XIM Community

[Halo Online - PC] Major Update for 'ElDewrito' v0.6 Released!  (Read 2021 times)

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
It seems with the mainstream gaming sites taking notice of it last week Microsoft decided to take action:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-04-25-microsoft-moves-to-terminate-fan-made-halo-online-mod

Funny how the author characterizes the modders as "victim" though.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline Joeyknock0

• Switch FC: 1643-1675-3606
    • View Profile
It seems with the mainstream gaming sites taking notice of it last week Microsoft decided to take action:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-04-25-microsoft-moves-to-terminate-fan-made-halo-online-mod

It's good that the dev team decided to release so much in this latest update, and got as much released as they could before Microsoft noticed. There are enough tools and content to keep the community playing for a while. No matter the outcome people will be able to play regardless.

Just as a side note, i was messing with this game and my apex earlier. It uses the original Halo 3 (not MCC) look mechanic if anyone was wondering.

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
  • Please Delete My Account
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Delete
Just tried it out, as a PS user I've never played halo. The native mouse keyboard is excellent, I don't see a need for Xim on it. It is a very fun game though, I was shredding on the "MLG" ranked servers. I wonder if the game will actually get a competitive scene, I like the gunfights.
Please Delete My Account

Offline Joeyknock0

• Switch FC: 1643-1675-3606
    • View Profile
Just tried it out, as a PS user I've never played halo. The native mouse keyboard is excellent, I don't see a need for Xim on it. It is a very fun game though, I was shredding on the "MLG" ranked servers. I wonder if the game will actually get a competitive scene, I like the gunfights.
Yeah I use native myself, I just had to satisfy my curiosity :).

What ever happened to the videos in the OP?

Offline mjfame

• "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)

It's good that the dev team decided to release so much in this latest update, and got as much released as they could before Microsoft noticed. There are enough tools and content to keep the community playing for a while. No matter the outcome people will be able to play regardless.

Yup. this has been an ongoing thing since long before 0.6 released. not worried about it.

Just as a side note, i was messing with this game and my apex earlier. It uses the original Halo 3 (not MCC) look mechanic if anyone was wondering.
[/quote]

I prefer straight native mouse for this but I have tested Apex on it and you are correct about it being modeled off of the original Halo 3 (360).  Halo 2 (MCC) profile works also. both use deadzones of 27.. The H2 profile feels slightly better to me though (less accelerated).

For anyone interested.

The aiming model is palindromic and it uses float-deadzones and 24 seems to be the sweet-spot based off my previous extensive testing with titan one prior to owning XIM and the fact that it is the most used value throughout the library.

H1/H2 orig use 27. H2 PC also uses 27. Hi PC uses something like 16 if i'm remember correctly. H4 360 uses 24, Reach uses 24, H1 H4 H2A MCC use 24. H5 uses 24 default. Halo 3 (MCC) uses the lowest which is 21 and that's too low for this.

Destiny 1 & 2 use 24.

Also, 117 drives the aiming model in various ways but i really don't feel like explaining this in depth as it would take quite some time to type it all.. i have discussed this over on ConsoleTuner forum so that is where you will find the information pertaining to my claim. the number 7 plays a role here as well.. I'm grateful that I put the time and effort into reverse engineering the aiming model because it really helps me easily tune my XIM for these titles and it sort of unraveled some of mystery behind the 117 reference and Bungie's love for the number 7.
XIM APEX // BETA : 20180402
Logitech G Pro // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT) // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD)

"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1 | 2017.07.27 (10k)

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Offline mjfame

• "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)

yeah Halo has always been special to me with its longer time to kill and the pre-sprint era methodical pacing of it. I estimate that i've racked up well over 100,000 Battle Rifle kills alone since the release of Halo 2 up until now and for whatever reason that never gets old. Sucks that Bungie ditched it for Destiny because Destiny ain't Halo and 343i's games barely are either.

ElDewrito is basically Halo 3 engine but with hitscan BR which is fine but original Halo 3 used projectile based BR. It was the only Halo title to not use hitscan BR and it was pretty badass, imo.

the "MLG" servers are titled as such because they are using the "MLG" maps and game rules (no radar , 10% faster base player movement speed etc.)  that were once part of the original game on Xbox. Or at least they should be, I haven't played in that playlist on PC yet.
« Last Edit: 09:42 PM - 04/29/18 by mjfame »
XIM APEX // BETA : 20180402
Logitech G Pro // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT) // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD)

"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1 | 2017.07.27 (10k)

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Offline BurningPlaydoh

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BurningPlayd0h
El Dewrito BR projectiles are very fast but not hitscan.

On the BTB maps you do have to give a bit of lead still actually.

For me faster BR is great news as the H3 BR was super susceptible to network issues and the increased random spread of the bursts made 4 and 5 shotting inconsistent at best (hence the 110% weapon dmg for MLG gametypes).