XIM Community

[ACTIVE] stopped working  (Read 88 times)

Offline Huddy32

• View Profile
[ACTIVE] stopped working
« on: 04:21 PM - 04/16/18 »
the other night on accident i unplugged my controller from from the usb up by the controller that goes to the xim apex, and i have not been able to get it to work again.

it is like the controller isnt getting any signal. it works if i plug it into the usb of the xbox,  have switched ports wires, etc is there something im missing here?

the xim splitter wasn't harmed or anything i stood up and had my foot on the cord, and it came unplugged from the controller, i figured i damaged the controller so i bought the new one and cord still nothing, the controller vibrates like it is about to turn on, but it doesnt,turn on like it is supposed to.  on the controller if hit the X button it turns on eventually, but mouse and keyboard dont work
« Last Edit: 05:03 PM - 04/16/18 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] stopped working
« Reply #1 on: 05:05 PM - 04/16/18 »
Welcome to the community. Let's try a hard reset, it can sometimes fix this issue. Press and hold the power button on the front of the console for 15 seconds. Once off unplug the power cable to the console for 60 seconds. Reconnect the power cable and power on the console. Attach all peripherals to XIM then connect XIM to the console.

Note that removing the power cable while off has been reported as necessary by some users.

-

If this does not help please try this.

Remove the controller battery
Connect the controller direct to the console using the same cable

Does the controller light turn on automatically without pressing a button?
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Huddy32

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:00 PM - 04/16/18 »
, let me ask you this, the second controller I bought was a wired one, something tells me it wouldn’t work anyway,
My original controller will not turn on when it is supposed to, then I hit the big X button and it turns on half the time, and connects properly, the other half the time it just blinks and never connects.
Do I need to buy a wireless controller? And plug it in?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:56 PM - 04/16/18 »
Yes, only original controllers made by the console manufacturers are supported. The test above will tell us more about the data connection between controller and console.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos