XIM Community

Please merge this topic with Gpro is the best!  (Read 2538 times)

Offline mjfame

• "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)
Please merge this topic with Gpro is the best!
« on: 07:03 PM - 04/24/18 »
i realize that i'm late to the party but i still want to say that..

Logitech G Pro is an excellent gaming mouse. Low profile design and agile. top-sensor without any artificial smoothing or acceleration. doesn't get much better than this. Handles like an exotic sports car. I can whip that little f*cker around the pad without fail.. The quest for the perfect mouse is over.

It's 40x40 array which is 800DPI hardware native, btw and that's how I'm running it.. 800DPI @250Hz (double native polling) No frame-sync. and it's fantastic. (couldn't care less about max dpi and polling YES 40x40=800 so 800DPI is true native and anything above that is a multiple which is NOT FOR ME)

Went 23-1 with a rampage in my first Halo 3 BR match on standoff.

« Last Edit: 12:12 AM - 04/30/18 by mjfame »
XIM APEX // BETA : 20180402
Logitech G Pro // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT) // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD)

"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1 | 2017.07.27 (10k)

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
Re: I absolutely love my new Logitech G Pro!
« Reply #1 on: 09:06 PM - 04/24/18 »
Outstanding mjfame  ;D

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:34 PM - 04/24/18 »
I have the G Pro, I actually did like the feel of that mouse when I was using it. Unfortunately I had to switch to a different mouse tho because I couldnít stand the friction from the mouse cord rubbing up against my monitor stand. (I donít have a mouse bungee and I donít even think thereís enough room for one on my desk)

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
  • Please Delete My Account
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Delete
« Reply #3 on: 12:21 AM - 04/25/18 »
Is the native DPI of the G502 also 800? I'm not familiar with that concept.

Would my mouse perform better using 800 DPI than the 500 I'm currently using?
Please Delete My Account

Offline AMG

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:35 AM - 04/25/18 »
For that sensor in particular, every step is native.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 07:35 AM - 04/25/18 »
I have the G Pro, I actually did like the feel of that mouse when I was using it. Unfortunately I had to switch to a different mouse tho because I couldnít stand the friction from the mouse cord rubbing up against my monitor stand. (I donít have a mouse bungee and I donít even think thereís enough room for one on my desk)
Cougar Bunker has a very small footprint for a bungee.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Joeyknock0

• Switch FC: 1643-1675-3606
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:36 PM - 04/25/18 »
I actually just got my Gpro to replace my G502 a couple weeks ago. It's a night & day improvement on PC, but for some reason i don't feel the same about it on XIM. Perhaps the lighter weight leads me to make faster / more sweeping motions than i did with my 502.

Offline AMG

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:14 PM - 04/25/18 »
Good... now you guys start to getting it.

nuff said.

Offline Dave R

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:11 PM - 04/28/18 »
How many grams does it weight ? I typically aim for light mice but also like the sniper button of the g402 for melee
One X
Apex
VG248QE
AD700
DSS2
G402 (metal skates)
Tartarus Chroma
Titan One
past xim 1,3,4

Offline Joeyknock0

• Switch FC: 1643-1675-3606
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:17 AM - 04/29/18 »
How many grams does it weight ? I typically aim for light mice but also like the sniper button of the g402 for melee
It weighs 85g. I think its 40g lighter than the 502

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09:39 AM - 04/29/18 »
Great shape and superb for low sens. Got the g pro and the G102 prefer the 102 but only cause it's white with rubber cable. Love both

Offline mjfame

• "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)
I have posted a couple of brief reviews on various mice that I have used. The Basilisk recommendation was added after many months of heavy use.. The G502 was a bit premature after only one day of ownership.

I have owned the G Pro for 1 week and used it for 60+hrs. All on XIM haven't even tested on PC yet but I bet it's incredible. It's so agile with a low profile. Nothing on-screen is too fast for it. Aim assist slowdown doesn't phase it. You can use a ridiculous amount of grip combos with it. I can palm it , claw it, fingertip it or hybrid without any issues. Plus it has the PMW3366 sensor with zero smoothing / acceleration. It's absolutely the best performing Logitech mouse out of all of the ones that have the 3366 sensor. It's honestly the best performing mouse that I have ever used and it just keeps getting better by the minute.

I have actually said "I love this mouse" out loud while using it on multiple occasions. I certainly will not be shopping around for another mouse anytime soon. If this one breaks I will repair it and if it can't be fixed I will purchase it again. The G Pro is basically a new-gen of the original G100 so it's apparent that Logitech plans on replicating this shape/weight with updated tech for generations. If this proves to be the case then I don't see a reason to replace the G Pro with anything other than its successor (if it is worthy).

Warm-up time has substantially decreased for me since acquiring the G Pro. It's just a fantastic device that feels exotic and is incredibly rewarding to use. I feel like I'm just pointing my finger at objects on-screen. At various times (Usually no later than day-2) I have felt that the size, shape, sensor, firmware or whatever else was performance hindering on every other mouse that I have used. I have yet to feel that the G Pro was limiting my potential during a gunfight. I doubt that I ever will.

The ONLY issue that is completely correctable is like other Logitech mice the cable is very stiff so I do recommend purchasing a CeeSA Paracord replacement cable and using with a solid mouse bungee. Replacing the mouse skates with Hyperglides or Hotline is also recommended. You can just slap the extra mouse skates over the old ones for additional height but be sure to recalibrate your mousepad surface afterward if using that feature in order to ensure the liftoff distance is properly calibrated.

I did order a paracord replacement but I also cut the braided cable on the original and scrunched it down toward the end while waiting for it to arrive. This really helped.

For reference:
My hand size: L=18cm / W=9cm
« Last Edit: 11:14 PM - 04/29/18 by mjfame »
XIM APEX // BETA : 20180402
Logitech G Pro // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT) // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD)

"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1 | 2017.07.27 (10k)

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Logitech G Pro is the BEST!
« Reply #12 on: 03:31 PM - 04/29/18 »
Glad to hear it worked out so well mj. I love the lil focker too (and the G303 before it), but as a lefty, I really miss those right-side buttons, which would in all seriousness make it my perfect mouse.

Thanks for your advice there too, I have a friend who is an electronics tech who may be able to mod the mouse for me to add some side buttons. I've considered asking him in the past but had no solid idea of what actually needed to be done, so your guidance is greatly appreciated.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline AMG

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03:34 PM - 04/29/18 »
Good to hear you are very pleased with your new acquisition. G Pro is a outstanding mouse.

Now imagine this user experience by paying about half of its price and with a very flexible and thinner rubber cable,
well that's what G203 gives you out of the box.

That's why we keep saying like broken record G203 is the best mouse bang for buck you can get for XIM.

G Pro sensor is the best, if you can get one on sale go over vs G203 anyday.

Using a lightweight, better fit for you hand size is always another good improvement, that is what is giving you the feeling of "pointing with your finger at objects".

Bigger mice are a "size-to-fits-all" approach, no the best for an aiming device.

IMO Ventus R has a superior shape than G Pro/G203 is like having a small FK2 (FK3), it has a great sensor PMW3310 does the job.

Offline Dave R

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04:48 PM - 04/29/18 »
Gee just when I'm happily settling in with the 402 (big hands fits well) the Pro comes along  :o tried a 102 loved the precision to small though.
One X
Apex
VG248QE
AD700
DSS2
G402 (metal skates)
Tartarus Chroma
Titan One
past xim 1,3,4