XIM Community

Care to weigh in on my next acquisition? any Roccat aficionados available?  (Read 1741 times)

Offline mjfame

• "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)
Reserved
« Reply #1 on: 01:47 PM - 04/19/18 »
XIM APEX // BETA : 20180402
Logitech G Pro // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT) // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD)

"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1 | 2017.07.27 (10k)

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie
Re: Care to weigh in on my next acquisition?
« Reply #2 on: 03:33 PM - 04/19/18 »
some of those are varied for different hand sizes and grips.

of those i've tried the rival 310, rival 600, G403 and Cougar Revenger S. I find the Rival 600 to be the best of those and I use a hybrid palm/claw grip on it with large hands. I want to try the kona pure owl-eye but I think it's too small for my hands and grip style.

what size are your hands?

Offline mjfame

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:11 PM - 04/19/18 »
some of those are varied for different hand sizes and grips.

of those i've tried the rival 310, rival 600, G403 and Cougar Revenger S. I find the Rival 600 to be the best of those and I use a hybrid palm/claw grip on it with large hands. I want to try the kona pure owl-eye but I think it's too small for my hands and grip style.

what size are your hands?

18cmx9cm  same as Zy's.
i am comfortable using any traditional or hybrid gripstyle.

Love the comfort of my Basilisk and it has just the right amount of buttons for me and the dpi shift buttons on top are easy to access for secondary functions with the tip of my index finger.  I run it at 400DPI on PC and 1800DPI with XIM. The anti-sweat coating is a must for me. This helps so much with the Basilisk. I own a Deathadder Elite that I can't even play with because it gets so slick at times.

I have had my eye on the Zowie FK2 for some time now but have yet to pull the trigger on it. I keep purchasing other mice ahead of it. almost snagged a G Pro just to   have a super light mouse that also sports the 3366 but then I began to second-guess and almost bought the G403 instead because it's similar in shape to my Basilisk and weighs about 17g less. I like the idea of owning a mouse with a sensor that is basically raw as the 3366 is with only 2frames of smoothing at all DPI levels. I know that I will rarely push the DPI beyond 3200 but I like the idea of knowing that it's versatile enough to handle it without any additional delay.

The thing is I also find myself lowering my polling rather often which leads me to believe that even though I dislike the idea of sensors that add extra smoothing at high DPI, I prefer a sort of on-rails predictive aiming feel that is associated with the frame-timing. It helps alot with longer TTK games such as Halo and PvZ GW. Like a timing mechanism to balance out the process-chain from my brain to the final result on-screen. I still haven't found a mouse that I am 100% comfortable with for sniping in Halo when flicking through aim assist. I mean some days i might be on but it's very inconsistent. I have always felt that the FK2 would remedy this is Zy likes it for Quake Live and we have similar hand sizes. Plus it appears that he prefers prediction in his aim as I do.

So now I have a new Top 10 with FK2 still in the mix.. It's getting to a point where the next-gen Zowies should begin to surface however there's no guarantee that the new lineup will eclipse it. On the other hand I have no way of actually knowing that if I don't test one. Perhaps I should just pull the trigger on it FFS. It sounds like it all-round balanced and more than capable of performing as I expect it to. That 5.4cm grip width sounds sexy as well.

It's maddening, I tell you.
Logitech G Pro // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT) // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD)

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:51 PM - 04/19/18 »
go for the zowie or the rival 600. They are both at or near the tops of his top 40 list. I have 20x11cm hands and the Rival 600 would be perfect if it were a tad smidgen larger but it's the best of the bunch.

the truemove3 sensor of the 600 is an excellent variation of the 3360 "TrueMove3 is a 12,000 CPI, 350 IPS optical sensor with no acceleration. There wasn’t a new sensor actually developed and tooled here, though. The TrueMove 3 is essentially a Pixart 3360 that has been programmed with a custom SROM to disable jitter-reduction up to the 3500 DPI range."

http://www.legitreviews.com/steelseries-rival-310-ergonomic-gaming-mouse-review_199522#ZREtQBT4FHdhPCTX.99\

Offline mjfame

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:19 PM - 04/19/18 »
go for the zowie or the rival 600. They are both at or near the tops of his top 40 list. I have 20x11cm hands and the Rival 600 would be perfect if it were a tad smidgen larger but it's the best of the bunch.

the truemove3 sensor of the 600 is an excellent variation of the 3360 "TrueMove3 is a 12,000 CPI, 350 IPS optical sensor with no acceleration. There wasn’t a new sensor actually developed and tooled here, though. The TrueMove 3 is essentially a Pixart 3360 that has been programmed with a custom SROM to disable jitter-reduction up to the 3500 DPI range."

http://www.legitreviews.com/steelseries-rival-310-ergonomic-gaming-mouse-review_199522#ZREtQBT4FHdhPCTX.99\

it's funny i really want to go zowie but then i thought it might get slick like my DA Elite .. not as bad but enough to become an issue for me.

ya i have always been intrigued by the implementation of the extra dedicated camera for the liftoff and have heard good things about the accuracy of SS with TM3. 

i've narrowed it down to the Logitech G403 or the Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye.. i have zero experience with roccat but that mouse looks like it could be gold in my hand.

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:20 PM - 04/19/18 »

it's funny i really want to go zowie but then i thought it might get slick like my DA Elite .. not as bad but enough to become an issue for me.

ya i have always been intrigued by the implementation of the extra dedicated camera for the liftoff and have heard good things about the accuracy of SS with TM3. 

i've narrowed it down to the Logitech G403 or the Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye.. i have zero experience with roccat but that mouse looks like it could be gold in my hand.

the thing with the G403 is it's virtually perfect but for that @#$% hump placement and everyone says it. It really only needs to come forward a bit or come down by just a few millimeters but oh well. The Rival 600 has an amazing coating/finish on it as far as feel goes. Does not become slick at all.

I never tried Roccat until I got the Kone EMP yesterday. I'm digging it. Pretty much the same as the Kone Pure Owl Eye just bigger. It's just a tad too wide maybe but it feels very well made.

Offline mjfame

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:28 PM - 04/19/18 »

the thing with the G403 is it's virtually perfect but for that @#$% hump placement and everyone says it. It really only needs to come forward a bit or come down by just a few millimeters but oh well. The Rival 600 has an amazing coating/finish on it as far as feel goes. Does not become slick at all.

I never tried Roccat until I got the Kone EMP yesterday. I'm digging it. Pretty much the same as the Kone Pure Owl Eye just bigger. It's just a tad too wide maybe but it feels very well made.

i really wanted to go Roccat but I've been reading many complaints that they don't hold up well over time (antithesis said the same) so I ended up going with the G403 this time and bought a sturdier camade for the cord that i will most-likely end up replacing with a paracord at some point.

thanks for your insight. and just because i made this purchase doesn't mean that i'm not still shopping around.  ;D
« Last Edit: 08:33 PM - 04/19/18 by mjfame »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Bungees are indispensable for cable management. I really like the Razer Bungee, but the fat braided Logitech cables barely squeeze in there. I think I killed my G303 removing it from the Razer, but if you're after a permanent mount, it's a great choice.

The Cougar Bunker is fantastic if you swap your gear around. It sticks to the desk like baby poo to a blanket, has a small footprint and a silicon cable holder, which makes mouse swaps dead easy. Getting the Bunker off the desk is another matter entirely, that's no easy task.

The Roccat Apuri is one of the best purchases I've ever made and it got me through the Xim3, Edge and 4 era. It's a combination 4-port powered USB 2.0 hub and mouse bungee. Unfortunately the rubber paint started to disintegrate after 5 or 6 years, which is why I replaced it with the Razer.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline mjfame

• View Profile
Bungees are indispensable for cable management. I really like the Razer Bungee, but the fat braided Logitech cables barely squeeze in there. I think I killed my G303 removing it from the Razer, but if you're after a permanent mount, it's a great choice.

The Cougar Bunker is fantastic if you swap your gear around. It sticks to the desk like baby poo to a blanket, has a small footprint and a silicon cable holder, which makes mouse swaps dead easy. Getting the Bunker off the desk is another matter entirely, that's no easy task.

The Roccat Apuri is one of the best purchases I've ever made and it got me through the Xim3, Edge and 4 era. It's a combination 4-port powered USB 2.0 hub and mouse bungee. Unfortunately the rubber paint started to disintegrate after 5 or 6 years, which is why I replaced it with the Razer.

I already owned a bungee but it' isn't sturdy enough for Logi cables lol. So I purchased a Zowie Camade. And if that doesn't get the job done then I'll just have to make my own lolol

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
Can definitely vouch for the Cougar Bunker. Thing is a beast, but small, which I like. Also is great for swapping out mice easily and that is happening a lot here as I test different mice out. Maybe not so much later but for now yes that is happening.

I'm going to be optimistic with the roccat build quality. After all the Germans would hold those Chinese to rock solid standards right?

It feels rock solid so far and they stopped using a rubberized coating which could have warranted some durability questions. The tilting scroll wheel already feels better implemented quality wise than the G502.

Offline mjfame

• View Profile

I'm going to be optimistic with the roccat build quality. After all the Germans would hold those Chinese to rock solid standards right?

It feels rock solid so far and they stopped using a rubberized coating which could have warranted some durability questions. The tilting scroll wheel already feels better implemented quality wise than the G502.

i really do want to convince myself that this would be a good investment so please keep me updated on its durability after several months of ownership.

Offline Grarrg

• View Profile
I have large hands and used the Roccat Kone Pure Military for several happy years.

I just changed to the G502 SOLELY for the extra buttons...which aren't placed that well at all.

If the Kone had two extra thumb buttons I would still be using it today.

Offline mjfame

• View Profile
I have large hands and used the Roccat Kone Pure Military for several happy years.

I just changed to the G502 SOLELY for the extra buttons...which aren't placed that well at all.

If the Kone had two extra thumb buttons I would still be using it today.

Nice

Offline mjfame

• View Profile
ended up with 3 new Logitech mice. happy.

Admin