XIM Community

Sony complains to my Wifi provider, now they shut down my WIFI  (Read 555 times)

Offline AimingIsKey

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: AimingIsKey
Haven't been contacted by Sony directly, but my Data/Wifi provider have shut down my imternet multiple times, because of complaings from Sony. I have had the PS4 for 3 years, but the complains coincides with the period i have had the Xim connected to my PS4. I can play on it with Hotspot, but as soon as i connect to Wifi BAM. Sony complains to Wifi provider and they shut off my WIFI.

Is there any Virus or Malware in the XIM causing it?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
No offense, but you don't seem to know how Sony, consoles, the internet, wifi, viruses, malware or Xims work.

Your wifi is crashing because your wifi likely sucks. It has nothing to do with the PS4, Xim or a Sony conspiracy.

The solution is to use ethernet cables instead of wifi for improved stability and speed.

Alternately, you've double-NAT issues on the wifi router and you may have two devices competing for the same local IP address. Assign the PS4 a static IP address and move it into the DMZ of the router.

Or...Aliens, I guess.
« Last Edit: 04:11 PM - 05/02/18 by antithesis »

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
If he doesn't know how Sony, consoles, the internet, wifi, viruses, malware or XIMs work, what on earth makes you think that he knows how to assign a his console a static IP address or how to move it into his  router's DMZ!  :-\

And any way, I think it actually is aliens. Just sayin'  :o
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, fnatic Boost Speed, Audio Technica ATH AD700, Soundblaster X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline AimingIsKey

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: AimingIsKey
No offense taken. My Wifi isn't crashing. My Internet provider literally shut down my wifi. I'm just going to translate the message i got from them:

"Unfortunately, we need to close your connection as you have connected equipment that causes interference on the network in the association.
This may be due to incorrect wiring or defective equipment. Contact our support at (Removed number) to review and re-open your connection"

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
If he doesn't know how Sony, consoles, the internet, wifi, viruses, malware or XIMs work, what on earth makes you think that he knows how to assign a his console a static IP address or how to move it into his  router's DMZ!  :-\
Psst...that was kinda the point. Right answer, wrong person to give it to. Hence, Aliens!

"Unfortunately, we need to close your connection as you have connected equipment that causes interference on the network in the association.
This may be due to incorrect wiring or defective equipment. Contact our support at (Removed number) to review and re-open your connection"
That has nothing to do with Xim, it doesn't use Wifi and is nothing more than a controller emulator. There's also no way to get malware on a Xim, nor is there any such thing as malware on a PS4.

Wifi is bad for gaming and it does sound like your wifi just plain sucks. That's your router, not your console, not your Xim and not Sony. Get an ethernet cable and wire your console to the router. If you can't be in close proximity, use ethernet over powerline adapters.

Are you living in an apartment building? That's more likely the source of complaints if your signal is interfering with your neighbours. In any case, your ISP is probably to blame  (it's their service and likely their equipment) so maybe look for a new provider if you can. Under no circumstance should your wifi interfere with anyone else's to the point that your ISP cuts it off.
« Last Edit: 04:19 PM - 05/02/18 by antithesis »

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
There is 0% chance it has anything to do with the XIM.
i5-4690k | GTX 1070 | ASUS VG248QE | CM MasterKeys Pro M White | Zowie FK1 | Steelseries QcK Heavy

PS4 BO3 Edition | Xbox One S

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
Lol sony doesnít care whether your PS4 is connected to the internet or not and they donít have time to sit there and Call your internet provider and tell them to shut your internet down , time to switch internet providers or stop using WiFi

Offline Nataliy

• I wish you a good day
    • View Profile
AimingIsKeyt here is a big problem with the Internet in Russia, Sony's servers are blocked.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
It looks like he's in Denmark based on the PSN id.