XIM Community

Mouse and settings help!!! : )  (Read 138 times)

Offline manicblazer

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: ManicBlazer
Mouse and settings help!!! : )
« on: 06:29 AM - 04/12/18 »
Hey guys, i just upgraded from G502 to the Razer death-adder elite because of comfort issues. The elite itself doesn't have on-board memory so it cant save the setting you adjust it to. however, it does come with preset setting of 800dpi, 1600dpi, 4500dpi, 9000dpi, and 16000dpi with 500Hz. So my problem is that for the last three weeks I've been struggling to find a decent setting for my games. i play mostly WW2, Fornite, Rainbow six, etc... one day i would feel great with 9000 dpi and the next day i feel like none of my shot register like the game is fighting me. If anyone plays these games and is willing to help me out in like maybe a custom game i would very much appreciate it. my gamer-tag is ManicBlazer for ps4. Also it would be cool to play with fellow ximmers.

Ps: I have both cloth and hard mouse pad (can't decide which is better)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse and settings help!!! : )
« Reply #1 on: 09:19 AM - 04/12/18 »
Do you recall what your sensitivity values were when using the G502 at 12,000 DPI? You did use 12,000 DPI correct?

If you still have the values and know your previous DPI you can convert them using a DPI calculator:

http://www.csgosetup.com/dpi-calculator/
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline manicblazer

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: ManicBlazer
« Reply #2 on: 09:52 AM - 04/12/18 »
yeah i remember my setting for G502 and i have used cs:go dpi translator. i've actually used it for other mice. but for the razer elite im not getting the same feeling and performance. it might have to do with the sensor or the polling rate or just the weight or shape of the elite. i just can find a consistent config. it feels like everyday im playing at a different firmware. everything is up to date, i'm i missing something?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:42 AM - 04/12/18 »
All of those points could be a factor. Unless you've made other config changes immediately after receiving the mouse then I don't have other recommendations other than use the converter then adjust incrementally up or down from there. If you had made changes you may want to look at your sync settings in your config. The proper sync setting will depend on the game and the person, try different settings in each game to decide what works best for you in that game.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos