XIM Community

Anyone know if Star Wars Battlefront 2 is good with the Apex?  (Read 1698 times)

Offline spawnpeekingyager

• View Profile
Been thinking about picking it up for $24, and was just wondering if it was good

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie
it works very well with the apex from what i've heard

Offline ColtsFan

• MVP
    • View Profile
I picked up the game when it was on sale last time.  The XIM works fine with it, the game is frustrating to me for other reasons.
PC: R7 5800X / EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 / 16GB
Monitor: MSI Optix 32 Curved 1440p 144hz
Inputs: Razer Orbweaver / Logitech G Pro X Superlight
Headset: HyperX Cloud 2 Wireless

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
I had been playing the game since Launch with my XIM4 and now XIM APEX for a month.

The game felt pretty close to PC, with XIM, SWBF 2015 was the best.

The Aim Assist is quite strong on this game, I was fighting against it with XIM4, I have to use curves but still very good.

XIM Apex was a nice upgrade, the 1000Hz polling rate breaks the AA bubble easier, is not a hindrance, no curve needed to get out of the bubble because of that, no acceleration.

1000Hz polling rate, sync = Default is the easier to break AA, it feels like the SWB2015
1000Hz polling rate, sync = Common (needs smoothing) felts a more magnetic AA
500Hz polling rate, sync = Common, no AA is PC like (my favorite setup)

Offline delooper

• View Profile
Yup, it works well.  The Apex has a very clean feel in SW BF2.  I'm using the Apex on a PS4 Pro.

Offline Beaker1991

• View Profile
I have been playing it just fine using the APEX. So go ahead and pick it up. I need more Rebel scum to slaughter.  :)

One thing though, you will need to play with the APEX settings a little in order to find a vehicle setting that will work for you. For some reason, IMHO, the XIM has issues with vehicles in most games. Maybe someone more knowledgeable with how the XIM works can explain why.

Offline spawnpeekingyager

• View Profile
I have been playing it just fine using the APEX. So go ahead and pick it up. I need more Rebel scum to slaughter.  :)

One thing though, you will need to play with the APEX settings a little in order to find a vehicle setting that will work for you. For some reason, IMHO, the XIM has issues with vehicles in most games. Maybe someone more knowledgeable with how the XIM works can explain why.
Yea I can't drive vehicles at all in Battlefield 4, I tried raising the auxiliary sensitivity, but that didn't fix anything

Admin