XIM Community

Has anyone tried Halo Online through the XIM?  (Read 506 times)

Offline Broachster14

• View Profile
Has anyone tried Halo Online through the XIM?
« on: 09:21 PM - 04/23/18 »
Curious if this would work. Also, would you be able to use a Nav/Mouse and have the PC read it as controller via XIM? Translators would probably be another issue I suppose.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Has anyone tried Halo Online through the XIM?
« Reply #1 on: 09:32 AM - 04/24/18 »
I didn't even realize this existed until I saw this on here. Is this really a fan-made remake of Halo on PC? If so, then, the aiming system would be specific to how they decided to do it.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Broachster14

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:01 PM - 04/24/18 »
Hey OBsIV,

Yes, It's fan made, but it's had a following for a while now. They just released a big patch and made it available to the public.  It looks very promising in regards to classic halo gameplay. It's a free download from https://eldewrito.com/

It's got ~11,000 current viewers of twitch if you'd like to take a look. Since this isn't a console game, would it be possible to do a translator for it?

Thanks

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 03:01 PM - 04/24/18 »
Have the existing Halo translators been tried?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Broachster14

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:08 PM - 04/24/18 »
Oh boy this is interesting.

I've gone the XIM Link route, and basically just needed to plug my Apex into my PC, so my enable button in the XIM Link app allows me to play with my preferred peripherals,  through my Xbox 1 controller, which is plugged into my XIM (which is now plugged into my PC). When i disable it, the mouse is being used by the PC, and no longer through the XIM.

To make this clear, I've got my Mouse and keyboard plugged into my PC, and the easy transfer cable and controller plugged into the Apex, which is also plugged into the PC.

Halo Online picks up the XIM as a controller, as intended.

The Halo 3 MCC translator doesn't work very well, but the original Halo 3 360 translator seems fine.

This is pretty neat.

Offline BurningPlaydoh

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BurningPlayd0h
« Reply #5 on: 04:40 PM - 04/24/18 »
It is not a fan-made game, but rather a modded version of the official Halo Online.

It includes content mainly from Halo 3 but 4 as well, so those would be the best bets for translators.

Makes sense that MCC doesnt seem great as the aim mechanic in that for all titles feels noticeably different from the original releases.

I guess the advantage of using MKB through XIM would be having some aim assist, but the native MKB support is almost flawless and has an option for raw input.  You cant get much more 1:1 than that...