XIM Community

XIM Link 1.1 is out.  (Read 1756 times)

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
XIM Link 1.1 is out.
« on: 02:21 PM - 04/30/18 »
Here is the first slightly bigger update to the XIM Link. I wanted to push this out earlier to fix some critical design errors, but some of those took longer to fix and also I wanted to add something new in there too.

Thanks for everyone who have donated so far. It is nice to have some of the direct and indirect costs covered with donations :)

DL for the 1.1 is here: https://github.com/W11cE/XIM-Link/blob/master/Official%20Releases/XIM%20Link%201.1%20Setup.msi

Changelog since 1.0:
 - Fixed OEM keys and keypad enter key not working correctly.
 - Button queue library rewritten.
 - Added joystick data passthrough from AHK scripts.
 - Admin rights for mouse data capture process removed. Will use now lower priorities.
 - Directory handling for AHK fixed. Will not crash now and will automatically complain about wrong executable.
 - Upgraded the project to use .NET 4.7.1 version.
 - Replaced XIMCommander dll with custom WinUSB library.
 - Added popup interruption handling.
 - Added options for the popup interruptions.
 - F# core included in the build (for F# libraries).

There are (too) many fatal changes in the build. I would appreciate feedback on any negative changes on performance as well as any other feedback with this version.

Lastly I would like to apologize about the automatic deactivation mess. It was something I added quickly and I was not expecting it to affect really anyone. There is now a new selection box called "Popup interruption behavior." in the settings. A quick explanation of the choices would be like this:
 - Break; the latest behavior before the options adding. The passthrough is broken if a new application takes foreground focus.
 - Recapture; ignores the new foreground application and forces freezing the mouse.
 - Off; SandhawC and v1.0 behavior. Does not do anything, but mouse will float on these cases.

There is more into it, but I created these 3 options to have some options for people that have problems with this.
« Last Edit: 08:18 PM - 06/22/18 by W11cE »

Offline MRog40

• MVP
  • FPS games are 10% Aim and 90% positioning
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: MRog40
Re: XIM Link 1.1 is out.
« Reply #1 on: 08:38 PM - 04/30/18 »
Lastly I would like to apologize about the automatic deactivation mess. It was something I added quickly and I was not expecting it to affect really anyone. There is now a new selection box called "Popup interruption behavior."

Best part of the update for many people here. I'll be testing out this new version when I get the chance
Xim Apex | PS4 | PC | G502 | Corsair K65 LUX RGB | C24FG70 | Astro A40 TR | QcK XXL

Offline tsdbhg

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xolhid
  • PSN ID: xolhid
« Reply #2 on: 01:07 PM - 05/01/18 »

Thank you for your hard work and dedication for this QOL add-on.
I am curious of a few things. Are you going to make an option to load on boot? I added it manually, but for those that aren't tech savvy it would help. Can you also add an option to run in the background and task bar/system tray icon without the need for an open window? Makes it look clean. Thanks
« Last Edit: 01:48 PM - 05/01/18 by tsdbhg »

Offline Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:11 PM - 05/01/18 »
Update seems good so far, thanks! One thing to note. at least for me. Don't try to install this over top of the old version. I kept getting a XimLink.exe error and it wouldn't start. Uninstall both and reinstalled just v1.1 fixed that issue.

Offline kasp362

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:25 AM - 05/02/18 »
Thank you w11ce!!

I am curious of a few things. Are you going to make an option to load on boot? I added it manually, but for those that aren't tech savvy it would help. Can you also add an option to run in the background and task bar/system tray icon without the need for an open window? Makes it look clean. Thanks

I would love to see these features also. I think he said he was going to add the minimize to tray. http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=63587.0

Offline Axelstrife

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: nickskitz93
« Reply #5 on: 08:13 PM - 05/02/18 »
- Break; the latest behavior before the options adding. The passthrough is broken if a new application takes foreground focus.
 - Recapture; ignores the new foreground application and forces freezing the mouse.
 - Off; SandhawC and v1.0 behavior. Does not do anything, but mouse will float on these cases.

Almost /have died many times due to encoding finishing and poping up on my PC while gaming on PS4.

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:42 PM - 05/05/18 »
Thank you w11ce!!

I would love to see these features also. I think he said he was going to add the minimize to tray. http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=63587.0
There is more into this than just changing the minimizing behavior. Making it a tray application changes the design. It should consume ~0% CPU while idle, this is not the case now.

This would probably happen in 2 stages. First making it to minimize in the tray and then later optimize it to function like a real tray application.