Mouse DPI Settings for XIM
« Reply #1 on: 06:46 PM - 05/02/18 »
Good job od1n.

I hope the next tutorial will mention the sync types
And polling rate.

Offline stormynight

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:49 PM - 05/02/18 »
Maybe I’m not understanding this correctly but I lowered my DPI from 10k to 3.2K and went from 42hip 70ads to 131.25hip 218.75ads in PUBG with sync off and now it’s noticeably jittery. My xim is currently at 500hz because I think it feels better on most games. I understand the way to fix jitter is to add smoothing. But isn’t smoothing bad because it makes aiming “floaty” ideally wouldn’t we want no smoothing?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:29 PM - 05/02/18 »
Good job od1n.

And polling rate.

the next tutorial video will be a "how to increase and decrease aim assist" guide, i will also do a sync tutorial after that :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:31 PM - 05/02/18 »
Maybe I’m not understanding this correctly but I lowered my DPI from 10k to 3.2K and went from 42hip 70ads to 131.25hip 218.75ads in PUBG with sync off and now it’s noticeably jittery. My xim is currently at 500hz because I think it feels better on most games. I understand the way to fix jitter is to add smoothing. But isn’t smoothing bad because it makes aiming “floaty” ideally wouldn’t we want no smoothing?

try Sync Common, the Sync Off option will cause jitter by itself and you will notice it even more the higher your xim sensitivity goes
with any other Sync setting your aim should be super smooth :)

the only benefit Sync Off has over the other Sync settings is its lack of aim assist, you will have noticeably less aim assist with Sync Off (and in return slightly worse mouse movements)

Offline stormynight

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:47 PM - 05/02/18 »

try Sync Common, the Sync Off option will cause jitter by itself and you will notice it even more the higher your xim sensitivity goes
with any other Sync setting your aim should be super smooth :)

the only benefit Sync Off has over the other Sync settings is its lack of aim assist, you will have noticeably less aim assist with Sync Off (and in return slightly worse mouse movements)

Ok next question. I like my current sensitivity. How do I adjust my sense going from off to common which btw I thought common was not recommend for pubg because it runs nowhere near 60fps. Unless I’m also not understanding that correctly.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:51 PM - 05/02/18 »
Ok next question. I like my current sensitivity. How do I adjust my sense going from off to common which btw I thought common was not recommend for pubg because it runs nowhere near 60fps. Unless I’m also not understanding that correctly.

there is no correlation between off and common, for every game it will be different
what you have to do is to use sync off with your current xim sensitivity and measure the distance you need on your mousepad for a full 360° turn with a ruler
then set the xim to sync common and adjust the xim sensitivity until you do a 360° with the same mousepad distance

pubg might run at less than 60fps but what matters is the game engine and how frequemt it accepts your inputs, so sync common could indeed play better
eg the game was "written for 60fps" but your graphic card can only offer 30fps or less

early access games play kind of in their own league in that regard, for any other game you can eg go with the 60fps and 30fps rule for your sync options

Offline stormynight

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:53 PM - 05/02/18 »

there is no correlation between off and common, for every game it will be different
what you have to do is to use sync off with your current xim sensitivity and measure the distance you need on your mousepad for a full 360° turn with a ruler
then set the xim to sync common and adjust the xim sensitivity until you do a 360° with the same mousepad distance

pubg might run at less than 60fps but what matters is the game engine and how frequemt it accepts your inputs, so sync common could indeed play better
eg the game was "written for 60fps" but your graphic card can only offer 30fps or less

early access games play kind of in their own league in that regard, for any other game you can eg go with the 60fps and 30fps rule for your sync options

Ok thanks I’ll give it a try.

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:49 PM - 05/02/18 »
Good job od1n.

And polling rate.

the next tutorial video will be a "how to increase and decrease aim assist" guide, i will also do a sync tutorial after that :)

I look forward to this video.
i5-4690k | GTX 1070 | ASUS VG248QE | CM MasterKeys Pro M White | Zowie FK1 | Steelseries QcK Heavy

PS4 BO3 Edition | Xbox One S

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Offline Mazen al shami

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:34 PM - 05/02/18 »
really nice video god bless youcman .... please anser me this cuz no one did ...... im playing bf1 .... 16k dpi .... all in game sens max out as it should ... xim sens 6 hip  5 ads ..... its all feels good BUT my biggest problem is when i try to make tiny movment ... like micro move .... it doesnt respon and its big problem if you are playing sniper ..... plzzz help me

Offline Edawsiwel

• Teacher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10:47 PM - 05/02/18 »
really nice video god bless youcman .... please anser me this cuz no one did ...... im playing bf1 .... 16k dpi .... all in game sens max out as it should ... xim sens 6 hip  5 ads ..... its all feels good BUT my biggest problem is when i try to make tiny movment ... like micro move .... it doesnt respon and its big problem if you are playing sniper ..... plzzz help me
I had this problem too when using high DPI, which seems to me to go against what a lot of folks say, after all, even in ODIN’s vid he states that high dpi is polling higher so it makes things jittery. That seems to me like there should never be micro movement issues .
I understand what is being said about the dpi etc but i found that i got the best results with my 12000 by turning sync to off and a xim setting of 78.5 and 31.5.

if ya are gonna stick with the higher dpi, try a different sync setting maybe, like off.
TEACHER

It’s a poor craftsman who blames his tools

A lion will never tell you he is a lion

It takes all sorts to make a world

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #11 on: 03:07 AM - 05/03/18 »
"Xzm"?  ;D

Excellent video. Good job.
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, fnatic Boost Speed, Audio Technica ATH AD700, MixAmp Pro, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #12 on: 03:12 AM - 05/03/18 »
when i try to make tiny movment ... like micro move .... it doesnt respon
Have you got Smoothing set to a high value? This would likely cause the symptom you describe at high DPI.
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, fnatic Boost Speed, Audio Technica ATH AD700, MixAmp Pro, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline Mazen al shami

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05:59 AM - 05/03/18 »
thx for respons ... smoothing is 0

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09:50 AM - 05/03/18 »
"Xzm"?  ;D

Excellent video. Good job.

i dont like the "[ZEM]" pronunciation, for me itll always be "[KSEM]" ;)