XIM Community

Fragpedals Dual.  (Read 2758 times)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Fragpedals Dual.
« Reply #30 on: 10:24 PM - 04/29/18 »
*cough* see above ;)

A very simple T2 script fixes it and with any lucky, we might convince the powers that be to add native support.

Offline mjfame

• "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)
« Reply #31 on: 10:27 PM - 04/29/18 »
*cough* see above ;)

A very simple T2 script fixes it and with any lucky, we might convince the powers that be to add native support.

lol ya i responded too late but at least it's another option that some may not have even thought of.

where's the script?  nevermind  :-[
XIM APEX // BETA : 20180402
Logitech G Pro // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT) // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD)

"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1 | 2017.07.27 (10k)

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 10:37 PM - 04/29/18 »
I've sent J2K the USB descriptors and info on the problem, so that may bear fruit from the T2 end.

I'll PM OBsIV now and ask him to take a peak at this thread.

Offline mjfame

• "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)
« Reply #33 on: 10:38 PM - 04/29/18 »
I've sent J2K the USB descriptors and info on the problem, so that may bear fruit from the T2 end.

I'll PM OBsIV now and ask him to take a peak at this thread.

how do you like those pedals. quality-wise?
XIM APEX // BETA : 20180402
Logitech G Pro // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT) // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD)

"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1 | 2017.07.27 (10k)

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10:52 PM - 04/29/18 »
how do you like those pedals. quality-wise?
They're not big footstompers, more like controller buttons for big toes. I wouldn't call them flimsy, just not robust like Scythe pedals or a Stinky Board. I'm pretty careful with my gear and don't foresee any problems, but a heavy foot may cause issues. That said, there are two holes on each board to allow them to be mounted to something more sturdy.

I was expecting it to be much harder work to integrate into my setup, but they're small, slot wherever I want under my feet, are quiet to use, and as per road's requirements can be activated by lifting then resting the foot back down on the pedal. The pedals on each board can slide apart, so a foot can rest between them then simply angle slightly to one side or another to activate.

Honestly, I like them, they suit my needs better than competing solutions, and I haven't scratch the surface of the programming side of Fragpedals (Shift functionaltiy, multiple keys per pedal based on time held, macros etc).

I knew going in that they weren't working on Xim so was expecting a lemon, but I had a pretty good idea that I could figure it out and squeezed me some lemonade. I'm not sure yet how I'm going to use them (Super, Leaning, D-Pad all come to mind), but at least they're working.
« Last Edit: 01:07 AM - 04/30/18 by antithesis »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11:16 PM - 04/29/18 »
Just a note that I also contacted the Fragpedal developers with my workaround to see if they can sort it out at their end via a firmware update. The last FW update is from 2011, so I don't have high hopes on that front, but we'll see if anything comes of it.

Offline matthewk85

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: o MattyAu o
« Reply #36 on: 11:18 PM - 04/29/18 »
Just a note that I also contacted the Fragpedal developers with my workaround to see if they can sort it out at their end via a firmware update. The last FW update is from 2011, so I don't have high hopes on that front, but we'll see if anything comes of it.
Where'd you buy from to get in Aus? Amazon I assume?
Seeing as I don't have a T2, I wouldn't bother until it's compatible directly with Apex.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 11:22 PM - 04/29/18 »
I bought direct from the Fragpedals site. Took about a week to get to Oz.

Offline Grarrg

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 07:29 AM - 05/03/18 »
Small update on my end.
I received back to back emails from Fragpedals on Tuesday.

I have contacted our programmer about this issue, and we are meeting this
week for an in-depth review of it.
The short news on this is that we do think we have a possible solution for
this, but it will take us some time >30 days, to get it working.
Especially with input like yours, we see this as something we hope to
support sooner than later.
I will keep you updated re our development focus on the XIM interface, and
we have you on our short list for testing our hardware solution.

