XIM Community

[Q/A] Xim Apex A & D Movement Keys Become "Stuck"  (Read 121 times)

Offline Squirtle

• View Profile
So when I'm using my Apex at random times my A and D will get stuck going left or right depending on which one im holding down for about 2-3 seconds. It's gotten me killed a lot of times in Halo and I've tried a lot of things to fix it but have had no success. It also happens quite often.

The keyboard I'm using is a Razer Blackwidow 2013 tournament edition.
« Last Edit: 08:14 AM - 04/17/18 by mist4fun »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Xim Apex A & D Movement Keys Become "Stuck"
« Reply #1 on: 05:15 AM - 04/17/18 »
Bingo was his name...oh. It's your keyboard, not the Xim.

Razer kbs exhibit ghosting, unless connected to PC via Synapse. Instead of fixing it via a firmware update, Razer shoe-horned a software workaround into Synapse, because why would you use Razer gear on anything but PC!?!  ::)

If you want to use the Razer kb, consider purchasing a Belkin Easy Transfer cable and use Xim Link. Connect your mouse & keyboard to your PC so the kb has access to Synapse and use Xim Link to access them on Apex. More info in the Commander sub-forum.

Offline Squirtle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:27 AM - 04/17/18 »
Bingo was his name...oh. It's your keyboard, not the Xim.

Razer kbs exhibit ghosting, unless connected to PC via Synapse. Instead of fixing it via a firmware update, Razer shoe-horned a software workaround into Synapse, because why would you use Razer gear on anything but PC!?!  ::)

If you want to use the Razer kb, consider purchasing a Belkin Easy Transfer cable and use Xim Link. Connect your mouse & keyboard to your PC so the kb has access to Synapse and use Xim Link to access them on Apex. More info in the Commander sub-forum.

Gotcha, so Razer is no good? I can just swap it out with my Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum if that's the case and just use my Blackwidow on PC again.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:41 AM - 04/17/18 »
Good call. Logitech gear tends to work really well with Xim.

You may not get your G910 custom lighting scheme across to the Xim (it will probably default to blue LEDs), but it can be achieved via a USB switch. I can post more info if that's of interest.

Offline Squirtle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:01 AM - 04/17/18 »
Good call. Logitech gear tends to work really well with Xim.

You may not get your G910 custom lighting scheme across to the Xim (it will probably default to blue LEDs), but it can be achieved via a USB switch. I can post more info if that's of interest.

Definitely, i use a rainbow scheme would be nice to continue using it.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:55 AM - 04/17/18 »
I use an IOGear GUS404 to share a mouse, keyboard & Stinky Board between PC, Mac & Xim. There's also a 2-port version (GUS402) and the devices are rebranded in some regions as Aten US424 and US224. Assuming you simply want to swap a mouse & keyboard, go with a GUS402 or US224.

Setup your custom lighting in Logitech Gaming Software and save it to the on-board profile. Have your USB switch toggled to the PC at the time (the kb won't work otherwise), then simply toggle it to the Xim and the custom lighting should stick. I've done this on a G410 and others have verified it as working on the G910. The reason it works is the switch maintains both power and the custom lighting when swapping to the Xim, whereas unplugging the kb, then plugging it into the Xim does not.

A couple of additional benefits include less desktop space being eaten by 2 x m & kb, and the USB switch features a 5V micro USB cable port that can be run to a wall-charger to power the kb, in case it needs more than the console can supply for the LED lighting.

Note that when using a USB switch, the console controller needs to remain on the Apex USB hub rather than the USB switch, otherwise the Apex will fail to authenticate with the console when swapping from PC to Xim.

So the setup is -

Mouse & keyboard > USB switch
USB switch > Apex USB hub
Console controller > Apex USB hub
Apex USB hub > Apex
Apex > console

Before dropping any dough on a USB switch, simply try saving the G910 settings on-board and plugging it into the Apex. I don't think that'll work for custom lighting, but it's worth a try.