XIM Community

Please update the Fortnite battle royale controller scheme to "Builder Pro"  (Read 4511 times)

Offline Axelstrife

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: nickskitz93
well i didn't need to change much.
i hit q to enter build mode and use mouse left and right click and the two side buttons on my mouse.
im still very bad  but the servers just went down so i cant play anymore to get used to it.

I can say though even with me @#$% up my building a little due to no muscle memory of this setup i am still just as fast as i was with combat pro. so give it a few days and it will be awesome.

Offline Voban

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vobam
well i didn't need to change much.
i hit q to enter build mode and use mouse left and right click and the two side buttons on my mouse.
im still very bad  but the servers just went down so i cant play anymore to get used to it.

I can say though even with me @#$% up my building a little due to no muscle memory of this setup i am still just as fast as i was with combat pro. so give it a few days and it will be awesome.

The new build mode is not more faster, you will need macros too.. I still prefer Combat Pro with building macros
Plus having to cycle between weapon slots is more essentiel
« Last Edit: 05:53 PM - 04/11/18 by Voban »

Offline Parzival

• View Profile

The new build mode is not more faster, you will need macros too.. I still prefer Combat Pro with building macros
Plus having to cycle between weapon slots is more essentiel

What macros do you use on combat pro?

Offline BigBen

• View Profile
This new mode let me build definitely faster than with the combat pro settings, especially when building more than just a wall or a ramp. I love it, was pretty easy to get used to it. I think they did a good job, my so called panic wall (just build a wall when being shot) is till the same button combo so that was easy too.
Building a fort is really easy now.
Like I said I love it, I think a lot of people will.

Offline ubelai

• View Profile
Iíve actually wonderedÖ Does anyone know if using the XIM for mouse, and plugging KB straight into the console to work? I canít do it as I use a Razer Tartarus game pad which the Fortnite settings donít seem to recognize, and donít have a normal keyboard laying about.

Offline bouwman

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: bouwmaN-
Iíve actually wonderedÖ Does anyone know if using the XIM for mouse, and plugging KB straight into the console to work? I canít do it as I use a Razer Tartarus game pad which the Fortnite settings donít seem to recognize, and donít have a normal keyboard laying about.

It wont, cause the xim is your controller. You cant use the native keyboard and the mouse on xim at the same time.

Offline Torderro

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Buxsadme
Guys itís literally just enter build mode, and then tap and hold the button for turbo building. No more need for macros. And itís not only for controller users. Xim uses benefit from this new control scheme as well.
Iím going to use left click right click for the stars and wall and back mouse button for the floor peice. You just tap and hold to build. That simple. No need to double tap them. No need for the macros anymore.

Right???? No?
Bad sad Christmas.

Offline bouwman

• View Profile
Guys itís literally just enter build mode, and then tap and hold the button for turbo building. No more need for macros. And itís not only for controller users. Xim uses benefit from this new control scheme as well.
Iím going to use left click right click for the stars and wall and back mouse button for the floor peice. You just tap and hold to build. That simple. No need to double tap them. No need for the macros anymore.

Right???? No?

Is there a fortnite update on xim, to use this into your manager config? You cant do this in the normal cfg btw.

Offline JoTi

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Jo_Vogel_Snipez
No update is needed. just map your buttons how you want and all works fine

Offline bouwman

• View Profile

Cant? In je xim conifg i cant find build stairs =L2 bind to .....

Offline SixShooter

• View Profile

Cant? In je xim conifg i cant find build stairs =L2 bind to .....
Itís probably unreasonable to ask xim programmers to have separate config for every controller layout for every game. Just map what you want to L2 regardless of what the description says for L2

Offline Torderro

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Buxsadme
Guys it’s literally just enter build mode, and then tap and hold the button for turbo building. No more need for macros. And it’s not only for controller users. Xim uses benefit from this new control scheme as well.
I’m going to use left click right click for the stars and wall and back mouse button for the floor peice. You just tap and hold to build. That simple. No need to double tap them. No need for the macros anymore.

Right???? No?

Is there a fortnite update on xim, to use this into your manager config? You cant do this in the normal cfg btw.

And why can’t you ?????

You CAN. there’s literally nothing stopping you from using the current config.
Just map whatever you want RT, LT, LB and RB to. You gotta click the three dots on the bottom in the buttons set up, in the xim apex manager and click the right arrow and you get a whole 2nd page of key binds you can use.

I can’t wait this is going to be literally perfection.

Guys, this is assuming you’re on the brand new Fornite Builder Pro controller layout that’s coming out in the next patch.

I honestly don’t understand how and why anyone is confused by this whole thing.
Bad sad Christmas.

Offline warning634

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: warning634
Sorry if this is going to sound dim, but I'm very new to using the Apex.

I'm playing fortnite on my xbox one x, once I'm in the apex app to map the buttons, am I correct in thinking that there is no mapping option to directly assign stairs, walls, floors and roofs to a button, as there is not a sub/build option (I don't know if that makes sense) all you have is build and then switch through your options, maybe once its updated in the apex manager, it will have the assigned buttons to re map? LT - RT - LB - RB

I'm using a fragchuck, so I would like to have walls L/trigger, stairs L/bumper and floors and roof on the fwd/back buttons on the mouse, but they are already assigned to other functions, so how would I do this?

Thanks
Xbox One X
Xim Apex
Razer DeathAdder Elite
FragFX FragChuck
Roccat SOVA Lapboard

Offline Broachster14

• View Profile

Right???? No?

And why canít you ?????

You CAN. thereís literally nothing stopping you from using the current config.
Just map whatever you want RT, LT, LB and RB to. You gotta click the three dots on the bottom in the buttons set up, in the xim apex manager and click the right arrow and you get a whole 2nd page of key binds you can use.

I canít wait this is going to be literally perfection.

Guys, this is assuming youíre on the brand new Fornite Builder Pro controller layout thatís coming out in the next patch.

I honestly donít understand how and why anyone is confused by this whole thing.

Iím having issues with this as well, unless Iím missing something. I shoot with my left mouse button (right trigger on controller) and zoom with my right mouse button (left trigger on controller). Since walls and stairs are also left and right trigger, Iím forced to use left and right mouse clicks for walls and stairs.

Offline SixShooter

• View Profile

Right???? No?

And why canít you ?????

You CAN. thereís literally nothing stopping you from using the current config.

I canít wait this is going to be literally perfection.

Guys, this is assuming youíre on the brand new Fornite Builder Pro controller layout thatís coming out in the next patch.

I honestly donít understand how and why anyone is confused by this whole thing.

Iím having issues with this as well, unless Iím missing something. I shoot with my left mouse button (right trigger on controller) and zoom with my right mouse button (left trigger on controller). Since walls and stairs are also left and right trigger, Iím forced to use left and right mouse clicks for walls and stairs.

You aren't forced to use it. Use a secondary key bind if you don't want to use left and right click.  Or make an auxiliary profile to enter some type of custom build mode.