Best Regards,

One other note, I may have mentioned that there is a small chance we can
get this resolved for you (fairly quickly) with a work around using
scripts. I don't want to
put too much hope in this, but there is a chance we can get this working
for you with your current Fragpedals, and we'll know this for certain in
1-2 weeks. I haven't discussed a return on your pedals for this reason, we
may get them working as is.
At the same time, we are working on hardware development to ensure our
foot pedals work with the console adaptors, although this is going to take
longer.
Thanks much for your patience, I will be back to you with an update soon.

Best Regards,

It is nice to see that they are working on it.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 04:33 PM - 05/03/18 »
Ok, thanks for the update. I told them about this thread, the issue the Fragpedal exhibits and my solution to resolve it.

Here's the reply from Fragpedal -

Hey, thanks very much for your email and info on the XIM and related
console integrators. We are working on compatibility with the platform,
and definitely appreciate your tips here.  Hopefully, we'll have a fix to
our issues soon on this. We have you on our short email list for update
news on this.

I've got them working via a simple Titan Two script to filter out the stick noise, but that eats a slot on the T2 so I can't have my kb directly attached to it along with the Apex and the Fragpedal.

Overall, I'm happy with the Fragpedal Quad and for the first time I'm actually using foot bindings regularly in-game, so a fix at the source rather than upstream on a Xim or Titan would be greatly appreciated. I had a Stinky Board sitting idle for maybe 5 years because it was too clunky and loud to use.

By the way, I wrote a script for the Fragpedal on Titan One & Cronus Max but it doesn't work. Both devices just toss E screens and are likely overwhelmed by the flood of phantom input. I haven't tried Xim Link, KM Capture or MaxAim on PC, mainly because I don't want to be tethered to a PC to get the Fragpedals working.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 06:04 PM - 05/16/18 »
It's been a couple of weeks, so I thought I'd follow this up.

The Fragpedal filtering is working well on Titan Two, but it affects functionality whereby you need to read the stick values during the script for things like anti-recoil.

I've spoken with J2K at Console Tuner about this and at the end of this month he'll add HID configuration for Fragpedal to fix the input range without depending on the manufacturer coming to the party.

That won't solve the problem for Xim users unless pairing up with a Titan Two, but it is progress. It'd be great if we could get a similar fix for Xim from OBsIV, in case Fragpedal remains idle (no firmware updates since 2011), but I don't know how viable a Xim-based fix will be.

Other than this issue, the Fragpedals have been great and I've used them a lot. They're quiet and reliable, but they do tend to move around, so I've used double-sided velcro to keep them in place on my chair's floor protector.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 09:28 PM - 05/28/18 »
Fragpedal compatibility has been added to Titan Two.

J2K created a custom HID config for Fragpedal that is installed to the SD card. It disables the joystick component to kill the persistent stick pegging, but leaves the mouse and keyboard binding intact.

Support will be officially added to the next firmware release, but I can confirm it works.

Offline ZioComposite

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
  • Gamertag: SpiiiCyChIpS
« Reply #42 on: 11:24 AM - 05/29/18 »
Since I use the Sony Nav instead of a keyboard also bought the "Stinky Board".  Foot pedal type as well but looks to be out of stock everywhere.

https://store.stinkyboard.com/products/early-bird-gaming-footboard

Offline Z0mbi3

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Sapp3rX
« Reply #43 on: 12:08 PM - 05/29/18 »
Can anyone confirm Fragpedal works correct through Xim Link? This is a good idea, hope we get native support for it.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 03:46 PM - 05/29/18 »
Since I use the Sony Nav instead of a keyboard also bought the "Stinky Board".  Foot pedal type as well but looks to be out of stock everywhere.

https://store.stinkyboard.com/products/early-bird-gaming-footboard
I had a Stinky attached to my Xim setup for years, but never used it consistently. It's loud, clunky, uncomfortable and unresponsive. That's why it's out of stock everywhere - good concept, poor execution.