XIM Community

*RESOLVED* XIM 2 connection  (Read 1557 times)

Offline NyCShadow

• View Profile
*RESOLVED* XIM 2 connection
« on: 09:42 PM - 10/10/10 »
I  noticed today that my XIM 2 was not connecting and it kept giving me a 401 error, at first I thought it was the USB port but did a little more troubleshootng and realized when I jiggled the BLACK wire from the control a certain way the sound for the USB connection would come on.  I believe the black wire thats connected to the main chip is a bit loose and I have to put it in a certain way for it to work.   I was wonderng if anyone else had this issue and if I should try to fix it myself and open it up or does anyone else have any other suggestions that might help me.  Thanks
« Last Edit: 08:17 AM - 10/16/10 by NyCShadow »

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Crusade atm: none

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM 2 connection
« Reply #2 on: 10:46 PM - 10/10/10 »
Thanks for the descriptive post :) If you feel comfortable opening it up and checking for a bad solder joint go for it. The picture below will show you where the problem will likely be, if you don't want to do this yourself you can send it in for repair/replacement.

Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline NyCShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:42 AM - 10/11/10 »
Thanks for the descriptive post :) If you feel comfortable opening it up and checking for a bad solder joint go for it. The picture below will show you where the problem will likely be, if you don't want to do this yourself you can send it in for repair/replacement.

You're welcome, I wanted to get to the point and explain the issue at hand.  How much would it be to repair, I'm assuming the replacement is almost as much as getting another XIM 2 or am I wrong.  I don't know that I would be comfortable enough trying to solder it myself cause I dont wanna screw it up.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:47 PM - 10/11/10 »
You have a free lifetime warranty granted you have the xflex chip (pictured above) and not a DIY model(pictured below).

Offline NyCShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:12 PM - 10/11/10 »
No I ordered mine already assembled. Do you know what the average turn around time is to get the control back? Is soldering it hard or would you prefer to only do it if the person knows what they are doing.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:13 AM - 10/12/10 »
If you're questioning your ability I would just send it in. Unless you have a few spare pcb boards, motherboards, soundcards.. things like that you can practice soldering on. I can't really tell you about turn around time, contact "shippingguy" with a detailed description of your problem.

Offline NyCShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:19 AM - 10/13/10 »
Shipping guy contacted me and advised me to send it in to him.  He said he will take care of it immediately, thanks for your response everyone.  Will keep you updated on what happens. I'm overnighting the product to him today.

Offline NyCShadow

• View Profile
Re: *RESOLVED* XIM 2 connection
« Reply #8 on: 08:18 AM - 10/16/10 »
I recieved my replacement controller and it's working great.   Want to thank everyone for helping me.  Steve the shipping guy was great in his communication through the replacement process.  Thanks Steve.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: *RESOLVED* XIM 2 connection
« Reply #9 on: 12:05 AM - 10/18/10 »
Cool it's always great to hear the success stories in the support section :)