XIM Community

about the XIM2 kits.  (Read 1373 times)

Rocksolid83

about the XIM2 kits.
« on: 08:58 AM - 07/03/08 »
im new at this.  this is the first time i heard about xim2.  i read alt of the forums about this project and its great.  you guys are genius.  Anyway i have a question??

XIM2 kits.  is it easy for a person like me to put it together?  is it very complicated? Does it come with a manual showing me how to put it together?

I had a XFPS 3.0 plus sniper im getting sick and tired of the deadzone.  i cant a get a pin point accuracy shot with this thing.  i just waste my money on this crap :-[

If this kits is not complicated to put together where can i preorder it.

Offline Ding Chavez

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DcIhNaGv3z
Re: about the XIM2 kits.
« Reply #1 on: 10:08 AM - 07/03/08 »
There are no preorders as of yet. EDIT: Preorder are being taken here right now http://xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=657.0

The difficulty will depend on your experience level with soldering circuit boards.  Considering how small the XIM2 board is (about the size of a quarter), I imagine that it will be a fairly challenging endeavor for a first timer / novice.  Nevertheless, there will be instructions for DIYers.

That said, you donít have to build it yourself.  You can purchase the XIM2 as a completed product instead of a DIY kit.
« Last Edit: 10:39 AM - 07/04/08 by Ding Chavez »

Offline miraged

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:09 AM - 07/03/08 »
It depends, you didnt tell us about your background on soldering. You should at least have basic soldering knowledge, without it I wouldnt try my first steps on XIM2.

As for the rest, you will get a detailed guide on how to solder/assemble everything :9.

Offline animenows

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:10 PM - 07/04/08 »
soldering is a pease of cake. with any solder gun and some low melting point solder, its really simple. just practise on a broken device or something soldering random wires on it lol.(thats what i did before) . 

Question, some of the soldering points on the controller are really hard to get to, i mean, some of them are under plastic(the trigger for example), i think it was point 42 or something. i wonder which side you guys sholdered the wrie on to. Front or back??

PS. too lazy to fix typo srry

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: EpicNerd
  • PSN ID: A_McCulley
« Reply #4 on: 06:54 AM - 07/05/08 »
Word of advice?  If you aren't a soldering god - don't even attempt it.  Or, at least wait until after all the other people who can't wait try it and see how many of them fail (I suspect there will be quite a few).  I've soldered a few things in my lifetime and despite my unwillingness to wait, I've decided it just isn't worth the risk.

But, if you have 50+ bucks to throw away and a wired controller you don't mind wagering, then go for it.  It can't hurt.

Offline hak

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:14 AM - 07/05/08 »
I would save the frustration, AND the money altogether  ;D

package this in a new controller + UT 3 wooohoo yumz

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:50 PM - 07/05/08 »
I've soldered a few things in my lifetime and despite my unwillingness to wait, I've decided it just isn't worth the risk.

I'm not sure if I can do it either. I've soldered a few xbox1 modchips in the past, and had an electronics course in highschool but I'm not sure. I couldn't solder the wii becuase of small solder points. If it comes down to it and I feel intimidated then I'll pay someone to do it locally.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos