XIM Community

[Fornite] Theory and possible solution to the slow building/aux problem epidemic  (Read 885 times)

Offline Torderro

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Buxsadme
Here's just an idea and possible theory, feel free to add on top with your own possibilities and ideas since this is just a basic idea that just popped up in my head.

first of all, the only way we're going to benefit from this is if we're already running a lower DPI, than our maximum allotted dpi available

So there was this issues with AUX mode profiles not being able to work, or just not having enough reliability.
my personally issue was that if I couldn't enter AUX with build button AND exit aux with build button, it just wasn't worth it and felt clunky.

Here is my idea,
let's say we're running 8000 DPI (out of 12,000)
and we'd wish to have a way to enter build mode and have our sensitivity raised up without much worry about reliability with syncing issues or different deactivation keys.

Why couldn't we set up 2 profiles on our mouse's on-board memory.
one with 8000 DPI
one with 12,000 DPI
and use the profile switch button as a build button that switches to 12k DPI whilst entering build mode through a simple macro that does both switch the profile to 12k dpi and presses the build button.

press it again to exit build mode and, go back to hip 8000dpi.

i'm horrible at explaining my ideas and I hope you guys understand.

Logitech g502 has a profile switch button and it allows macros to be used without the ximlink or titan 2.

I can't speak for other mice.

I just hope you can create a macro that brings up build mode and can switch a profile in one go.

just a thought. Thanks.
Bad sad Christmas.

Offline Magnetos hate

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pink Xim
Iím sure this would work for some...

However I know I very rarely will press my button bound to (B) to exit build mode. I usually hit Y; this would mean I would be stuck in my 12000 DPI profile. While I could get used to it with time, I wouldnít use the config because I just use Y to exit build mode so often.

That being said another concern is I donít believe all Mouses will allow you to use the DPi change button as a key for anything else while that button still controls DPI. For instance both my Logitech G502 and G633 do not allow this to happen, if you want to use that key for a button in Xim you must first go into your Logitech software via your pc and disable that buttons original function and give it a dummy key function.....
Xbox One X
BenQ Monitor
Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Mouse
Corsair K70 Strafe Keyboard

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
That sounds like a good idea.

The problem is XIM Manager can't bind profile switches on Actions, as far I know. Because those are not regular keys or mouse buttons; more like a hardware dedicated switches.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad

The problem is XIM Manager can't bind profile switches on Actions, as far I know. Because those are not regular keys or mouse buttons; more like a hardware dedicated switches.
Bingo. DPI buttons are not bindable as they are considered mouse functions and must be re-bound to a regular button or key.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Torderro

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Buxsadme

Bingo. DPI buttons are not bindable as they are considered mouse functions and must be re-bound to a regular button or key.

My profile switch button works whenever I click it. It goes from 4K dpi to 12k dpi as long as I have 2 profiles inside my Logitech profile page.

But yes I wasnít able to have it also do a macro. Itís eitheróor.
Bad sad Christmas.

Offline Deazly

• View Profile
G502 has a DPI shift. Hold it while building for fast turn.

Then you have fast, normal and ADS.
« Last Edit: 04:57 PM - 04/28/18 by Deazly »
Gameplay @ TWITCH and YouTubes

Admin