XIM Community

Turtle Beach DSS2 Question  (Read 141 times)

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie
Turtle Beach DSS2 Question
« on: 03:52 PM - 04/14/18 »
I got the DSS2 today and set it up as per the diagram in the Xim 4 forums. It works, but the volume is too low. It's lower than the volume out of the same headphones coming straight out of the controller. The volume knob on the DSS2 does nothing.

Is this normal?

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie
Re: Turtle Beach DSS2 Question
« Reply #1 on: 03:30 PM - 04/15/18 »
just got a fiio amp and all is well. dss2 is very nice with some volume behind it. but it's definitely quiet on its own.

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:08 PM - 04/18/18 »
just got a fiio amp and all is well. dss2 is very nice with some volume behind it. but it's definitely quiet on its own.

What headphones are you using? They might have a higher resistance than regular headphones. I ran into this issue with HD650's.
Xbox One X
XIM Apex
Logitech G502 12k DPI @ 1000Hz
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #3 on: 02:42 AM - 04/19/18 »

What headphones are you using? They might have a higher resistance than regular headphones. I ran into this issue with HD650's.
I was thinking the same thing: my AD 700s are 32 ohms IIRC and the DSS2 has enough power to give me plenty of volume.

What amp did you get, PixelSquish?
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, fnatic Boost Speed, Audio Technica ATH AD700, MixAmp Pro, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!