XIM Community

Footswitch as an extra button for Nav  (Read 2087 times)

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie
Re: Footswitch as an extra button for Nav
« Reply #15 on: 09:48 AM - 04/14/18 »
You got it working ... good.

I read a lot about the software being crap, but I just tried it and it worked 1st time ... changed the 1 to a 3 and it stayed in the memory.

i know what you mean about the clunky feel, I'm using it as "hold to sprint" and it gives me more control turning corners. I'm more or less just holding it down most of the time, but I wouldn't want to use it as  a button bind for quick reaction stuff.
I'm using the second pedal on a sniper ads+zoom config and it feels great ... my aim is much more accurate by not having to hold down the right mouse ... and even if I release the pedal and zoom in again it feels way quicker than right click + scroll wheel to zoom .

that's exactly what I bought it for - hold to sprint so I could give my left pinky a break cause it starts to ache.

i too could not use right mouse for ADS, i use the mouse back button and love it there. my thumb is already on that button practically so it makes sense.

so you have the double pedal setup then. I just bought the one - on amazon the dualie was like 100 bucks, the single was 30.

it's a good device though, thanks for the heads up. i'm getting used to it faster than changing a binding to another finger button. it just makes sense for hold to sprint since it's like stepping on the gas. it makes mental sense which makes it bind to muscle memory faster IMO.

Offline Au1d Yin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07:36 AM - 04/15/18 »
Yeah I bought the double pedal, although I'm thinking now that I would have been better off getting 2 single pedals. I'm getting on a bit lol, and my knees have seen a lot of wear and tear with sport injuries, it's easier for me if the pedal is straight in line with the angle of my foot for the quickest reaction.
I've been playing around with the pedals in various positions ... centred for Left foot /Right foot ... and set off to the right for using both with my right foot .... Centre position squashes my goolies lol !!

The setup that feels most natural .. (to use without thinking about it) ..  is using the 6.00 plastic Sodial switch under my left foot, and just using 1 pedal on the Scythe under my right foot ... I can just click away without thinking about it. 
I keep trying to adapt to the Scythe double but I'm thinking I might just use my cheap plastic Sodial on my left foot, and find a minor button setting for the spare pedal on the  Scythe.

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07:55 PM - 04/15/18 »
Yeah I bought the double pedal, although I'm thinking now that I would have been better off getting 2 single pedals. I'm getting on a bit lol, and my knees have seen a lot of wear and tear with sport injuries, it's easier for me if the pedal is straight in line with the angle of my foot for the quickest reaction.
I've been playing around with the pedals in various positions ... centred for Left foot /Right foot ... and set off to the right for using both with my right foot .... Centre position squashes my goolies lol !!

The setup that feels most natural .. (to use without thinking about it) ..  is using the 6.00 plastic Sodial switch under my left foot, and just using 1 pedal on the Scythe under my right foot ... I can just click away without thinking about it. 
I keep trying to adapt to the Scythe double but I'm thinking I might just use my cheap plastic Sodial on my left foot, and find a minor button setting for the spare pedal on the  Scythe.

If you can dexterously use a pedal per foot then props to you!

I'm building the muscle memory with this pedal for sprint and it's just getting better and better. SLowly my pinky is being used less and less and the foot is becoming pure instinct.

Did a little mod for the pedal, it was sliding a lot on my bamboo floors. Got some rubber furniture feet pads and unscrewed the feet the scythe came with and stuck those on. Much better.

Thanks for the heads up again. This is working out very well.

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10:13 PM - 04/15/18 »
Ha, this thread reminds me of this mod I made way back:

https://wiiremotefps.wordpress.com/2014/08/29/wii-remote-foot-pedal-mod-tutorial/
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, Switch Joy-Con, Logitech G502, Razer mouse bungee, SteelSeries 4HD mousepad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My setup (incl. Joy-Con mount): https://bit.ly/2jic7bG

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Using a Nav? Frustrated by the lack of buttons? See here: https://bit.ly/2JINRuB

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline Au1d Yin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03:59 AM - 04/16/18 »

I'm building the muscle memory with this pedal for sprint and it's just getting better and better. SLowly my pinky is being used less and less and the foot is becoming pure instinct.

Did a little mod for the pedal, it was sliding a lot on my bamboo floors. Got some rubber furniture feet pads and unscrewed the feet the scythe came with and stuck those on. Much better.

Yeah that comes quite natural .. just like tapping your feet to a beat, and only one click will register at a time anyway.

Just ordered another single Scythe, I'd been using the cheap Sodial for my left foot but it's front hinged; the Scythe is rear hinged and I'm able to activate it with toe pressure ... don't need my whole foot on it. Might have a look inside to see about trying to weaken the spring pressure to make it even easier to activate.
 Anyway .. glad I bought it :)

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08:16 AM - 04/16/18 »

Yeah that comes quite natural .. just like tapping your feet to a beat, and only one click will register at a time anyway.

Just ordered another single Scythe, I'd been using the cheap Sodial for my left foot but it's front hinged; the Scythe is rear hinged and I'm able to activate it with toe pressure ... don't need my whole foot on it. Might have a look inside to see about trying to weaken the spring pressure to make it even easier to activate.
 Anyway .. glad I bought it :)

what would be nice is to be able to bind the buttons so that pressing down on the scythe would sprint and move you forward at the same time, whilst still being able to just press the forward button to walk forward as well.

pressing on the pedal feels like pressing on the gas in a car, so i expect myself to just start sprinting forward in the game sometiems without having pressed the walk forward button lol

it would be nice though, seriously.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08:29 AM - 04/16/18 »
what would be nice is to be able to bind the buttons so that pressing down on the scythe would sprint and move you forward at the same time, whilst still being able to just press the forward button to walk forward as well.
Can the Scythe buttons be bound to keys, like W?

Whenever possible, I bind W to both move forward and Sprint in HIP, then deselect "Inherit Bindings" on ADS and unbind Sprint completely to prevent it from breaking ADS.

It's also easy enough to bind an Auxiliary page to the Walk button and unbind Sprint on that page too, again to prevent Sprint from breaking Walk.

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08:35 AM - 04/16/18 »
Can the Scythe buttons be bound to keys, like W?

Whenever possible, I bind W to both move forward and Sprint in HIP, then deselect "Inherit Bindings" on ADS and unbind Sprint completely to prevent it from breaking ADS.

It's also easy enough to bind an Auxiliary page to the Walk button and unbind Sprint on that page too, again to prevent Sprint from breaking Walk.

yes you can bind the scythe pedal to Walk.

i think i get how to make the scythe pedal both walk and sprint at the same time in HIP but not ADS but unsure how to be able to walk and walk only while in HIP. Can you elaborate more on your point?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08:43 AM - 04/16/18 »
Just to be clear, there's Walk speed (a Xim function), Normal movement speed (hold W), and Sprint (tap Sprint key).

Normal movement speed can be bypassed entirely in HIP, as can the necessity to tap Sprint (thus freeing up a mouse button or keyboard key) by binding Sprint to W.

To do what you want, try setting one of the Scythe buttons to W and also bind Sprint to W in Actions. You will lose normal movement speed in HIP, but that doesn't matter in most games.

Bind the other Scythe button to Walk, and you've got yourself an accelerator and a brake.

Going ADS or holding Walk will override the auto-sprint behaviour.

Offline Au1d Yin

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09:58 AM - 04/16/18 »
In my auxiliary page set up for sniper ads + scope in The Division I have the Scythe, which is programmed as (K1),  open the aux page ... activation key set as (k1).
I then set ads as (k1) and also scope zoom as (k1) ... they all activate as one.

So would it work if you maybe made an auxiliary config for sprint + forward for the Scythe.
If you set the Scythes software to a keyboard button you dont use in game, then set that button as the aux activation key, then set the same key to sprint, then in the aux page under keyboard set what would normally be "W" to the same Scythe activation key ... would that work?
I dont use WASD so I'm not sure, but if the game allows you to run straight with "W" and then move about with the mouse it should be good.
Or set your "A" "D" keys in the keyboard aux page and still use them for turning while moving forward with the Scythe forward activation key.

