XIM Community

Please update the Fortnite battle royale controller scheme to "Builder Pro"  (Read 4758 times)

Offline Axelstrife

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: nickskitz93
The controller scheme is included with the v3.5 patch that's happening right now which will drastically improve building speed so i hope the battle royale xim profile will be updated to use it quickly.

>New 'Builder Pro' controller configuration
This configuration is similar to “Combat Pro”, but optimized for fast placement of building pieces.
Wall, floor, stairs, and roof have designated buttons on controllers.
The first button press will switch to the mapped building piece, then every press after will place that piece.
To switch between materials or traps, press the Left D-Pad button.

Offline bouwman

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: bouwmaN-
This would be a great and best update so far :>

Online d1sable

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: d1sable
Oh yes please. Should def be default config now. Thanks

Offline noScope420

• View Profile
Would love to have this option.

Offline Parzival

• View Profile
Guys, you can use Builder Pro with the current profile. The only thing that’s going to change is the labels. Just use the control scheme in Fortnite in-game settings for reference instead of the labels in the XIM profile.

Double tapping to place a piece seems unnecessarily tedious. I suppose the best way to take advantage of this control setup is to assign double tap macros to mouse buttons. Still wish they would’ve mapped the roof piece to right on the D-pad so that right trigger can still act as the placing button for all pieces and allow you to still take advantage of turbo building. But Epic decided to put squad comms there...I question its usefulness.
« Last Edit: 06:11 AM - 04/11/18 by Parzival »

Offline wugg

• View Profile
Having the same button binding to switch and place pieces means there’s no dedicated button to place pieces. For most people that have played PC fortnite, combat pro will still feel much better than builder pro. I’ve gotten quite accustomed to combat pro and cycling pieces and my build speed is quite close to what it is on PC. having to cycle between weapon slots is the much bigger detriment compared to cycling through building pieces.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
so far builder pro looks like a step in the wrong direction to me
if you really have to press every building button twice to confirm the structure you are still required to use macros for PC like building

will try it out later to see how it works out
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline HelloItsMe

• View Profile
I've been using it today and its actually really good just took some getting used to but I can build exactly and as quick like I would on PC.

Offline Voban

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vobam
So macros are useless now ?

Offline wugg

• View Profile
It’s a step in the right direction for controller users but less than optimal for XIM users familiar with the feeling of PC building. Unless you set up macros, builder pro layout means you have one less finger for movement.

Voban, your macros aren’t useless if you want to keep using combat pro. You’ll also need new macros if you want to replicate PC building on builder pro.

Offline SixShooter

• View Profile
The controller scheme is included with the v3.5 patch that's happening right now which will drastically improve building speed so i hope the battle royale xim profile will be updated to use it quickly.

>New 'Builder Pro' controller configuration
This configuration is similar to “Combat Pro”, but optimized for fast placement of building pieces.
Wall, floor, stairs, and roof have designated buttons on controllers.
The first button press will switch to the mapped building piece, then every press after will place that piece.
To switch between materials or traps, press the Left D-Pad button.

Why does it need to be modified? you just assign keyboard/mouse button to the controller button you like.

Offline InZaneHD

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: LnZane HD
Is it possible to add a new profile thats using another button layout when pressing the building button?

Offline gritoutlander

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: gritoutlander
  • PSN ID: gritoutlander
You dont have to press every button twice.  you press the piece you want once to switch to it,  and then again as many times as you like to build with it. 

Your primarily going to left and right click.  and probably mouse wheel up and down to build,  with a normal setup,  which is a huge improvement over swapping with the wheel, and having it glitch.

Offline Voban

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vobam
I didn't like it  >:(
You have to press every button twice when you switch structure  :o
I still prefer Combat Pro with macros

Offline Khaled87

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Khaledm87
I've been using it today and its actually really good just took some getting used to but I can build exactly and as quick like I would on PC.

Mind sharing your keys mapping?

Thanks
XBOX One | XIM APEX | Corsair K70 RBG rapidfire | Logitech G502 - 12k dpi 1000Hz | Mousepad: Corsair M300