XIM Community

To-buy list  (Read 4200 times)

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: To-buy list
« Reply #15 on: 05:47 PM - 10/04/10 »

Yea I saw that.  :D
Maybe Obsiv could chime in on this because I'm not sure if this is exactly how the switch would fit in the equation.
 Wish tester could post a diagram on how exactly he was able to do this. By just looking at the 2 inputs...looks as if the keyboard was still on the Xim3 (in) and the mouse was on a single usb (out) . So switching to the pc with this set up and you have no keyboard. Unless he had a spare keyboard on the pc already and was just using the mouse by itself between both Xim3 and pc.
« Last Edit: 05:57 PM - 10/04/10 by glenn37216 »

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08:17 PM - 10/04/10 »
Interesting diagram.. why do you have the m/kb on the xim and not the switch? In the beta video his mouse was on the switch.

LOL M-M-M-M-M MONSTER KIL KIL KIL KIL KILLLLLLL.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08:18 PM - 10/04/10 »
someones been drinking again.. ::)
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x SLAYER Steve
« Reply #18 on: 08:21 PM - 10/04/10 »
That Mouse is recommended actually.
Keep in mind you can't reassign the dpi buttons.
Consider the g500 or g700 if you want to do that.

And you speakie gooder English than most here. :)
Sure you can.  You can just re-assign the dpi buttons to keystrokes in setpoint, then use those keystrokes in xim config file accordingly.  It's what I do.

Can we use an XIM2 as the XIM3 wired controller.  I don't have any wired controllers other than the XIM2 atm.

He's asking about using it with xim3... No Setpoint b/c no computer...

And yes, xim2 will work as the wired xbox controller. Confirmed by Obsiv himself...

Offline Amuro

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08:54 PM - 10/04/10 »
Also, open question.  Can we use an XIM2 as the XIM3 wired controller.  I don't have any wired controllers other than the XIM2 atm.

I think it's been said a few times that you can, and I believe OBsIV even stated that some of the beta testers were using the XIM2 software/profiles on PC and then routing it through the XIM3 for the smart translators (but don't quote me on that)
Actually OBsIV said the beta testers were only using XIM2 as controller hooked up to XIM3, but not connected to the PC.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09:21 PM - 10/04/10 »
haha nice new avatar glenn ;D
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04:10 AM - 10/05/10 »
Hey thanks Od1n !  ;)

Mist , by the look of the video I think this would be the way the tester had his set-up ran.  Think so ?
*Updated picture to better reflect beta tester's switch config.

He would have had to use the Xim3's usb "mouse" input to run a usb cable to the switch. Does it matter which port on the Xim you plug either the keyboard or mouse on ?
   No matter how you look at it when you switch over to the pc with this config , you cannot use the G13 because it's attached to the Xim3.

-Maybe he kept a keyboard attached to his computer. He used the G13 on the Xim3 and only needed a mouse on the switch ?
« Last Edit: 06:19 PM - 10/05/10 by glenn37216 »

Offline mjn39

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10:23 AM - 10/05/10 »
That Mouse is recommended actually.
Keep in mind you can't reassign the dpi buttons.
Consider the g500 or g700 if you want to do that.

And you speakie gooder English than most here. :)
Sure you can.  You can just re-assign the dpi buttons to keystrokes in setpoint, then use those keystrokes in xim config file accordingly.  It's what I do.

Can we use an XIM2 as the XIM3 wired controller.  I don't have any wired controllers other than the XIM2 atm.

He's asking about using it with xim3... No Setpoint b/c no computer...

And yes, xim2 will work as the wired xbox controller. Confirmed by Obsiv himself...

Hmm, good point.  Would kind of suck to lose those dpi buttons as action buttons in xim3.

Offline technogiant

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12:58 PM - 10/05/10 »
Well this is the mouse I'm thinking of buying, just a simple mouse with the default buttons xim3 will support, but I like having the side buttons above and below rather than infront and behind.

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/-/2356/1623/-/9366814/Hewlett-Packard-USB-Laser-Gaming-Mouse-With-VooDooDNA/Product.html?searchtype=genre

Offline mikey1804

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01:12 PM - 10/05/10 »
what about something like this?

edit: you might need to right click, view image

Offline reqless

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01:24 PM - 10/05/10 »
^ that would most likely work, but two switches? really?

Your better off buying a G13 or w/e keypad you want and keeping your keyboard connected to your PC, and then just having your mouse hooked up to the switch.

...not sure what the beta user is doing though, since he only has his mouse connected.
PC, PS4, & Switch | XIM Apex | M: ASUS VG248QE | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Corsair K95 | A: MMX300 + Mixamp | M: Zowie ZA12 | DPI: 3200

Offline technogiant

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01:27 PM - 10/05/10 »
Well like that but use a dual usb switcher instead of two single ones, thats the way I thought it would work anyway.

Offline Jdawg

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 04:40 PM - 10/05/10 »
@#$%, after watching that last beta video posted I kind of want that G500 and Razor Lycosa now  :-\

I need a job to afford this stuff!

Offline Amuro

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 08:19 PM - 10/05/10 »
@#$%, after watching that last beta video posted I kind of want that G500 and Razor Lycosa now  :-\

Might as well want the new Blackwidow as it costs the same and is mechanical.

Offline dj_sn1pa

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 08:21 PM - 10/05/10 »

yeh dude i have a g500. it's an excellent mouse. get one!
LONG LIVE XIM 2!