XIM Community

Mouse with highest consistent polling rate  (Read 480 times)

Offline quertz

• Less QQ more pew pew
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Mr Dr Pwnrbangr
Mouse with highest consistent polling rate
« on: 10:27 PM - 04/13/18 »
I don't believe this has been asked yet but I was wondering if there was a known list of mice that poll more consistently at 1000hz than others?
I use a program on my computer called "mouserate" and it shows the average poll rate but curious how popular mice compare to others.
If memory serves me well, a few years back I was able to overclock my mouse to have a higher poll rate. Not sure if something like this exists or how it would even be implemented but it just got me thinking.
Xbox One | Keyboard: Steelseries 6GV2 | Mouse: Logitech G305 | Pad: Corsair MM300 Extended |

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Mouse with highest consistent polling rate
« Reply #1 on: 10:34 PM - 04/13/18 »
Overclocked your mouse -- that's hardcore!

Honestly, I'm a little skeptical of any tool on a non-realtime OS like Windows that reports a metric like polling rate on a USB peripheral. Are you concerning that your mouse isn't hitting 1000Hz? If it weren't, are XIM APEX would tell you.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline quertz

• Less QQ more pew pew
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Mr Dr Pwnrbangr
Re: Mouse with highest consistent polling rate
« Reply #2 on: 10:39 PM - 04/13/18 »
Thanks for quick response OBsIV!

Haha yeah I think it was an old classic Microsoft Intellimouse that only ran at 125hz and I overclocked it to 250/500hz maybe.. that was awhile ago
I agree "mouserate" is probably not the most reliable software for testing, I'm mostly just curious if anyone here has done any testing of their own and what they found. I don't think there is any problem with my Steelseries Rival 600
Xbox One | Keyboard: Steelseries 6GV2 | Mouse: Logitech G305 | Pad: Corsair MM300 Extended |

Admin