If that did work you would then have your normal wasd when not activating the foot switch.
« Last Edit: 10:17 AM - 04/16/18 by Au1d Yin »

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12:22 PM - 04/16/18 »
Just to be clear, there's Walk speed (a Xim function), Normal movement speed (hold W), and Sprint (tap Sprint key).

Normal movement speed can be bypassed entirely in HIP, as can the necessity to tap Sprint (thus freeing up a mouse button or keyboard key) by binding Sprint to W.

To do what you want, try setting one of the Scythe buttons to W and also bind Sprint to W in Actions. You will lose normal movement speed in HIP, but that doesn't matter in most games.

Bind the other Scythe button to Walk, and you've got yourself an accelerator and a brake.

yeah i need normal walking speed in hip when i want to be more discreet. it's not the thing i do most often but enough that i need it.

if the manager was tweaked a bit you could set it up to work I think.

Offline Au1d Yin

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 07:42 AM - 04/17/18 »

yeah i need normal walking speed in hip when i want to be more discreet. it's not the thing i do most often but enough that i need it.

I'm sorry if this sounds like a silly question Pixel, but you do know that you can set up an auxiliary config setting within your existing game config?
When you set that up you can bind your walk/forward/sprint buttons to any key you want.
You play your game with all your standard settings until you press the key..[in your case the Scythe]..that activates your extra auxiliary config setting. In that setting you can change things about to whatever you want (as in my last post).

Again I apologise if you already know this, but if you're in the ads page the right arrow at the top [in Xim4] takes you to a blank config page, you can inherit all your button settings and then change them or disable them.

I use a G13 joystick for movement but I'm going to try out changing the Scythe sprint config to tie in with keyboard for movement, i.e. make forward (which would normally be "W") bind  to my Scythe (which is "K1")
Then I should be able to sprint without touching my G13 joystick.
Reason for this is to see if it helps combat The Division fast 180 which if it kicks in accidentally, is really disorientating.
« Last Edit: 07:47 AM - 04/17/18 by Au1d Yin »

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08:27 AM - 04/17/18 »

I'm sorry if this sounds like a silly question Pixel, but you do know that you can set up an auxiliary config setting within your existing game config?
When you set that up you can bind your walk/forward/sprint buttons to any key you want.
You play your game with all your standard settings until you press the key..[in your case the Scythe]..that activates your extra auxiliary config setting. In that setting you can change things about to whatever you want (as in my last post).

Again I apologise if you already know this, but if you're in the ads page the right arrow at the top [in Xim4] takes you to a blank config page, you can inherit all your button settings and then change them or disable them.

I use a G13 joystick for movement but I'm going to try out changing the Scythe sprint config to tie in with keyboard for movement, i.e. make forward (which would normally be "W") bind  to my Scythe (which is "K1")
Then I should be able to sprint without touching my G13 joystick.
Reason for this is to see if it helps combat The Division fast 180 which if it kicks in accidentally, is really disorientating.

Thanks! I got it to work using an aux config.

I setup the activation key to the scythe - then mapped sprint and walk forward to the scythe as well. I put my sens the same as in HIP and it works perfect!

Offline Au1d Yin

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 08:54 AM - 04/17/18 »
Nice one  :)

Just tried this on The Division and it's the bees knees !!!
Never thought of doing this before but it feels great with automatic move forward and sprint on a one key foot press.

Feels so good when you can keep your feet on the pedal and sprint, but then go ads and be walking forward while shooting, then go running again when you come out of ads ... really liking this  :) :) :)

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09:36 AM - 04/17/18 »
Nice one  :)

Just tried this on The Division and it's the bees knees !!!
Never thought of doing this before but it feels great with automatic move forward and sprint on a one key foot press.

Feels so good when you can keep your feet on the pedal and sprint, but then go ads and be walking forward while shooting, then go running again when you come out of ads ... really liking this  :) :) :)

it's gonna be fun. I liken it to like stepping on the gas in your car, you expect it to go forward. So I was sometimes pressing on the pedal and expecting to sprint forward automatically, so figured why not set it up that way - only thing was I was challenged in how to do so lol