XIM Community

[RESOLVED] Xim Apex cycles colors and stops on red.  (Read 193 times)

Offline Etherealphenix

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Etherealphenix
Xim Apex cycles colors and stops on red. When I try to connect with my App in IOS it will not find the Apex device. It was working flawlessly but the unit got accidentally unplugged and now it will not connect. This is on an Xbox one X. The app says there is a Read Error. I updated the app and the Apex to the newest versions.
« Last Edit: 07:55 AM - 04/20/18 by mist4fun »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Xim Apex cycles colors and stops on red.
« Reply #1 on: 10:05 PM - 04/16/18 »
Can you please try rebooting your phone (and replugging your XIM APEX) and let us know if that corrects the issue for you?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Etherealphenix

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Xim Apex cycles colors and stops on red.
« Reply #2 on: 10:29 PM - 04/16/18 »
After multiple restarts of phone, re-installs of app and factory resets of Apex it now links. What changed? I have no clue. The app just sees the Apex again.

However, I have no sound in headphones now. Tried multiple genuine xbox controllers including the elite controller. Also tried 3 different controller connection cables. They all produce no sound. If I don't plug the Apex in, I get game sound again.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:11 AM - 04/17/18 »
Which headset and stereo adapter are you using?

Some audio setups require that they be connected only after APEX is finished starting up.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Etherealphenix

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:43 AM - 04/17/18 »
I have tested Turtle Beach XO Four, Rig 400 as well as an After Glow (cant remember model #) and I have 5 black adapters for the controller. None did anything different. I also plugged the headset into the contoller's 3.5mm port and that did not change anything. The headset worked great until I had issues with the Apex getting unplugged.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:58 AM - 04/17/18 »
Turtle beach has been known to be one of these headsets that may require attachment after XIM is finished starting. As for the adapter, are any of these the stereo adapter by Microsoft?

Please try connecting the controller directly to APEX then connect APEX to the console. The hub and other peripherals should not be connected. Now attach your headset directly to the controller. Does audio work?

Offline Etherealphenix

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:35 PM - 04/19/18 »
Sorry for delay getting back to this thread. Oddly enough, another full reset of the Apex fixed the issue. Took like 3 resets in all from the first issue until all issues were clear. Acted almost like the flash done on the Xim to reset it left tidbits of cache behind or something. Anyways it is fixed again. Ty for all the support.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [RESOLVED] Xim Apex cycles colors and stops on red.
« Reply #7 on: 07:56 AM - 04/20/18 »
That's unusual but I'm glad it's working again. Thanks for updating your thread.