XIM Community

Xim4 Fortnite Aiming Issue  (Read 792 times)

Offline FeeeN

• View Profile
Xim4 Fortnite Aiming Issue
« on: 11:45 AM - 04/13/18 »
Hey guys,

I got the XIM4 in December for cod and everything worked fine. Now I went from using kb and m on ps4 to the xim4 just because the aiming feels weird on native and I want to make use of the aim assist. But I have a big problem with the xim in fortnite. Everytime i move my mouse very slowly for precision aim it doesnít move at all or very very choppy. When I try to go in a diagonal line it looks like itĎs going in stairs. Here is a video:
At first I thought it was my mouse (Razer deathadder at 6400dpi) so i bought a g502. But the problem still exists.

G502 12000 dpi 1000hz
Ingame 10-10
Xim4 hip 15 ads 12

Does anyone have an idea what I could do?

Thanks!

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim4 Fortnite Aiming Issue
« Reply #1 on: 12:11 PM - 04/13/18 »
hey

this is most likely because your g502 doesnt provide constant 1000hz, here are two possible solutions

1) stay with 1000hz on both g502 and xim apex but add a smoothing value of 5-7
2) stay with 1000hz on the g502 but change the xim apex to 500hz

also, if you use a cloth mousepad try 3000-4000 dpi
lots of cloth mousepads dont work very well with high dpis (you can adjust your mousepad in the logitech driver but still 12000 dpi is too high for lots of clothpads)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline FeeeN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:17 PM - 04/13/18 »
Thank you for your fast reply.
I donít have the apex but the xim4. I unfortunately didnít find such an option there.
I tried going down in dpi but that didnít work either. I read that the xim4 only supports 125hz so i tried to put my mouse to 125hz but that didnít work as well.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:26 PM - 04/13/18 »
could you create a brand new fortnite BR config and change nothing in it except for the hip sensitivity set to 15?
dont touch anything else in the config, does it still happen now?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:03 PM - 04/13/18 »
I like the create another config suggestion. Don't paste your current config or adjust any settings on the new config aside from sensitivity.

Otherwise I would check your mouse sensor and mouse pad for dirt or debris. Your G502 has a surface tuning wizard, set this to default for best results. Try using a blank sheet of printer paper, this makes for a good test surface.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Online Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
« Reply #5 on: 04:39 PM - 04/13/18 »
Stop using 1000hz  stay at 500 and lower your dpi keep it under 6400

Offline FeeeN

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:46 PM - 04/14/18 »
Thank you all for your answers, I really appreciate that.

I tried the new Fortnite BR config - same issue no matter what dpi/hz or mouse i'm using.
I've bought a brand new mousepad, because my old one was indeed kind of dirty. The surface tuning was set to default already and i didn't notice any difference when using a piece of paper.
Switching the dpi/hz doesn't seem to change anything at all.
I reinstalled the current firmware too.

When i plug in my G502 into the PS4 directly it works perfectly fine, so does the Razer Deathadder (both work perfectly on pc and Titan two as well). So my guess is it has something to do with the XIM4. Maybe this fault was always present but I just didn't notice because I only used it to play COD with high sensitivity and now that i need slow and precise movement it's just more noticeable.
I tried to fix this issue for several hours  now but nothing works.

Thank you for your help but I guess I'll just keep on using the mouse for PS4 without the XIM.

EDIT:

I'm sorry I wasted your time, I identified the issue. The titan two appearantly doesn't like it when the mouse is connected to the xim and not the titan. Thank you all!
« Last Edit: 07:58 PM - 04/14/18 by FeeeN »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:22 AM - 04/15/18 »
I'm sorry I wasted your time, I identified the issue. The titan two appearantly doesn't like it when the mouse is connected to the xim and not the titan. Thank you all!

so its fixed now?

im not very familiar with the titan two, but thats good to know :)

Offline HoboDeluxe

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: HoboDeluxe
« Reply #8 on: 10:35 PM - 04/18/18 »
Check that angle snapping is turned off in the Logitech gaming software settings. Also try retune your mouse pad in the same program